Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 07:39 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
If you are the forty year user. Please share...

Do you feel you have any addiction to marijuana...yes or no? Yes, psychological, not physical.

I also appreciate you are following the letter of the law... Thank you.

Have you used concentrated cannabis? I assume you mean edibles? No, but I have not ruled it out.

Ever driven with thc in your system? Too complicated to answer properly. You don't understand the difference between active THC (delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol) and inactive THC metabolites (11-nor-9-carboxy-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). So the over-simplified answer to your question is that I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles with THC in my system, with no accidents.

Ever been drug tested for a job? No. I have been either self employed and/or the President of the company since the mid 1990's, and before that there was no drug testing done at any of the companies I worked for.

Ever had a relationship altered because of your drug use? No.

Do you feel that there are many mj folks out there that are ruining your movement because of their obnoxious and criminal behavior? No. There are some, but looking at the bigger picture they are such a small fraction of the total I would not call it "many", like you do.

Thanks raddo ...you sound like a user I wouldn't mind as a neighbor...well..maybe...I would have to see if you're the real deal
Thanks, I think. But frankly I don't think you would back that up. I have been wanting to ask you this anyway:

Let's say I actually was one of your neighbors. Let's say we have lived in the same neighborhood for years, and while we may not be best buds, we know each other well enough that we consider each other good friends and neighbors that could count on each other.

Then, somehow, let's say you got wind of the fact that I was a cannabis user. I believe at that point all of my good qualities would suddenly matter not. I believe that you would lose respect for me, to the point of calling me a loser if someone asked you about me.

Am I right about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 09:33 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Thanks, I think. But frankly I don't think you would back that up. I have been wanting to ask you this anyway:

Let's say I actually was one of your neighbors. Let's say we have lived in the same neighborhood for years, and while we may not be best buds, we know each other well enough that we consider each other good friends and neighbors that could count on each other.

Then, somehow, let's say you got wind of the fact that I was a cannabis user. I believe at that point all of my good qualities would suddenly matter not. I believe that you would lose respect for me, to the point of calling me a loser if someone asked you about me.

Am I right about that?
Perhaps... I always thought I would never associate with anyone who uses drugs...so... While I might not associate with you doesn't mean I wouldn't get along with you cordially as a neighbor... especially if we lived rurally where neighbors have to depend upon each other

I mind my own business. Don't focus upon other people UNLESS they do something obnoxious first... I also live on many acres... I smell neighbors weed..at least in the past it was very prevalent...since granny twelve plant and no outdoor grows..legal ones anyway...it has gotten much better

See raddo..you're a whole person..for which drug use is but one aspect of who you are and I have always tried to look at a whole person...my personal preference is to surround myself with physically and mentally healthy people because that is everything I aspire to... And so someone who uses pot has no bond with someone like me
I am also severely colored and jaded...my world is full of liars.. and through the entire process of granny twelve plant every promise made by the marijuana proponents was regularly and obnoxiously violated... If they just had grown their 12 plants nobody would care

2000 complaints this year... That's what is being dealt with... That's obnoxious.. and means a lot of pisded off neighbors and a lot of angst over a plant...

You are actually a well spoken person..you have cogent arguments... We just differ on outcomes. We always have..and although I've softened in my marijuana stance over time we will probably never agree...

Still..if you
Complied with the law
Weren't obnoxious sbout your marijuana use
Didn't do sales from your home

What do I care...I don't

As a life prescription I try to wave at my neighbors... help them whenever they ask... Usually because I'm the guy with heavy equipment and can fix and build anything with high quality results... Otherwise... I'm busy with my wife. Travel..community work..exercise..cooking..welding ..custom vehicle building music adventure into the wilderness teaching prehospital emergency care and working on marijuana projects..mission trips into the tbird world..although I'm not a religious person......I still do the dui duid probation class every month as it keeps me in touch with my buds..human ones...and I'm working on two special projects for our sheriff.. because I have the time desire and expertise...

I believe there will be legalization...because most people don't care...and most people are not affected yet by marijuana obnoxious behavior...you know what that is. I know what that is..we don't need to describe it.i also think there are nefarious forces at work to control marijuana and there ate billionaires behind... Im always suspicious at the ulterior motives of anything that can work people up into a frenzy

I also holistically don't like one third of America..with all the trials we have have..looking at another substance that diminishes their ability to deal with reality.. but I'm also very realistic..I cannot stop it.. never could...

I still think globally and act locally

You could be my neighbor and I could never know you use marijuana...that would be your choice

Generally and unfortunately laws are created for a small segment of the population that are idiots.
Legalization will bring problems with it. The two sides line up with their argurmrnts with regular folks in the middle getting the resulting chaos...I really hate more DUIds on the road...we aren't prepared for that and it's already taking effect...in our case where it is carefully monitored it's now 50 percent self reporting dui with both alcohol and mj... The synergistic effect is telling in the amount of accidents and contacts. There are also other signs..spiked in social welfare..marijuana involved in some fashion in.most calls for service from domestics to burglaries..for raddo..while you fastidiously obey the law criminals are naturally attracted to drugs..all drugs..not just mj..all drugs. . I've seen one too many battles for it though to think it's somehow in current form and fashion to be good for our country

Howdy neighbor...the real question is. Do you want to live peacefully next to someone like me?

There are occasional users
Potheads who choose the lifestyle
heavy users who are stoners
And
Dopers. Who are crooks who use mj as a part of their criminality

That's my list..I think I treat them differently

Last edited by notmeofficer; 07-30-2016 at 09:59 AM..

Old 07-30-2016, 10:35 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,971 times
Quote:
Great. Start cops for dope..you can be a founding member... I'm sure the dopers will love you...

Real police would laugh...you haven't relayed any information that you're real police anyway...
Something doesn't feel right..my Spidey sense says...
Park ranger. County guard...armed security...

What state are you in again... And tell us about the drug training you received...are you even dart trained?

Have you ever arrested and charged a hype..done it hundreds of times
Ever arrested a grower..hundreds of times
Ever pull down some heavy weight... With a couple of hundred thousand dollars... Chest bump young gun... I have... and while parking tickets are important for quality of life there is nothing better taking a doper down... Non discriminating as to the drug... I don't care...equal opportunity

We do know that you profess prior drug use..what department would hire with that?

You think for one second dopers will go for Monsanto dope... Distributed by Phillip Morris?
Maybe your yuppie toker joker...your weekend aficionado... Users on this board based upon their comments and addictions...after all someone who has professed daily marijuana use for forty years is addicted don't you think?.... Nope... This type of user will never comply with any marijuana law... Why..I see it daily in my county...pick up any newspaper

I know it's hard working a small department for some people...getting to handle a barking dog as the nights highlight... Some police live in another world... Where taking down a garden run by armed felons is a great hook... And great improvement of a neighborhood...

I've been to hundreds of garage grows..every one was a disaster waiting to happen in the neighborhood... And it was always satisfying to shut one down.

Chit chat in the internet... I helped write the ordinance to better my community..it was at more satisfying than writing a simple ticket for possession...which as I stated I haven't written one of those in twenty years...

I'm working on the next generation of laws to come out of Sacramento involving marijuana.. I'm working on the drone project... I'm working on the mj software identification project... It's exciting...I'll be happy to share the results when some of these things come to fruition....

If you're hanging with druggies you'll get the stink on you... This is a certainty

Time to go work with kids and dogs....how many times will mj smokers be out in their community today doing something other than occupying space and getting high...but..I digress for I still have thirty more minutes in the stair master... Instead of using drugs I go to the gym every day... Have for as long as I can remember.... Someone who smokes mj couldn't begin to keep up as their lungs are immediately compromised by their drug use...

Please share

By the way...the laughing policeman is a great movie...before your time..Walter Matthau did a great job acting..you might like it
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...vuKTpOqmNb3iog

What are you going to do?
There already is a group of former and current cops. LEAP

And you could be a fraud too. There's no way to really know. I don't have to prove anything to you believe what you want.

Chicago. I never cared to have any "drug training". There's More serious crimes out there.

Hype? Good for you drug warrior.

Prior drug use? Lol. Man you really are dense. Most all agencies hire people that have used cannabis in the past. Heck I even know a guy that did mushrooms twice as a teen and was hired at 25. Heck a guy got a dui ten years prior, and then got picked up by a pd.

Just like craft brews which have a good portion of the market, there will be craft cannabis.

More long drawn out drivel. For the 195th time, cannabis grows will be almost non existent compared to the market as a whole. When a gram of decent grade cannabis is 5 or 10 bucks there won't be enough profit for the black market to thrive, will there be some illegal grows here and there? Sure, but nothing compared to now.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:54 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Perhaps... I always thought I would never associate with anyone who uses drugs...so... While I might not associate with you doesn't mean I wouldn't get along with you cordially as a neighbor... especially if we lived rurally where neighbors have to depend upon each other
Your detailed response has me a bit surprised. It just doesn't align with 99.9% of all your other posts where ALL drug users are bad people with no integrity, no job, no motivation, and smell bad to boot. Your posts indicate NO exceptions, even if it is just marijuana use, all are "druggies", "stoners", and "dopers" that should be sterilized. Regardless of your last post, I still believe you would rather sterilize me than live near me.

Quote:
See raddo..you're a whole person..for which drug use is but one aspect of who you are and I have always tried to look at a whole person
Since when? I have tried to provide you with insight to who I am, and others have also, over and over. All of us have always been untrustworthy druggies in your mind. Have you (gasp) started to open your eyes enough to realize that not all cannabis users belongs in your one-size-fits-all category?

Quote:
I am also severely colored and jaded...my world is full of liars.. and through the entire process of granny twelve plant every promise made by the marijuana proponents was regularly and obnoxiously violated... If they just had grown their 12 plants nobody would care
Thank you for admitting your jaded viewpoint. It influences you more than you realize. For example, in your very next sentence you state "every promise made by the marijuana proponents was regularly and obnoxiously violated", but that is your jaded viewpoint talking. Only the ones you KNOW about violated the restrictions. After all, how could you possibly know about all the tens of thousands of grow operations that are fully compliant? You can't. Yet, you extrapolate what you see into it somehow applying to the majority of cannabis users, which is not correct. It's your jaded viewpoint that is quite strongly influencing you.

Quote:
Still..if you
Complied with the law
Weren't obnoxious sbout your marijuana use
Didn't do sales from your home

What do I care...I don't
But don't you see that that isn't good enough? It has to be made legal, so that people like me don't get into unjustified trouble. You seem to think that if I do things right that I'll get through life without getting busted, but many of the "good guys" like me who did nothing differently than I do gets their life destroyed simply because they were unlucky. We can't live with that constant threat -- it has to be legalized.

Quote:
I believe there will be legalization...because most people don't care...and most people are not affected yet by marijuana obnoxious behavior...you know what that is.
No, we disagree on that. The obnoxious behavior you see is committed by such a small percentage that I have never witnessed ANY of it, yet it is almost ALL that you ever see. It's precisely why you are admittedly so jaded.

Quote:
You could be my neighbor and I could never know you use marijuana...that would be your choice
I guarantee you, with no uncertainty at all, that some of your neighbors are indeed cannabis users without you even so much as suspecting it. Including people you've known for years.

Quote:
Legalization will bring problems with it. The two sides line up with their argurmrnts with regular folks in the middle getting the resulting chaos...I really hate more DUIds on the road...we aren't prepared for that and it's already taking effect...in our case where it is carefully monitored it's now 50 percent self reporting dui with both alcohol and mj... The synergistic effect is telling in the amount of accidents and contacts. There are also other signs..spiked in social welfare..marijuana involved in some fashion in.most calls for service from domestics to burglaries..for raddo..while you fastidiously obey the law criminals are naturally attracted to drugs..all drugs..not just mj..all drugs. . I've seen one too many battles for it though to think it's somehow in current form and fashion to be good for our country
The majority of that is your jadedness talking.

More accidents? No, the states that have already legalized have already proven that.

Spikes in Social Welfare? Not hardly. That recent Medicare Part D study that I shared with you shows how much of a drop in prescription medication usage occurs when a medical marijuana law is implemented.

Quote:
Howdy neighbor...the real question is. Do you want to live peacefully next to someone like me?
No problem! In fact, not only do I also live on an acreage in a rural part of the state, but my next door neighbor is in fact a cop! He works for the police department of a nearby small town.

Last edited by Raddo; 07-30-2016 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-30-2016, 12:33 PM

Well there you go...Raddo.

cant get along even if I tried....

so.. back to sterilization... that sounds interesting.. but in the following manner

Heavy marijuana users are good at self sterilization with low sperm count...at least ten percent of them anyway

BTW do you feel that expectant mothers should use cannabis during their pregnancy?... before you start posting up the pro dope mantra I want you to have a watershed critical thinking moment

Now as to rock solid sterilization

Yep.. felons of the dangerous kind..any crime against another person... absolutely

Felons and any other criminals (lets lump marijuana in here)that would like a reduction or commutation of their sentence with early release and who have demonstrated they are ready for the community... they can do so knowingly and voluntarily

Its a win win for everyone
By natural attrition the criminal element in society would go down
Our population might go down
The cycle of violence would go down..its a learned behavior

Raddo... in a social welfare county in California...where marijuana has a solid hold.. there is a huge spike because of people traveling from other places seeking the magic weed..working on a garden illegally and then declaring need means we all pay... so yes we have spiked... social welfare here means ALL the bene's.. money food housing transportation medical education utilities... California gives it ALL away...

wcfme
LEAP are knuckleheads... headline grabbers and libo bootlickers ..
No narco training...jeesh how does that happen.. dont they even teach anything in a basic academy anymore.. we got a solid week... and an optional 160 hr dea school...I loved it... the schools later were even more intense...

Have you ever charted a hype?once? Ever taken down a honey oil lab..once?.. Do you even know the chemicals used and the process?...other than google.. ever arrested for an illegal grow room..or even seen one in your jurisdiction? written a search warrant for one? testified voir dire and qualified as an expert in regards to marijuana... ever? ( I threw in the hype for good measure... he has nothing to do with mj..other than they will use any drug they can)

If you have then you are a drug warrior per posters on here and would be on opposite sides of this issue and your personal feelings.. and not doing your job... care to share?

None of my neighbors are dopers...or even MJ users..I know my neighbors
CHP commander... Caltrans engineer.. retired Navy Captain... they all hate marijuana
Getting a mile out there is one user.. he''s legal.. I know.. I have access to the database..and hes never had a complaint.( perhaps like you Raddo... a user but not obnoxious and compliant with the law so no one gives them a second glance..I have never even looked... actually its two guys...boyfriends... after that its way beyond my span.... but.. there are plenty of dots on the map.. something like 6000 if I recall...in a moderate county size... you should note that 1/3 of those have registered complaints against them...actually let me restate that.. the number is somewhat smaller as some places have multiple complaints against them
A complaint can be as simple as noxious skunk smell during harvest to more serious illegal sales to plantation size grows
The complaints are dealt with in relation to seriousness.. smelly dope might get a letter and a facility inspection by building safety with a LEO (unfortunately because of violence we cannot JUST respond a civilian to any MJ complaint.. no matter how seemingly benign).... a plantation grow will get a helicopter and a marijuana eradication team... of course this would be after an undercover investigation..maybe some hand to hand purchases... identification of all the players... and how to take their money

Sometimes forfeiture laws are very worthwhile but usually all we get is a 50k environmental cleanup bill

Last edited by notmeofficer; 07-30-2016 at 12:53 PM..

Old 07-30-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:

wcfme
LEAP are knuckleheads... headline grabbers and libo bootlickers ..
No narco training...jeesh how does that happen.. dont they even teach anything in a basic academy anymore.. we got a solid week... and an optional 160 hr dea school...I loved it... the schools later were even more intense...

Have you ever charted a hype?once? Ever taken down a honey oil lab..once?.. Do you even know the chemicals used and the process?...other than google.. ever arrested for an illegal grow room..or even seen one in your jurisdiction? written a search warrant for one? testified voir dire and qualified as an expert in regards to marijuana... ever? ( I threw in the hype for good measure... he has nothing to do with mj..other than they will use any drug they can)

If you have then you are a drug warrior per posters on here and would be on opposite sides of this issue and your personal feelings.. and not doing your job... care to share?

CHP commander... Caltrans engineer.. retired Navy Captain... they all hate marijuana
Getting a mile out there is one user.. he''s legal.. I know.. I have access to the database..and hes never had a complaint.( perhaps like you Raddo... a user but not obnoxious and compliant with the law so no one gives them a second glance..I have never even looked... actually its two guys...boyfriends... after that its way beyond my span.... but.. there are plenty of dots on the map.. something like 6000 if I recall...in a moderate county size... you should note that 1/3 of those have registered complaints against them...actually let me restate that.. the number is somewhat smaller as some places have multiple complaints against them
A complaint can be as simple as noxious skunk smell during harvest to more serious illegal sales to plantation size grows
The complaints are dealt with in relation to seriousness.. smelly dope might get a letter and a facility inspection by building safety with a LEO (unfortunately because of violence we cannot JUST respond a civilian to any MJ complaint.. no matter how seemingly benign).... a plantation grow will get a helicopter and a marijuana eradication team... of course this would be after an undercover investigation..maybe some hand to hand purchases... identification of all the players... and how to take their money

Sometimes forfeiture laws are very worthwhile but usually all we get is a 50k environmental cleanup bill
LEAP bootlickers and knuckleheads huh? I see intelligent former chiefs and brass speaking the truth. You're just mad your drug war has spent a trillion on drugs yet drugs are easier to get than ever before.

Hype? No honey oil labs here. Practically all jurisdictions have had illegal grows. Patrol officers are the foundation of police work. Im not a drug warrior like you

You still have illegal grows because it's still illegal in 90 percent of the country

Old 07-30-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
LEAP bootlickers and knuckleheads huh? I see intelligent former chiefs and brass speaking the truth. You're just mad your drug war has spent a trillion on drugs yet drugs are easier to get than ever before.

Hype? No honey oil labs here. Practically all jurisdictions have had illegal grows. Patrol officers are the foundation of police work. Im not a drug warrior like you

You still have illegal grows because it's still illegal in 90 percent of the country
A hype...you do know what a hype is don't you?

Old 07-30-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
A hype...you do know what a hype is don't you?
For the 3rd time

Old 07-30-2016, 04:54 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:

I mind my own business. Don't focus upon other people UNLESS they do something obnoxious first... I also live on many acres... I smell neighbors weed..at least in the past it was very prevalent...since granny twelve plant and no outdoor grows..legal ones anyway...it has gotten much better

Quote:

Old 07-30-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
For the 3rd time
Have you ever taken any action in your career related to marijuana?

Written a duckett...
Arrested a suspect...
Detained a juvenile
Handled a call wherein it was a part of that call
Dealt with stoner behavior..either as an observation or as the result of a call
Arrested a duid marijuana..or duid multi drugs with mj

Here's what other Californians think about magic weed

//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...t-city-13.html

Surprise surprise...people who do the harmful illegal drugs ALSO gravitate to marijuana...the cart....or the horse

Last edited by notmeofficer; 07-30-2016 at 05:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies