Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 10:27 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
I'm no doper, but I'm sure laughing. Laughing at how ridiculous it is.

From a chemistry standpoint, it's almost impossible to dissolve any significant quantities of THC in water, and to dissolve enough THC to contaminate an entire town's drinking supply would be a staggering task, if it were even technologically possible. I can barely guess at how many hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars it would cost to dissolve that much THC in a water-soluble form, and again I question whether anyone short of a government or major research facility even has the means to attempt it.

I can't wait to see the followup next week, when the town admits it was a false positive caused by the field testers smoking a joint during their lunch break.

This.

Even if it were possible to disperse TCH in water in a way that would contaminate an entire reservoir, do you have any idea how MUCH THC would be required to produce more than a mild case of the munchies for anyone who drank the water?

This is much ado about nothing.....even the most daft stoners know not to drink the bong water.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 10:28 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane harry View Post
You mean like plastic?
I was thinking diamonds. I wonder how long it would take to dissolve a diamond in water?

Old 07-22-2016, 10:34 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Exactly.

It is lies made up to scare. I would imagine it only heats up the closer we get to November.

"Shipping in bottled water". LOL.

If ONLY the anti-pot side would engage in fact based truthful discourse on the subject. They have been trying the "lying is OK if it achieves our goals" method for almost 80 years now.
Each person could easily purchase a water filter and solve the problem. Sounds like more is going on.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:48 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Each person could easily purchase a water filter and solve the problem. Sounds like more is going on.
My guess would be that someone still sore about legalization is screaming "eeeeeek" for political purposes.

Maybe a significant number of people in town are agitating for allowing pot to be sold in Hugo.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
My guess would be that someone still sore about legalization is screaming "eeeeeek" for political purposes.
That is what I was thinking too. But with those folks it goes beyond being "sore". They think anything is justified in this war, including creating false public scares. That's because, to put it mathematical terms, "Legalization = The Sky Is Falling".
Quote:
Maybe a significant number of people in town are agitating for allowing pot to be sold in Hugo.
I didn't even think about that, but there could be something to it. The entire eastern plains of Colorado is very conservative, with none of the counties allowing for medical or recreational sales. People are probably getting tired of having to drive to the front range to get it.

Note I said SALES are not allowed in those counties, Mr. Officer. Possession and personal growing are perfectly legal there.

Unfortunately, I had to add that disclaimer, otherwise he would take it and run with it, trying to say that the majority of Colorado counties have "said no to pot", which is just another way he puts his spin on anything and everything concerning cannabis.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:48 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Quote:

I think you are perhaps right

I wonder what more testing will reveal...

And in more marijuana violence this morning another k9 was stabbed in the neck and chest in another garden raid .. t this dog was flown like the other to a large city for emergency surgery...his current prognosis is critical...I guess that's green plant is worth protecting at the cost of the life of another....
http://www.lakeconews.com/index.php?...est&Itemid=197

I thought marijuana was supposed to make the users peaceful?

As far as the water story..looks like I awakened some of the resident potheads...I guess its after noon for some of them and time to get up to collect the government check in the msilbox

What if the story is true...would any pot user on here agree that such an act WOULD be an act of domestic terrorism...purposeful tainting of a public water system...

Shades to the 60s when the merry pranksters threatened to put LSD in the water supply

Old 07-22-2016, 11:54 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

I wonder what more testing will reveal...

And in more marijuana violence this morning another k9 was stabbed in the neck and chest in another garden raid .. t this dog was flown like the other to a large city for emergency surgery...his current prognosis is critical...I guess that's gemreen plant is worth protecting at the cost of the life of another....

I thought marijuana was supposed to make the users peaceful?

As far as the water story..looks like I awakened some of the resident potheads...I guess its after noon for some of them and time to get up to collect the government check in the msilbox

What if the story is true...would any pot user on here that such an act WOULD be an act of domestic terrorism...purposeful tainting of a public water system...

Shades to the 60s when the merry pranksters threatened to put LSD in the water supply
Jesus, give it up, will you? Considering that your rambling and completely off-topic trolling posts are the most incoherent and irrational posts on the entire thread, where do you get off ridiculing everyone who disagrees with you as "pot heads?" If we're all potheads and you represent the lone voice of... I dunno... non-pot-smoking or whatever, then I think most outsiders reading this thread would suggest you fire up a joint so you're not in so far over your head.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:

What if the story is true...would any pot user on here agree that such an act WOULD be an act of domestic terrorism...purposeful tainting of a public water system...

Calling it domestic terrorism is going a bit far in my book, since, if this happened, no one will die or even be injured. But yes, it is a crime to add any unexpected substance into a public water supply, no matter how innocuous.

Adding a dangerous substance might be considered domestic terrorism, depending on the circumstances. Since it could be the act of a demented or evil person who had no political purpose in mind.

"Thou shalt take part in no bad scenes"

Old 07-22-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
This "pothead" got up at 6:10 AM this morning, and completed the construction of a complex piece of electronic test equipment. I designed these units, and I build them from scratch. Their complexity would boggle your mind.

I provide these to customers who have a need for such a piece of test gear. They pay me in return, which I then use to pay taxes, buy groceries, and make my house payment.

Isn't that the way it is supposed to work? If so, what should it matter to you if I consume cannabis?

Last edited by Raddo; 07-22-2016 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-22-2016, 12:12 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times
Firstly, the OP is completely wrong. Just stupidly wrong in fact. Maintaining drugs as illegal is what drives crime rates up. The moment drugs can be sold legally, the hold that organized crime has on these drugs starts to dissipate. History has shown this to be true. Simple logic also supports this claim. Yet he's stuck in the "evil pot-heads" line of "thinking" keeping him from actual thinking.

As for the Colorado thing, it could have been some kids thinking it;d be funny to get the whole town high. It could have just been a mistake. Who knows. And honestly, who cares. The amount that would be in the water that the average person would even inject is minuscule at best. Given that THC needs heat energy to become active, it's unlikely that anyone would feel the effects and even if they did, again, the dosage would be negligible. Worst case scenario, trace amounts show up on someone's drug test and even that is highly unlikely. The amount would likely be comparable to the amount that someone would get through second hand pot smoke, and that rarely shows up on drug tests anyway.

So here's some advice to Republicans who hold the 'drugs=evil' position. You're ****ing yourselves. Badly. Both you and Libertarians talk about small government and individual freedom and the Libertarians are the only ones actually following that. You can't oppose large government then say it should be illegal for someone to grow pot in their backyard and smoke it in their basement. That contradiction is obvious to everyone who's not stupid. Sorry, but it's true. I've pointed this contradiction out before and I don't believe I've ever had anyone address it. Best I've gotten is "well, they collect welfare and I'm against that so..." which is basically saying "government is already big so let's make it bigger to fight big government." Again, people who aren't stupid have no choice but to be skeptical there. As crazy as some Libertarians can be, at least they're pretty damn consistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies