Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 10:41 AM

8,609 posts, read 10,140,336 times

Advertisements

So I wanted to ask your thoughts on this. Do you believe that the Obama Administration believes that the US and Mexico cannot remain critical partners if a wall is built to keep out illegal immigrants and drug traffickers.

What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 11:07 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,000 times
My opinion? He could care less either way. He simply wants to expand those who will be slaves to government benevolence and thus expand those who support being slaves to the almighty GODvernment.

A nation without secure borders is not a nation but a wasteland with roving bands of barbarians.

Mexico has declared war upon the United States by sending in invading hordes of those that they don't want in their country. They are not a partner or neighbor, they are an enemy of this country. If they are our "friend", they will stop invading our nation.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:09 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,610 times
He wants America to be less white and less sovereign. All actions he takes are towards that direction. Take a roll call. Everything he does is towards that.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:12 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,220,647 times
I think he realizes a wall is a good idea, but he cant admit it. His only argument against it seems to be some abstract argument about symbolism. It would work and he knows it.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:12 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,444 times
As a legal immigrant to the US myself, I strongly oppose illegals. It is a big middle finger to those who wait in line and go through the painful long legal process of becoming a US Resident/Citizen.

Build the wall, secure the border, and exercise the laws already in the books.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:35 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
As a legal immigrant to the US myself, I strongly oppose illegals. It is a big middle finger to those who wait in line and go through the painful long legal process of becoming a US Resident/Citizen.

Build the wall, secure the border, and exercise the laws already in the books.
Most illegals here overstayed their VISAs . The wall wouldnt solve the problem, in fact it isnt meant to. It is the definition of "feel good" legislation/action.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:43 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,725,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Most illegals here overstayed their VISAs . The wall wouldnt solve the problem, in fact it isnt meant to. It is the definition of "feel good" legislation/action.
Why not? People who overstay their visa must renew or be deported until they clear up their paperwork. I have a co-worker from India whose visa was about to expire. She would have been required to leave the company immediately if it lapsed.

If employers were required to purge workers whose documentation was not current it would free up positions for Americans.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Why not? People who overstay their visa must renew or be deported until they clear up their paperwork. I have a co-worker from India whose visa was about to expire. She would have been required to leave the company immediately if it lapsed.

If employers were required to purge workers whose documentation was not current it would free up positions for Americans.
Well said

Laws are already in place. If only the Democrats would stop promoting lawlessness with their endless excuses.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Well said

Laws are already in place. If only the Democrats would stop promoting lawlessness with their endless excuses.
How does a wall stop someone from coming here who overstayed their VISA ??????? They are already here, LOL

The wall only works to stop those who choose to come here illegally, not those who came legally and then overstayed their welcome and those people are the majority of what we call illegals. That is why building a wall doesnt solve the problem or really even put a dent in it

Old 07-22-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How does a wall stop someone from coming here who overstayed their VISA ??????? They are already here, LOL

The wall only works to stop those who choose to come here illegally, not those who came legally and then overstayed their welcome and those people are the majority of what we call illegals. That is why building a wall doesnt solve the problem or really even put a dent in it
No one has said the wall will keep visa overstayers out.

Mexico is a third world country and doesn't have the security in place to ensure people who want to do harm cannot get to Mexico and then on to US.

An open border between any First World and a Third World country is always going to be a problem. A wall is needed, it's long overdue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies