Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 04:32 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
It's the individual who commits the crime, but once that individual commits the crime they should no longer be allowed guns. Granted some stipulations usually someone who uses a firearm to commit a crime is going to spend 5 year's in jail. That's why I say anyone with an arrest record of violent offenses and served x amount of years in jail, chooses to revoke their Constitutional right to own and use a firearm.
But that's not the way we do it.

A felon is a felon regardless if their crime was violent or not.

Some non violent crimes that are categorized as a felony can be surprisingly benign.

For example.......I'm not sure if the law is still on the books, but at one time it was a felony in the state of Texas to posses more than six sex toys.

And there are things that may be a felony in one state but a misdemeanor in another state, so two people could conceivably commit the same exact crimes in different states and one would be barred from owning firearms for life, while the other is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 06:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
But that's not the way we do it.

A felon is a felon regardless if their crime was violent or not.

Some non violent crimes that are categorized as a felony can be surprisingly benign.

For example.......I'm not sure if the law is still on the books, but at one time it was a felony in the state of Texas to posses more than six sex toys.

And there are things that may be a felony in one state but a misdemeanor in another state, so two people could conceivably commit the same exact crimes in different states and one would be barred from owning firearms for life, while the other is not.

How does the sub-title, felon... change the fact they are a person, walking free in society.
The 2nd Amendment says, "people" for a reason. The founding fathers were all felons to the government of Britain. Had Britain, succeeded in disarming the public, there is no way we would be the USA today.

I doesn't say, citizens, 21 years and older, who are non-felons and mentally stable. It says the PEOPLE, the same as WE THE PEOPLE.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:21 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How does the sub-title, felon... change the fact they are a person, walking free in society.
The 2nd Amendment says, "people" for a reason. The founding fathers were all felons to the government of Britain. Had Britain, succeeded in disarming the public, there is no way we would be the USA today.

I doesn't say, citizens, 21 years and older, who are non-felons and mentally stable. It says the PEOPLE, the same as WE THE PEOPLE.
Still all "hat" I see.....

Old 07-23-2016, 07:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
I wonder why these gun lovers just don't want to get rid of all rules.... Seems their argument is hypocritical and steeped in ignorance.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:48 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Still all "hat" I see.....
What ever that means?
Go ask Art Acavedo, about his perspective!! LOL

Old 07-23-2016, 07:52 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Who are "you folks?"

This is the biggest problem with the us vs. them herd mentality. Common sense is common sense which doesn't need to take a side.

Oh please... it's a perfectly good comparison which is consistently ignored because it reveals the left are blatant hypocrites when it comes to votes.

Yes it does and has. Voting for consonants and ignoring character has killed far more people than guns.
"Common sense" is the most abused, over used ridiculous statement ever seen pertaining to firearms.

If you don't agree with "my" common sense you are wrong. So lame on so many levels. A catch word, buzz word, intellectually lazy

Old 07-23-2016, 07:55 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I wonder why these gun lovers just don't want to get rid of all rules.... Seems their argument is hypocritical and steeped in ignorance.

Maybe because when anti gun activists get more and more extreme in their ideas for what they want to ban, regulate or legislate out of the definition of "arms" in the 2nd amendment, the other side responds with arguments that are equally extreme in their point of view.

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction".

If the Left really wanted to reduce the number of guns sold in America, the best thing they could do is ignore it, because the more they squawk, peck and crow, the more people buy guns.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:02 PM

Step one to sounding like an ignoramus relating to firearms:

Gun show "loophole"
Common sense gun laws
clips vs mags
assault weapon
thingy that goes up
You don't need that
high capacity mags
back ground checks are accurate

I'm sure I'm missing some here.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Maybe because when anti gun activists get more and more extreme in their ideas for what they want to ban, regulate or legislate out of the definition of "arms" in the 2nd amendment, the other side responds with arguments that are equally extreme in their point of view.

If the Left really wanted to reduce the number of guns sold in America, the best thing they could do is ignore it, because the more they squawk, peck and crow, the more people buy guns.
The progs at the Fed and State level must have stock in firearms because they are the best salesmen ever.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:05 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:

Guns will be sold regardless of the extreme statements, if there is not direct threat of gun control they will just make one up and the paranoid will buy it, the last 16 years is proof. No one in their right mind would believe that there would be total confiscation but then they're are the extremists.

Background checks work although not perfectly, instead of whining that they don't work why not improvements like a 30 day waiting period. What's the downside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies