Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 08:15 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Individuals who are mentally health issues can own firearms and be diligent gun owners. They have not chosen to have mental health issues. However, am individual makes a choice to give up his rights as a future gun owner when committing certain crimes and illegal activities.

Constitution is set up as well as laws to protect the rights and lives of individuals. However, the 2nd Ammendment is a right earned by citizenship.
Should the convicted getaway driver be prohibited from ever owning a car again, or the hacker be disallowed from future computer usage, or the phone scammer be denied phone ownership?
Guns are inanimate objects. It's the person and their actions that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 08:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Individuals who are mentally health issues can own firearms and be diligent gun owners. They have not chosen to have mental health issues. However, am individual makes a choice to give up his rights as a future gun owner when committing certain crimes and illegal activities.

Constitution is set up as well as laws to protect the rights and lives of individuals. However, the 2nd Ammendment is a right earned by citizenship.

Yes, they give up their rights, once caught and incarcerated to keep them from their natural rights.
But.... You better keep them there or kill them there. Once they are released back into society, their full natural rights, including self defense and the ability to keep & bear arms, comes right back to them. No law can keep that from happening. NONE! Unless a law is passed and enforce that once released you have an army following the individual, to make sure he is denied his rights.
It is too easy to make a gun from household items.

I have a fully automatic air rifle I made that shoots .45 sabots, holds 200. The air chamber holds enough pressure to fire over 100 rounds efficiently. Changing canisters is as easy as hooking up and air hose to a compressor. It has better ballistics than a .45 1911.
It is not loud and sounds like an old steam train chugging along.... Choo-Choo-choo-choo-choo-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihPFjuxBjPo

Last edited by BentBow; 07-23-2016 at 08:42 AM..

Old 07-23-2016, 08:30 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
I don't agree with that. If so one was incarcerated for 25 years for armed robbery and released. They should not be allowed to legally own a firearm ever again. Not saying something tp police, but if your are caught having an illegal firearm in your possession you face the risk of more time.

I believe those incarcerated continue to have Constitutional rights. They have the right to vote and so forth while in Prison I feel, but that's OT.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:32 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
I don't agree with that. If so one was incarcerated for 25 years for armed robbery and released. They should not be allowed to legally own a firearm ever again. Not saying something tp police, but if your are caught having an illegal firearm in your possession you face the risk of more time.

I believe those incarcerated continue to have Constitutional rights. They have the right to vote and so forth while in Prison I feel, but that's OT.
Because you're under the false impression that the gun commited the crime.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfvJtjbY9TM

Tell me a background check stops this....

Old 07-23-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:

A free person has all their natural rights and abilities, unless an army follows their every step.
How do we propose that happens?
Guns are relatively easily made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfvJtjbY9TM

Old 07-23-2016, 08:55 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
BB - as you know most of the Asylums were closed on the 70's and 80's because of cost. They have been running around loose without care since then. The kid that shot up the Sandy Hook school is a poster boy for letting the nuts running around loose. That kid should have been in an asylum receiving proper treatment or just kept away from other people.

I have no problem with background checks as one would only reveal a very small part of my past. It would not be a good predictor of my future behavior.
In Missouri, the courts decided that it was illegal to keep the mentally ill in an institution. So now, they are homeless and roam the streets.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:19 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Because you're under the false impression that the gun commited the crime.
It's the individual who commits the crime, but once that individual commits the crime they should no longer be allowed guns. Granted some stipulations usually someone who uses a firearm to commit a crime is going to spend 5 year's in jail. That's why I say anyone with an arrest record of violent offenses and served x amount of years in jail, chooses to revoke their Constitutional right to own and use a firearm.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:23 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You've ignored everything I've said. Personal experience, no reason to lie, gave you a path to find the truth. YOU truly don't give a sht so why are you even here?

https://www.oathkeepers.org/most-dan...at-to-freedom/
Mental Health Reporting in Oregon | Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
Oregon's mental health system isn't built to help someone teetering between health and illness | OregonLive.com

Your state is rife with abuse

I can't convince idiots to be wise, so I'll stop now.
Well there is lots of reasons to lie when telling a personal story that people can't fact check. I have no reason to trust you or your story.

Also, having laws regarding mental health doesn't mean we are rife with abuse in Oregon, it just means we have laws regarding mental health.

When there is a mass shooting, gun nuts all say don't blame the gun, blame mental illness. Yet when we make it so mentally ill people can't have access to guns, you guys say why are you punishing the mentally ill....it is as if your comments aren't based in reality.

Regardless, if you have a way for me to verify your story, then I will be happy to believe it.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:27 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
"Just the other day at work in downtown, I watched a guy walking down the street talking to his imaginary friend in quite a heated argument. It was clear that man was not mentally sane,..."

Either that, or he was talking on an ear-mounted cell phone. I have seen lots of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies