Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 08:18 AM

17,264 posts, read 11,085,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
Out in farm country. Easy to target by angry white males who listen to fox news.

I have no doubt this is real.
I'm going to park my car in the Ghetto. Easy to target by angry black males who listen to CNN news.
I have no doubt this is real.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:24 AM

52,221 posts, read 33,935,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I will bet 10 to 1 she did it herself.

fakehatecrimes.org
i would not take you up on that bet, odds are still too high in your favor.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:59 AM

77,713 posts, read 59,858,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
A lot of non-blacks think these types of incidents are hoaxes. It would seem a growing number of non-blacks are becoming toxic to black people.
A lot of people think these can possibly be hoaxes and don't just automatically trust that the story is legit.

There have been other races that have made bogus claims of racial incidents as well.

Me personally... It sounds suspicious with the fast go find me money grab but it's possible...don't be in such a rush to believe racial narratives you like...it makes you seem racist.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:21 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,368,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
UM.....Many people have been able to create hoaxes like this to cash in via places like go-fund-me.

One was the gal that got the racist "non-tip" which turned out to be a fraud.

Sure, there are racists in the world but....wow....you just believe this and can't spot the motivation of someone doing this for 100k? Really?

Basically sounds like you are a really good person that just doesn't think the way some people do....which is a good thing....but these hoaxes are just more and more common.

If there is any truth to this, then that makes it even more sad. Yes I come across as tough and strong, always have been. I think underneath, I try and see the good in everyone, part of what my NA NA taught me growing up.

I just would never do anything like this. I can imagine doing this for your 15 min of fame, but this, seems a bit of a stretch, perhaps I still do want to see the good in people.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:24 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,437,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
A lot of non-blacks think these types of incidents are hoaxes. It would seem a growing number of non-blacks are becoming toxic to black people.
Actually, it's the blacks doing such hoaxes that are toxic to blacks.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:27 AM

455 posts, read 281,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Actually, it's the blacks doing such hoaxes that are toxic to blacks.
No its not, because the conservative white male already believes its a hoax, and even if its proven it isn't a hoax they'll still come up with some thinking that she deserved it somehow.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:29 AM

11,533 posts, read 5,589,576 times
fakehatecrimes.org

This is why many of us take everything with a grain of salt and there's plenty of these hoaxes out there. Philando Castile's family has a Go Fund Me Acct, as does his mom, sister and video taking girlfriend. Michael Brown's family had one and then police were called when they had a family fight over how the money would be split. It's hard to believe anything these days.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:29 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,437,111 times
Quote:
No its not, because the conservative white male already believes its a hoax, and even if its proven it isn't a hoax they'll still come up with some thinking that she deserved it somehow.
When "wolf" is being cried over and over with very few wolves ever being present, rational people begin questioning each additional cry. Sheep will believe it every time.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:31 AM

11,533 posts, read 5,589,576 times
Quote:

OK - I'm a Democratic female, who questions the story because of all the false claims just this last year alone. If it did happen - my sympathies are with her and I hope they catch the dirtbag because what he did was vile - but many of us do question because of the ulterior motives of many.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:40 AM

455 posts, read 281,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When "wolf" is being cried over and over with very few wolves ever being present, rational people begin questioning each additional cry. Sheep will believe it every time.

As I said, the conservative white male won't believe it either way so it's irrelevant. If they find the white they did it you'll still find a reason to convince yourself that she was at fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies