Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 01:06 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
With a shottie and a tube you never really run out if you manual feed. I take it you don't know shotguns?

You run out when you run out of ammo. Period. They make speed loaders too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Hs4do69ms
Well, there ya go, then

I was right the first time; all semi-automatics should be taken off the shelves - pistol, rifle shotgun. Clip fed, magazine fed, speed loaders - all gone. Police and military only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 01:08 PM

45,397 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wrong.

Top 5 Best Sellers - Gun List

Breaking out the top five best-selling guns by category

Targeting the facts - America's favorite guns - Pictures - CBS News

Old 07-24-2016, 01:13 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

I was right the first time; all semi-automatics should be taken off the shelves - pistol, rifle shotgun. Clip fed, magazine fed, speed loaders - all gone. Police and military only.
What are you rambling about?
There are countries that already have laws like that if you prefer to live under that type of rule.
This particular country was created with different ideals in mind.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:16 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
They have no way of knowing. Most states don't keep track. I have seen CBS estimates before, they tried to say how many guns are in each state, and it is impossible to know. Go into any gun store, the highest selling is semi-auto handguns and next is semi-auto rifles. I have several friends with FFLs and they can't keep semi-autos in stock.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:26 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Nothing you linked to supports your argument.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:46 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Sure. It was in 2010. How time flies!!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_O...eeway_shootout
Cool, but not a single thing you provided supports what you said....go figure.....

Old 07-24-2016, 02:00 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
It's not even about gun control with the gun control people. It's about CONTROL. That's why they keep coming up with asinine non-solutions to symptoms of larger issues, branding them as "common sense", which they aren't at all. Their version of gun control obviously skirts the real issues that they won't (can't) address without offending criminals, minorities, people whose lives matter, or whoever. It's just a method to control people who aren't politically aligned with their agenda.

All gun control initiatives floated in the past five years or more, have been increasingly stupid renditions of trickle down theory. They conveniently ignore colossal gun control failures like Chicago and DC, and instead focus on hand-picked incidents involving lunatics and psychopaths, then target their initiatives on the people who aren't involved in any way, because they own something that COULD be used against other people. And they claim that it's going to work its way down, eventually. The entire premise is so flawed that it's almost comical. And anyone who believes that it's just about guns, is fooling themselves. It's about control, both individual and as a society. And it's another vector to ban previously legal goods and hopefully create more criminals who refuse to comply.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:05 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Cool, but not a single thing you provided supports what you said....go figure.....
K, no prob. Have a good day!

Old 07-24-2016, 02:46 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
You've deflated that figure by a factor of 10,000. The actual percentage would be 0.18%.
You are correct, my mistake apologies.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:48 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Nothing you linked to supports your argument.
It does mention under the section intended targets were suggested to be the ACLU branch. Some media outlits "suggested" a link to right wing extremism.

Is there a possibility of terrorism by the right? Of course. My thread is about maniacs of all sorts, and how often the cops or government can't stop them.

A couple of things though this guy in the link was already a felon with a history of bank robbing yet was still able to get guns. Any current gun control laws or proposed ones wouldn't have stopped him.

Also it is suggested he was influenced by media or the internet as are so many more terrorists. It seems the 1st amendment fans the flames for violence more than the 2nd amendment does, maybe the 1st and free speech is outdated ? I don't think it is I don't support bans on the 1st but it does show a point how some are quick to demand restrictions on the 2nd while believing the 1st is sacred and should be untouchable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies