Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 12:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Were the folks that attended affiliated with BLM? I can be a member of something - say, the Catholic Church - and be for or against something that the Vatican holds the opposite opinion of.

Whether BLM "leadership" thought it was good or endorsed it can be completely different than what local BLM members think or feel. Right?
It can. But just like when local churches go against the Catholic Church , they are only representing themselves and not the Church.

We have had "community outreach" programs for decades. They have not changed a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 12:24 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The prosecution didn't even try. They are not going to investigate their own outside of rare occasions. That needs changed.

Sure. That or it was a completely legal arrest attempt. I mean, who should I trust - you or the DA from Staten Island?

Cops get indicted, cops go to jail. It's not that rare.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:36 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Maybe you didn't see where I said, "I" wouldn't go. "I" don't support the idea, and "I" would not council anyone else to either.
Yeah I saw.

I also saw all the other BS you spewed.

I also noticed you didn't answer the big question. I didn't expect you would because it would have shown your blatant hypocrisy and the ridiculousness of your rant.

Quote:
They did it under the auspices of BLM. BLM said, no we were not a part of this and it isn't what we want.
Yeah they were pretty vocal about disassociating themselves from a group of BLM who were intermingling with and actually building bridges with the local police.

Wonder why that same fervent rush to disassociate doesn't happen when BLM is throwing rocks at the police and rioting.

Last edited by chadgates; 07-27-2016 at 12:57 PM..

Old 07-27-2016, 12:42 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
It can. But just like when local churches go against the Catholic Church , they are only representing themselves and not the Church.

We have had "community outreach" programs for decades. They have not changed a thing.

Sure, or they're representing their church, and not the Vatican. Exactly my point.

Some BLM folks can support this while "leadership" does not. Happens all the time in nearly every organization.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Sure, or they're representing their church, and not the Vatican. Exactly my point.

Some BLM folks can support this while "leadership" does not. Happens all the time in nearly every organization.
They can.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:06 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Yeah I saw.

I also saw all the other BS you spewed.

I also noticed you didn't answer the big question. I didn't expect you would because it would have shown your blatant hypocrisy and the ridiculousness of your rant.
Angry much over nothing? What is your specific issue with me expressing what I think of the matter? Do you think you are the only person entitled to an opinion?

Please point out the BS I spewed and what your issue with it is. What rant? What issue do you have with it. Are you even capable of pointing it out without referring to something that wasn't even said Billy Budd?

What big question was not answered? Are you asking me to comment on what I think the citizens of Wichita think? What individual members of the BLM movement think? I can't do that, it is up to them to express their thoughts to you. In other words - go ask them. All I can and did say is what "I" think.

Obviously you have issues with BLM, that seems to be your hangup and has nothing to do with anything I wrote. It seems obvious to me to that you have trouble identifying individual thoughts and people from what you think is a monolith of thought. Here's a clue. The world doesn't work like that. You cannot assign a person to a group just because you think they have some common characteristics - and then accuse them of whatever it is that you don't like about that group. It is idiotic and childish to think that way.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 07-27-2016 at 02:06 PM..

Old 07-27-2016, 01:16 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
I wouldn't either.

I'd be damned if I were to go "picnic" with an organization that includes members who have been murdering my family, and sit there passively discussing how we can all "get along" better while they continue to shield the perpetrators and smile in my face. Especially when someone there may have fresh blood on his hands.
Exactly. No reason that our law enforcement should have to put up with a "feel good" meeting with a bunch of thugs and morons that have called for their murder time after time. That have celebrated every time a cop is murdered by one of their own. Or put their lives on the line for these people.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:23 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
So in the view of at least some BLM leaders, trying to improve a relationship is a waste of time?

It seems to me that the BLM organization would actually prefer violent confrontation. More headlines and more attention, right? (This, however, is NOT to say that cases of police brutality should not be well-publicized. I think that LEOs who have engaged in any kind of brutality should be fired, prosecuted and put into jail.)

Old 07-27-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
So in the view of at least some BLM leaders, trying to improve a relationship is a waste of time?
Exactly what reforms were proposed?

Quote:
It seems to me that the BLM organization would actually prefer violent confrontation. More headlines and more attention, right? (This, however, is NOT to say that cases of police brutality should not be well-publicized. I think that LEOs who have engaged in any kind of brutality should be fired, prosecuted and put into jail.)
So you agree with the BLM people but yet you feel the need to condemn them.

Why is that?

Old 07-28-2016, 09:29 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Quote:
Angry much over nothing? What is your specific issue with me expressing what I think of the matter? Do you think you are the only person entitled to an opinion?

Please point out the BS I spewed and what your issue with it is. What rant? What issue do you have with it. Are you even capable of pointing it out without referring to something that wasn't even said Billy Budd?

What big question was not answered? Are you asking me to comment on what I think the citizens of Wichita think? What individual members of the BLM movement think? I can't do that, it is up to them to express their thoughts to you. In other words - go ask them. All I can and did say is what "I" think.

Obviously you have issues with BLM, that seems to be your hangup and has nothing to do with anything I wrote. It seems obvious to me to that you have trouble identifying individual thoughts and people from what you think is a monolith of thought. Here's a clue. The world doesn't work like that. You cannot assign a person to a group just because you think they have some common characteristics - and then accuse them of whatever it is that you don't like about that group. It is idiotic and childish to think that way.
Not angry. Just calling it as I see it.

The BS you spewed was the part I bolded and specifically asked you about. You ignored it.

Let me help remind you.

"Bring out the records for this PD's accusation - I am pretty sure some exist".

To make such an absurd claim absent of any facts is troublesome and does NOTHING to solve the issue at hand. IF THAT IS YOUR INTENTION.

My hangup was spelled out pretty clearly. THIS community and THEIR police department took a first step toward building a better relationship.
WE don't know what kind of relationship they had prior. Neither do the "leaders" of BLM's.
So if the community thought it was a good first step, then BLM leaders shouldn't demean that progress. Pretty simple.

The rest of your post was incoherent at best, so I won't bother responding to the nonsensical gibberish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies