Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 06:02 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times

Advertisements

Massachusetts Attorney General -- Unilaterally Bans Assault Weapons | National Review

I'm still trying to get thru the legalese of the change. It sounds like if you have a rifle that copies that of a banned one it is now illegal. So to me that sounds like any semi auto shotgun and or rifle. So long to hunting rifles and such.

Personally , I think any ammo manufacturer, and any firearms manufacturers that sell and or support the MA police depts. needs to cease all activity to them.

Here is the verbiage :
“Assault weapon”, shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70); (iv) Colt AR-15; (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR and FNC; (vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9 and M-12; (vi) Steyr AUG; (vii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and (viii) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as, or similar to, the Street Sweeper and Striker 12; provided, however, that the term assault weapon shall not include: (i) any of the weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, specified in appendix A to 18 U.S.C. section 922 as appearing in such appendix on September 13, 1994, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1, 1993; (ii) any weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a semiautomatic assault weapon; (iv) any weapon that was manufactured prior to the year 1899; (v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable assault weapon; (vi) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition; or (vii) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 06:07 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Massachusetts Attorney General -- Unilaterally Bans Assault Weapons | National Review

I'm still trying to get thru the legalese of the change. It sounds like if you have a rifle that copies that of a banned one it is now illegal. So to me that sounds like any semi auto shotgun and or rifle. So long to hunting rifles and such.

Personally , I think any ammo manufacturer, and any firearms manufacturers that sell and or support the MA police depts. needs to cease all activity to them.

Here is the verbiage :
“Assault weapon”, shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70); (iv) Colt AR-15; (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR and FNC; (vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9 and M-12; (vi) Steyr AUG; (vii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and (viii) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as, or similar to, the Street Sweeper and Striker 12; provided, however, that the term assault weapon shall not include: (i) any of the weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, specified in appendix A to 18 U.S.C. section 922 as appearing in such appendix on September 13, 1994, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1, 1993; (ii) any weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a semiautomatic assault weapon; (iv) any weapon that was manufactured prior to the year 1899; (v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable assault weapon; (vi) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition; or (vii) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.

.................. Perhaps only in far left, totalitarian states, like Massachusetts.

If there were initiatives to ban semi-autos in the south, midwest, and near west, there would be another American Revolution.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:41 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
Just recall the Attorney general and disbar him for good measure.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:14 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
MA, the birthplace of our nation. How could this happen?

Old 07-21-2016, 07:16 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Fabulous news. Nice to see Mass have some real courage and to see a state standing up to the NRA.

Hopefully many more states will follow, and the U.S. will be a place governed by the people, not by the NRA loons.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:26 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,411,134 times
What's stopping a terrorist from just driving over the Massachusetts border with an Assault Weapon and using it????

Old 07-21-2016, 07:27 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,637,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Fabulous news. Nice to see Mass have some real courage and to see a state standing up to the NRA.

Hopefully many more states will follow, and the U.S. will be a place governed by the people, not by the NRA loons.
I guess it's easier to blame the NRA instead of poverty, drugs, gangs, or mental health.

I'm not an NRA member and I want to reduce gun violence. Even if I waved a magic wand and made the NRA disappear, I'm not foolish enough to think it would help fix mental health, gang problems, etc.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:28 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:

LMAO

We've already got a work around to the fixed mag BS. At least YOU think it's going to take them off the streets. Hilarious.

FABULOUS

Old 07-21-2016, 07:29 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:

What exactly do you think this accomplishes?

Old 07-21-2016, 07:29 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,081,677 times
Leave it up to the M*******s to allow that happen......can't say I am surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies