Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we still accept large amounts of Syrian refugees?
YES, a small percentage of terrorists is worth being politically correct 7 5.11%
NO, we need to take care of the people in America first 130 94.89%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 01:09 PM

1,261 posts, read 950,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
How many did you except into your home? Or were you happy to let your neighbors pick up the tab?

"prudent" lol
I don't know if you know this or not, but it is not legal for a US family to sponsor refugees. Yes, I've looked into it and no, it is not possible. I have, however, donated to organizations that assist Syrian refugees instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 01:09 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Those that believe in Sharia are not compatible with the western lifestyle.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:36 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This country is a diverse country and will always be a diverse country, so get used to it.

The United States is a nation founded and built by immigrants and African Slaves. And that characteristic of our country will never change, and we'll never stop accepting immigrants that need a safe place to live out their dreams.

The United States had a huge hand in creating these immigrants by destabilizing the Middle East and helping to create ISIS.
What do you mean it will never change? US immigration policies have changed before they can be changed again.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:49 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
I don't know if you know this or not, but it is not legal for a US family to sponsor refugees. Yes, I've looked into it and no, it is not possible. I have, however, donated to organizations that assist Syrian refugees instead.
Is this a polite way of saying you have no problem making your neighbor for refugee scheme?

Old 07-25-2016, 02:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Not just no but hell no. I'm pretty disgusted too with the leftist rhetoric that wanting a clampdown on immigration until we can create a more efficient and thorough vetting process is racist or xenophobic. My neighbors to the north and south of me don't tolerate illegal immigration - why should the U.S. be held to a different standard? Why shouldn't WE be the ones to determine what system we will employ?

Old 07-25-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Is this a polite way of saying you have no problem making your neighbor for refugee scheme?
These are just the facts: there is no legal way for my family to sponsor a refugee family and have them stay in our home. I would be open to it. It is not possible, so we give money and time to organizations that are able to sponsor refugees. Luckily, despite how it may appear from reading on city data, there are far more Americans willing to help refugees from Syria than there are Syrian refugees in the US at this point, so many of the organizations end up turning away willing volunteers.

There have been some efforts to change the law in the US to allow private sponsorship of refugees. Those efforts have all failed to date, and the opposition has fallen along partisan lines, with Republicans generally opposing private sponsorship. Canada, on the other hand, has a private sponsorship program that seems to have worked out well to date. It actually usually makes for a smoother transition for refugees when they are paired with a local family and have someone to help them navigate the new culture.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:04 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Well you can advocate to change the law, in the meantime stop voting everyone's money out of their pockets to fund your selfish concern.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Not just no but hell no. I'm pretty disgusted too with the leftist rhetoric that wanting a clampdown on immigration until we can create a more efficient and thorough vetting process is racist or xenophobic. My neighbors to the north and south of me don't tolerate illegal immigration - why should the U.S. be held to a different standard?
Refugee resettlement programs are not equivalent to illegal immigration. And I assume by southern and northern neighbors you mean Canada and Mexico. Canada takes in far more Syrian refugees than the US does (25,000 in the past year alone) and the resettlement program there has been largely successful. Mexico has also pledged to take in the same number of Syrian refugees as the US.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Well you can advocate to change the law, in the meantime stop voting everyone's money out of their pockets to fund your selfish concern.
It was our tax dollars that helped lead to a destabilized Middle East. That cost far, far more than supporting a mere 10,000 refugees.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:13 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,052 times
I think bringing more of the death cult into the USA is a good thing....The world is overpopulated and this is a good way to control overpopulation .....Too many people is causing global warming and having a death cult is a good way to control it and with these guys machine gunning people it will save the planet and also the whales...and elephants and the red spotted cockroach is endangered too and there won't be as many plastic bags on the roads.....with less people, the world will be a better place.....and we can register them democrat......vote Hillary 2016.....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies