Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we still accept large amounts of Syrian refugees?
YES, a small percentage of terrorists is worth being politically correct 7 5.11%
NO, we need to take care of the people in America first 130 94.89%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 03:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Within a single generation?

That's a lie. European immigrants held FIERCELY to their customs, languages and traditions. Denying it is just revisionism on your part.

Not only that, but as Pat Buchanan noted in his book, their nativism (for their mother nations) often put the United States and our foreign policy at odds with our own best interests. The Irish lobby was a great example of this.

BTW...did you even serve this country?
Statistics show that Hispanics are actually assimilating faster than most prior immigrant groups.

I have less problems if the refugees are Shia than if they are Sunni. Sunni Muslims are responsble for most of the terror attacks in the West. Allowing Sunni Muslims in right now is a risk we need not take. Not like we do not have 10s of millions of people wishing to immigrate here. Why take a chance of a bad apple in the bushel?

I've read three of Pat's books. I bet he opposes refugee immigration here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 03:43 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
I'm really shocked by this poll, it seems there are a lot of people in the same boat as me.

If this same poll was conducted a couple months ago, I'm sure it would be around 50/50.

Good news and I hope that means more people will join the Trump or at least anyone besides Hillary.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
In recent times, the greatest influx of refugees happened in the 80's. We have a long way to go to hit the numbers that were resettled back then.

I am opposed to accepting refugees from anywhere until such time the 30's year challenge of illegal immigration is brought to a conclusion. I think 12 million +/- is the equivelent of having given at the office.

30 years of kicking the immigration can has let to right now. It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority.

30 years and only a handful of states have made e-Verify the law for all emoloyers/ employees.

Hundreds of legacy sanctuary cities and in Florida, sanctuary counties.

Obviously, this is more than a federal issue or partisan.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:16 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
A single digit percentage of America city data members that voted for terrorists should be teleported to the front lines.... Then their unsupportable position would change pronto....

Old 07-25-2016, 05:41 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I was on the fence on this issue, but after the recent attacks that continue to plague Europe, I strongly believe we should stop accepting Syrian refugees at this point.
Were we ever in line to actually accept hundreds of thousands or is this more right wing hyperbole?

Last edited by dv1033; 07-25-2016 at 05:49 PM..

Old 07-25-2016, 05:56 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Obama's mission the last 8 years is to help repopulate America's voting class with more immigrants and soon whites will become the minorities.

Every 4 years, minorities have gained population while the whites have stayed the same and some age groups actually dropped due to birth shortage.

If Hillary gambled right, she will have 20% votes of each states which represents minorities. She will only need 1/2 of white votes which will include 80% of white women votes to beat Trump.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
A single digit percentage of America city data members that voted for terrorists should be teleported to the front lines.... Then their unsupportable position would change pronto....
I wonder if Trump's son will go fight the Muslims.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Obama's mission the last 8 years is to help repopulate America's voting class with more immigrants and soon whites will become the minorities.

Every 4 years, minorities have gained population while the whites have stayed the same and some age groups actually dropped due to birth shortage.

If Hillary gambled right, she will have 20% votes of each states which represents minorities. She will only need 1/2 of white votes which will include 80% of white women votes to beat Trump.
Lol.... So what was Bush Jr's mission?

How can people be so naive?

Old 07-25-2016, 06:09 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,375 times
About this poll.

It is heavily favoring a NO answer right now because there have been so many attacks recently. It isn't always like this, there are pauses and breaks. So I think this is an interesting poll and it really shows how crazy things are getting, but at the same time I think lot of these NO answers are flexible. Meaning, if for the next 2 months, nothing happens or things are more peaceful at least, these NO answers will shift to YES.

This is a great forum because I see a good balance of left vs right, authoritarian vs anarchy, etc. It isn't like a site that I use to go to that was all conservative(I am conservative but it was preaching to the choir, we were not debating anything, it was all "yeah I totally agree with you, lets not debate at all).

I encourage the poster to make the same poll after a period of peace, and lets see the difference. Hopefully we will have a period of peace soon, things seem to be really heating up for some reason. It is like all the crazy people in the world got together on Skype and said, "ok lets all go bat poop crazy this summer".

Old 07-25-2016, 06:13 PM

1,261 posts, read 950,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Were we ever in line to actually accept hundreds of thousands or is this more right wing hyperbole?
No, we were not. The goal was 10,000 which obviously isn't close to a hundred thousand, much less hundreds of thousands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies