Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2016, 07:24 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,709,862 times

Advertisements

Whites talk about political correctness because it affects us the most. People with non-white skin can get away with saying just about anything they want.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:59 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
The thing is though...the white supremacists have already taken "white power." Non racists won't be able to get it back for, like decades, probably, minimum.

Black power has not yet been hijacked by black supremacists. Some black supremacists use the term, but it's commonly enough used by non-racists that it doesn't have the sense of hostility that "white power does."

So...go ahead and chant white power. I won't consider you a bad person. I think that's perfectly fair...but from the practical aspect...except every single person to assume you're a white supremacist or KKK member until you explain otherwise.

That's not political correctness that's responsible for that difference for the most part. That's just history.

You should choose another term unless you want to drag the several ton boulder of your decision through an uphill battle.
Well, I didn't use the term white power, nor do I intend to, nor have I ever. But one does have to wonder why the 'straight, white man' is so often the "blame" for any of societies ills. And that's my whole point. It's perfectly acceptable to say all white people are responsible for the large percentage of black Americans living in poverty. And I get it; white people have, historically, been quite awful to black Americans. I'm not disputing that. But why then is it racist to point out that the reason black people are the victims of violent crime so often is because other black people shoot them? Black and black crime is significantly higher than white on black crime. And I'm certainly not saying that there aren't black people who are killed by racists for racist reasons, but I am saying that racism probably isn't the thing black people need to be concerned with at this time.

Does that make sense? There's a contradiction. White people are being other-ized and again, it's not because I feel like a helpless victim that I'm saying this. I don't. But what is happening is actually severely counter productive to causes that I think are genuinely well intentioned, like BLM. As you pointed out, American history favors white people. And this is used as a justification for 'black power.' But if American culture already has a favoritism to white people, treating white people as if they're not a race only makes the cause of BLM harder to achieve. And that's how it's treated. So many think it's impossible to be racist to a white person. The only way that can be true is if white isn't' a race. And by treating the majority demographic as something other than a race, the demographic that has some kind of privilege I'm told, only puts white people in a much more dominant social status. Especially when there is a surprising about of anti-white-heterosexual-male rhetoric. The combination of these two only makes white people more resistant to their cause. In many ways, it's a self defeating prophecy.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:13 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
PC at its core is racist and among its goals is the destruction of the white race...which is why whites bring it up, don't want to be eradicated off the planet as PC's want to do.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:37 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I notice when something racist is said on social media or it general by whites and it gets a lot of backlash, whites then talk about political correctness and not having freedom of speech.

Whites do make it seem like they're the only group "effected" by this so-called political correctness? Aren't non-whites affected by it as well?
You're not actually serious in asking this are you?

The answer is obvious.....

Because whites are the only ones who the "rules" of political correctness apply to.

Whites are the only group that it's not politically incorrect to stereotype and don't automatically receive special dispensations based on their skin color.

(Example: Blacks getting a cultural pass on calling each other the "N-Word")

If you want to end racisim, quit giving entire groups of people the right to be racist based on the amount of melanin in their skin.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:48 AM

3,324 posts, read 2,136,040 times

Old 07-27-2016, 09:08 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Yes, racist words..
Wow. This is so sad. I'm not even joking either.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:40 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why would anyone want that? A book is an inanimate object. I love Mark Twain books...all of them.

Google it some people do. That is what I label PC. A Twain lover myself.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:41 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
What's with the idiotic questions?
We are talking about PC.In my mind people who wish to ban this book are PC.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:00 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
They want to be able to say racist things with impunity.. Not going to happen...

Unlike other races being able to say racist things with impunity?

Old 07-27-2016, 10:07 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
We are talking about PC.In my mind people who wish to ban this book are PC.
Do you apply the same standard when considering the political correctness of the Lost Cause mythology?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies