Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2016, 02:56 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,033,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh no....what did Kanye say this time?
I usually don't listen to the rapper. Occasionally I come across interesting topic and read the comments, it's usually some typical comments by these people.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:58 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,108,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Not that I agree with it, but certainly understand that it is within their 1st amendment rights to do so. Just as it is in the first amendment rights of black people to make racist comments towards whites. It happens on both sides.

You made the statement "Not going to happen". Herein lies an issue that this section of the white population has. If a white person has an opinion (right or wrong) and voices it and it happens to be construed as a racist comment that person will be persecuted by a section of the black community very vocally and sometimes violently. On the other hand, if a black person says something that is considered a racist comment the expectation is that a white person is to keep quiet and stay in their place. More times than not, that is exactly what happens.

Sections of the white population have grown tired of being expected to mute their opinions when other races are allowed full expression with no concerns to repercussion. So there are some who are speaking out.

Largely, if we would ALL keep those opinions to ourselves we would find that the squeaky wheel would quiet down. With no audience, there is no actor. But, as long as someone is willing to entertain the actor they will certainly remain vocal and performing. No fuel = no fire.

I don't see why that is too difficult for some to realize.
Well, honestly I don't care if someone feels muted because it's not socially acceptable to make racist remarks. If someone says something racist to me they're going to get hurt. They can discuss how this is so unfair in their next Noe-Nazi meeting.. And I'll leave it at that...

Last edited by SHABAZZ310; 07-25-2016 at 03:09 PM..

Old 07-25-2016, 03:00 PM

3,860 posts, read 4,247,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Telling the subjective truth is not politically correct, especially when it refers to certain "protected" groups.
Who are you God? The truth ain't always the truth, more a matter of perspective with varying degrees of something that could have true elements, bits or pieces. Only truth I know is empirical science/formulas that have been proven after 1000s of experiments. Everything else is kind of what you want to believe is the truth...now, ain't that "truth' and whole truth.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:10 PM

248 posts, read 193,386 times
The media wants drama. My opinion in a nutshell.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Free speech also means that politicians like Hillary and the media have the freedom to lie.
When you start to believe that only your candidate and party aren't equal participates in hyperbole, "lies" and other relative terms used to get elected/govern you'll never be able to discern when either is going overboard or too far....sort of like that orange person.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:15 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,818,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Telling the subjective truth is not politically correct, especially when it refers to certain "protected" groups.
Often the truth is not told in context with other things that are going on.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post

Sections of the white population have grown tired of being expected to mute their opinions when other races are allowed full expression with no concerns to repercussion. So there are some who are speaking out.

I don't see why that is too difficult for some to realize.
You do but many white folk have been non-PC for so long the adaptation is painful and seems muted. It isn't. That's why the "want their country back" resonates so well, say or do whatever without one iota of thought or concern. I don't necessarily mean individuals but surrogates and other leaders who could convey that subtle message without any concern or blowback. Maybe the pendulum has to swing a bit to far in the PC direction prior to self correction; not there by a long shot.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:24 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,818,152 times
I see the most PC crap in Hollywood. Whenever some white actor accidentally offends a minority the ass kissing apologies are just a moment away.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:25 PM

77,904 posts, read 60,063,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I'm quite serious. A lot of these people will complain about society being too political correct in order to justify their hatred.
You mean like when Shaq made his "ching, chong, chang" comment when asked about Yao Ming?

You wanted to know what white people said about it?

Old 07-25-2016, 03:29 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,723,592 times
White guilt....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies