Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 09:14 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you think having a kid is why they stayed together, especially when she was almost grown during the Monica days?
I think it was part of the reason.

Hillary LOVED Bill. They got married for LOVE. There is NO way she would have ever moved to Arkansas except for Bill. She moved here for love. She married him for love. That he cheated on her and embarrassed her, not once, but repeatedly, didn't stop her from loving him. And she was vested in that marriage. It was her work that really supported them in the beginning. He didn't make much money at the U of A, he didn't make much money as Attorney General of Arkansas, and he didn't make much money as Governor of Arkansas. Her hard work, and her dedication was what kept them afloat.

They complemented one another. He's the social one, the charmer, the outgoing guy, she was shy, introverted. He's the dreamer, she's the practical one, putting together the plan to make his dreams come true. They are both ambitious. He's comfortable with taking risks, she'll take risks if the pay-off is big enough, but she's uncomfortable with risks. They are both very intelligent, comfortable in the world of books and academia, confident in their ability to understand complex problems, and complex solutions. They are both very accomplished, and they trust each other profoundly to support the other, to provide a sounding board, to give the other a different perspective.

Their personalities are very different, their goals are very similar. Bill has hurt Hillary many times, her role in the marriage was to forgive him. She could get angry, she could cry, but in the end, she always forgave him. Many marriages have role assignments like that, and the marriages don't change just because they become high-profile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 09:19 AM

506 posts, read 651,439 times
Nope; it doesn't bother me one bit. Just follow the money and fame and it all makes sense.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:21 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
It doesn't bother me that he cheated on her. That's their business. It bothers me that all these political wives do the same thing when they are publicly embarrassed.

Even worse than Bill/Hillary is HUMA and The Weiner.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:22 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Absolutely NOT. What business is it of mine or anyone else's if a married couple chooses to keep their family together? Trump has been married three times with three families. I am amazed how quickly the evangelicals overlook that to attack the Clintons for choosing to keep their family together. And if Trump had chosen Newt who has also been married three times, they would have been fine with that as well. The Clintons have one child, one family and while they have had challenges, that is their business and they chose to keep their family together. Evangelicals are so unbelievably hypocritical.
This.

Their marriage, their business.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:47 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would never vote for a candidate based on their bedroom habits, but I still lost all respect for her. that is my point. It isn't just the affairs, yes, women to put up with multiple affairs; it has happened more than once in the white house, but it is the entire situation that bothers me and I doubt there is any love lost between them, if there ever was any love.

My problem is the "in your face" affairs: the knowing Monica was an intern and they affair taking place in the oral office. Then Hillary telling us, this is all a right wing conspiracy. Her whole reaction affected my opinion of her.

At least, in the case of Newt and Donald, their Xs walked away from the cheaters.

As for this being an issue addressed by the Republicans, it will not even be mentioned unless the left wing traps someone into making it an issue. Obviously Trump isn't the white knight or the God of morals.
Why be so judgmental? None of the presidents who ever had affairs let their love life mess with their job.
Most affairs don't cause any interference with the job when it comes to men. It's always the woman who ends up suffering.

And it 'wasn't in your face' until Linda Tripp made it public for her own reasons, which were pretty damned scurrilous. Many other secretaries have done this too, in and out of the White House. And every single one of them ended up being whacked in some way for the nosiness, including Tripp.

You don't know what any of them knew or didn't. None of us know anything but what Tripp said.

You just didn't like Bill Clinton, so you lept to some phony righteousness. It was the scandal you wanted. Did you condemn New Gingrich and Bob Livingston like this? Have you condemned Denny Hastert, the last gasp for a Speaker after the other two were as scandalized? After all, Hastert was the only criminal in the bunch.

All the others did nothing illegal. Scandal has a way of wiping out both those who did it and those who went after them equally. And sexual hanky-panky in Washington has always been widespread and common. We both could come up with a long list of those folks in both parties, going for as far back as wanted.

Personally, I think all this is very stupid, considering the Republican nominee's personal sexual history. Hillary's part in an old scandal is nothing but well-hashed ancient history. If someone goes digging for Trump's rumored sex life, it will all be fresh and fill the headlines.

Considering all the other problems your guy has, maybe it's best to leave old bones lie in peace. Once the digging starts for fresher bones, you know it won't stop. And none will show Trump as a victim.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:01 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It doesn't bother me that he cheated on her. That's their business. It bothers me that all these political wives do the same thing when they are publicly embarrassed.

Even worse than Bill/Hillary is HUMA and The Weiner.
Wait a minute.Why are you offended when a humiliated wife left her husband? It's that just as much their business too? So why are you going after a personal assistant? Huma wasn't a public person. She held no political office. Lots of Washington wives have their own careers these days in both parties, and many of those jobs are as staff for something political. No big deal.

Political wives are just like any other woman. What they decide to do or not is exactly the same as Sue and Danny down the street when it comes to infidelity. You just don't like Democrats, so you pick and choose what offends you or not. Woo hoo... big deal.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:10 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Go figure, she claims to be an advocate for women, but is an enabler of a serial cheating husband, she is nothing but a fraud.
Based on this criteria, nearly every male politician is a fraud.
Why is this just a big deal now?

Old 07-25-2016, 11:35 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
No, it does not "bother" me at all.
It is, after all, none of my business WHAT she does in her personal relationships.
It does, however, lessen my respect for her.
But, in the final analysis, SHE married him,SHE chose to live with him (even after his earlier affairs), SHE gets to reap the rewards of what she sowed.
I really don't care.
But I still won't vote for her, and I did not vote for Bill.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:40 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I wonder why she would stay with a man who publicly embarrassed her in front of the entire world. Was there a hidden reason why she stayed maybe something would come out she didn't want out if she had a public divorce?
No. Mind your business and get your own house in order.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:41 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I wonder why she would stay with a man who publicly embarrassed her in front of the entire world. Was there a hidden reason why she stayed maybe something would come out she didn't want out if she had a public divorce?
No, it does not bother me personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies