Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 11:09 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I was not American at that time, and yes, I care about the Western civilization.
I've been to Germany twice and I'm under the belief that they can determine their own policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 11:15 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I see now. If you don't know about white nationalism go ahead and read the below link. I didn't make up the phrase but I know the definition...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_nationalism
Can we please not make this another "blame the white" thread? It has nothing to do with white people.

Turkish border guards kill 11 after 'firing indiscriminately' at Syrian refugees. Obviously, these refugees cannot even find comfort from their own neighbor countries.

I have absolutely no problems with Muslims or refugees, I wish I can personally help, but I'd rather do it through charity.

What happens when physical and emotional battlefields converge in a land whose people have been eking out an existence amid unending violence for generations? In such war-wrecked countries, the trademark symptoms of individual war trauma--depression, anguish, and hyperaggression--leave whole populations envenomed with sectarian and ethnic mistrust, and with the certainty that only violence can end violence.

so it is possible that the whole country suffers from PTSD.

Mentally ill people and terrorists kill indiscriminately, white, black, all the same. We are all in this together.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:28 AM

105 posts, read 90,782 times
America should accept German refugees and not Syrian or other people who pretend to be refugees.
It German refugees come to America, I'll definitely welcome them.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:40 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Islamophilic Democrats still want to bring in snakes and release them on American people. All just for a bunch of votes. Pathetic!
Divide and distract us while they pad their wallets. Not going to work for too long more.

Just the imagine the convenient mess. The refugees come to us , they begin raping , the cops are powerless as when they try to intervene, the MSM get involved, headlines of refugee abuse, Dems play protector and promise to ward off the bullies. GOP incensed by Dems pandering. We all start shouting at each other.

Meanwhile Ahmed and his wily gang are laughing at these stupid Americans.

"It is only so true what my father and grandfather said before about the Americans , they are the idiots of the World. For it is now, I am looking forward to Khalil my cousin coming over. He has the nose of a desert rat and can sniff out a virgin to rape from a mile off. "

Old 07-25-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Can we please not make this another "blame the white" thread? It has nothing to do with white people.

Turkish border guards kill 11 after 'firing indiscriminately' at Syrian refugees. Obviously, these refugees cannot even find comfort from their own neighbor countries.

I have absolutely no problems with Muslims or refugees, I wish I can personally help, but I'd rather do it through charity.

What happens when physical and emotional battlefields converge in a land whose people have been eking out an existence amid unending violence for generations? In such war-wrecked countries, the trademark symptoms of individual war trauma--depression, anguish, and hyperaggression--leave whole populations envenomed with sectarian and ethnic mistrust, and with the certainty that only violence can end violence.

so it is possible that the whole country suffers from PTSD.

Mentally ill people and terrorists kill indiscriminately, white, black, all the same. We are all in this together.
I don't turn threads into "blame the white" threads. I respond to misinformation and in this case was responding to another poster's statement...

Old 07-25-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I don't turn threads into "blame the white" threads. I respond to misinformation and in this case was responding to another poster's statement...
ok

-----------------------

Compared with research into the effects of conflict on U.S. war veterans, studies of combat trauma among civilians are few. But there is a growing understanding among medical scientists and conflict experts that the emotional toll of war on noncombatants is more significant than had been assumed.

During World War I, when military physicians described soldiers' traumatic reactions to war as "shell shock," about nine out of 10 war casualties were fighters. But after nearly 50 years of the Cold War and more than 10 years of the war on terror, the way we wage war is more personal. Terrorism battlefields recognize no front lines. Vicious sectarian rampages pit neighbor against neighbor. Victims of genocidal campaigns often know their attackers by name.

So it is possible that the entire country suffers from PTSD. Do we really want to import these people? Help them through charity or something.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyjobs View Post
America should accept German refugees and not Syrian or other people who pretend to be refugees.
It German refugees come to America, I'll definitely welcome them.
So now we are getting to the truth of conservative opposition to refugees. They're not European...

I wish you conservatives would just tell the truth from the start..

Old 07-25-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
ok

-----------------------

Compared with research into the effects of conflict on U.S. war veterans, studies of combat trauma among civilians are few. But there is a growing understanding among medical scientists and conflict experts that the emotional toll of war on noncombatants is more significant than had been assumed.

During World War I, when military physicians described soldiers' traumatic reactions to war as "shell shock," about nine out of 10 war casualties were fighters. But after nearly 50 years of the Cold War and more than 10 years of the war on terror, the way we wage war is more personal. Terrorism battlefields recognize no front lines. Vicious sectarian rampages pit neighbor against neighbor. Victims of genocidal campaigns often know their attackers by name.

So it is possible that the entire country suffers from PTSD. Do we really want to import these people? Help them through charity or something.
I doubt it. Most noncombatants just want out of harm's way. In any given conflict a minority of the population are engaged in fighting. The rest are just women, children and people just wanting to live their lives...

Old 07-25-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I doubt it. Most noncombatants just want out of harm's way. In any given conflict a minority of the population are engaged in fighting. The rest are just women, children and people just wanting to live their lives...
I respect your opinion, but I do believe it is possible that the entire country suffers from PTSD to a certain degree.

Communal psychological wounds--what medical anthropologist Arthur Kleinman has called "social suffering"--permeate the lives of survivors scraping by in unimaginable poverty amid collapsed infrastructure, the common afterbirth of modern combat. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, between 30 and 70 percent of people who have lived in war zones bear the scars of post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.

There is no doubt in my mind that European country like Germany has refugee crisis. My half family in Germany are very loving kind people, they are all white if this matters. They had no problems with anybody, Turkish, Vietnamese people, whatever, they have no issues with any of them. But now, they all have their concerns.

What a lot of the discussion around limits and controls for asylum and immigration completely ignores is the scale of the migration which has set in.

If German are intelligent about it, they will try some form of regulation to ensure that they are not swamped. For example, most of the refugees from certain countries (especially those people without documents) will not be granted asylum and will be forced to return.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I respect your opinion, but I do believe it is possible that the entire country suffers from PTSD to a certain degree.

Communal psychological wounds--what medical anthropologist Arthur Kleinman has called "social suffering"--permeate the lives of survivors scraping by in unimaginable poverty amid collapsed infrastructure, the common afterbirth of modern combat. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, between 30 and 70 percent of people who have lived in war zones bear the scars of post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.

There is no doubt in my mind that European country like Germany has refugee crisis. My half family in Germany are very loving kind people, they are all white if this matters. They had no problems with anybody, Turkish, Vietnamese people, whatever, they have no issues with any of them. But now, they all have their concerns.

What a lot of the discussion around limits and controls for asylum and immigration completely ignores is the scale of the migration which has set in.

If German are intelligent about it, they will try some form of regulation to ensure that they are not swamped. For example, most of the refugees from certain countries (especially those people without documents) will not be granted asylum and will be forced to return.
PTSD is not exclusive to war zones but there is a probability that many Syrian citizens have physiological wounds. The question is, are these physiological wounds so monumental that the majority of the population can’t assimilate into regular life? I don’t think this is the case. I’ve known people from both Iraq and the Congo that assimilated into the US despite all that they have witnessed and gone through. Anytime you paint with a broad brush the end result is an inaccurate and distorted picture.

As for the refugee crisis in Germany, I don’t have a problem with Germans discussing or implementing solutions for their country. I take issue with conservative Americans believing they know what’s best for Germany from their entrenched ideological silos here in America. They don’t even know what’s best for American immigration. They’ve had the white house and congress multiple times throughout the last 50 years and they implemented nothing to fix the issues here. Why should we believe that they know what’s best for German immigration?

There’s a large segment of the US population that is strictly against multiculturalism. It is the same types that were against freeing the slaves, against civil rights, against integration, against voting rights, and guess what they’re against now? You betcha..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies