Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 02:32 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times

Advertisements

This goes on and on at this group. Did anyone ever think all the work these people do that YOU and ME do not want to do.

For starters, picking produce in the ag fields of our country. And many die from heat stroke and horrible back issues and knee issues from being in the ground picking OUR FOODS.

Our landscaper/gardner works around our bldg twice a week and does me favors and I will give him a little cash now and then, which he refuses but I push it in his pocket. He is the best person and never a complaint.

Then, just talking to my neighbor who has to be in a rehab facility now going on a month as she fell and broke her shoulder. Who do you think works around the clock in those facilities, people from so many parts of the world...doing so much dirty work that WE do not want to do. Cleaning up s**t, changing adult diapers, helping people walk....You want to do this kind of work?

Then there are a ones who are hired to clean houes, clean toilets, take care of children.

Stop and think about this all you spoiled americans and STOP the bashing. Be thankful when you spend your unemployment and welfare checks and spend your food stamps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 02:34 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,952 times
no generalizations in this post....

Old 07-25-2016, 02:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This goes on and on at this group. Did anyone ever think all the work these people do that YOU and ME do not want to do.

For starters, picking produce in the ag fields of our country. And many die from heat stroke and horrible back issues and knee issues from being in the ground picking OUR FOODS.

Our landscaper/gardner works around our bldg twice a week and does me favors and I will give him a little cash now and then, which he refuses but I push it in his pocket. He is the best person and never a complaint.

Then, just talking to my neighbor who has to be in a rehab facility now going on a month as she fell and broke her shoulder. Who do you think works around the clock in those facilities, people from so many parts of the world...doing so much dirty work that WE do not want to do. Cleaning up s**t, changing adult diapers, helping people walk....You want to do this kind of work?

Then there are a ones who are hired to clean houes, clean toilets, take care of children.

Stop and think about this all you spoiled americans and STOP the bashing. Be thankful when you spend your unemployment and welfare checks and spend your food stamps.
Let me tell you what else they do... they go to the cantina and drink... drive cars with no license and no insurance... crash into someone else and literally just walk away. I have seen the accidents... I have chased down one who did this. That's what I think about.

They soak up resources that could be used for American citizens that need help, education, and other resources. That's what I think about. And these are the decent people...

There is a legal way to do things. No one wants to deny them an opportunity to work and earn a living. However, there are not two sets of laws in this country.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:47 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,105 times
Nice try!! Remember, THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY!!!! Get your citizen papers, become an American and speak ENGLISH!!!!

Old 07-25-2016, 02:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:

wow, so you see these people house cleaners who clean toilets and clean up sh*t? That's all you see then as? I see them as much more but they still have to come her "legally".

Old 07-25-2016, 02:53 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Buzz off

Report: More than half of immigrants on welfare
More than half of the nation's immigrants receive some kind of government welfare, a figure that's far higher than the native-born population's, according to a report to be released Wednesday.

This nation of immigrants used to have people make it or go back home. So I am tired of the lecture on my insensitivity.

oh and yeah, lot of rapists come with it , just like Trump said .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5806972.html

According to a stunning Fusion investigation, 80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That’s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report.

Facts are just so racist apparently.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:53 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Illegal is illegal.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:58 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:

Have you ever seen that Discovery Channel show "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe? He does some of the nastiest jobs that Americans do.

Each show the people who normally do those nasty jobs are teaching him how to do them. I think I saw one or two times where non-Americans were showing him their jobs, 95% of the time the jobs he does are being done by Americans.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Stop bashing people who have lost jobs to illegals. These are jobs they absolutely want to do!!!

Tens of thousands of construction jobs have been lost to undercutting crews. YOU have no clue what the truth is because it hasn't effected YOU, so when you say "work these people do that YOU and ME do not want to do" you are speaking about you, not everyone.

I lost my business of 30 years to undercutting crews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Have you ever seen that Discovery Channel show "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe? He does some of the nastiest jobs that Americans do.

Each show the people who normally do those nasty jobs are teaching him how to do them. I think I saw one or two times where non-Americans were showing him their jobs, 95% of the time the jobs he does are being done by Americans.
This person is ignorant of facts. Sure, maybe most Americans don't want to pick fruit, but that is a myopic view AND a stereotype to believe illegals only take such jobs.

This ridiculous meme these people believe and constantly parrot is mind numbingly ignorant.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
If in our country as a refugee, they should respect our laws.

Feds step up deportation of Somalis in trouble in Minnesota - StarTribune.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies