Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 12:30 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatpenny View Post
Overturning Citizens United, keeping a balanced Supreme Court are bad things?
Yes.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:19 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Never paid that much attention to Sanders. I had a few friends that were going to vote for him. And with his endorsement of Hillary today, sent them over the edge.
They are pissed off, and feel that he is a sell out to all his supporters and the effort they put into supporting him. Went down the drain. I don't know, hardly paid attention to him, I can only go by what they tell me and they are not supporting Clinton.

They were passionate about him, and feel betrayed. One guy now thinks this was part of the bigger plan what ever that means.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:53 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
He sold his people out, typical politician. But they still have a viable dream and the gumption to fight for it, they just need to go outside the political system to find someone to represent it.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:53 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
I think out of all the candidates, he probably has the most integrity - just in who he is and how he lives, and the whole presentation.

His solutions simply will not work.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:10 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times
Yep, he caved in to Old Pantsuit and folded like a house of cards, didn't he?

I am no fan of either of them, although I think Bernie is a likeable but still nutty little guy whose answers would have never worked, but I am still very disappointed at the way that he just rolled over and kissed Hillary's rump like he did, especially after the leaked emails revealed that she and her DNC cronies just considered him a harmless, laughable old fart. Shows he has absolutely no backbone.

People ridiculed and chastised Ted Cruz for not coming out and endorsing Trump, but at least he stood on his principles and refused to buckle under to the party brass. It takes guts to do that. What Bernie did took nothing. He is a wimp.

Bernie also sounds like the angry, talking tree in "The Wizard of Oz"...(grating voice yeling, "Ah you saying dat my apples ahn't what dey oughtta be?"...you know what I'm talking about, lol), so as a PP pointed out, that is perhaps the only reason why we should be glad that Pantsuit steamrolled him. At least now we don't have to listen to that voice for the next four years.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Most of Bernie's intentions, like all candidates', require Congress to act and fund.

Even when POTUS and majority of Congress are aligned by party, there is no certainty they will play ball.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:28 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,902,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Yep, he caved in to Old Pantsuit and folded like a house of cards, didn't he?

I am no fan of either of them, although I think Bernie is a likeable but still nutty little guy whose answers would have never worked, but I am still very disappointed at the way that he just rolled over and kissed Hillary's rump like he did, especially after the leaked emails revealed that she and her DNC cronies just considered him a harmless, laughable old fart. Shows he has absolutely no backbone.

People ridiculed and chastised Ted Cruz for not coming out and endorsing Trump, but at least he stood on his principles and refused to buckle under to the party brass. It takes guts to do that. What Bernie did took nothing. He is a wimp.

Bernie also sounds like the angry, talking tree in "The Wizard of Oz"...(grating voice yeling, "Ah you saying dat my apples ahn't what dey oughtta be?"...you know what I'm talking about, lol), so as a PP pointed out, that is perhaps the only reason why we should be glad that Pantsuit steamrolled him. At least now we don't have to listen to that voice for the next four years.
Would he have gained anything if he withheld his endorsement? I don't see how that would've done him any good.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:29 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Bernie was just a token Candidate. His contributors should demand a refund.

The Boos will be tremendous when Hillary finally takes the stage.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:58 AM

15,060 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatpenny View Post
Overturning Citizens United, keeping a balanced Supreme Court are bad things?
If you lefties simply examined the beliefs of these anti-American, anti-Constitution leftists on the Supreme Court, like Sotomeyer, Kagen and Ginsburg, you'd understand why we CANNOT ALLOW any further additions of these domestic enemies.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:03 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,031 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies