Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 06:01 PM

1,548 posts, read 912,527 times

Advertisements

"Ugly black *****" isn't racist. Now if she'd written "Ugly, Gorilla, She-Boon" I would've questioned it. Somewhat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 06:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Calling a black person a "black b", could be racist. Could be.

And the woman being discussed could be black, for all I know. I read the article but didn't see a photo and went no further.

But when used in a way that is derogatory, rather than complimentary, mentioning race can indicate the person is racist. Otherwise, why mention race at all?

Not to mention, calling the first lady a B can offend people, too.

Having a public profile on social media and posting that kind of thing demonstrates a lack of common sense, as I posted earlier.

Is it fair that she lost her job over something that has nothing to do with the job? Well....once someone alerted management to it, it became about the job.

Businesses care about their bottom line, and the thinking is that once you make something public for all to see, you cannot unring the bell if someone gets hold of something you've posted that could put them in a bad light.

You may not like it, but that's the way things are.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:09 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,193,944 times
Cry me a river. Actions, including "speech", have consequences. If this woman was so stupid as to post crap on FB that was offensive after all the publicity about FB posts being viewed by employers, then she deserves to be fired just for her stupidity.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I don't get the need to blab about everything on social media, anyway. But I have ZERO respect, also, for the beech (of whatever color) who thought she was Columbo, and made it her lofty mission to identify the poster and get her fired.

That said, you pay for your thrills. Remember the obnoxious guy who filmed his rant directed at a Chik- Fil-a drive-thru employee, then posted it on FB? When his boss saw how he berated and attempted to humiliate that poor kid, he lost his $200K/yr job--and he, his wife, and four kids were on food stamps. He found another job for the same salary and, when they found out who he was, they fired him, too.

Oh well.
Do you have a link for that Chik Fil A story? I never heard about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Oh, now if you even MENTION someone's race it is racist....you people are utterly hilarious. Okay, keep me posted on the definition of racism as it evolves today to mean anything the "race hustlers" wants it to mean on that particular day.

People need to get a life. We are all human beings. "Race" and "racism" are obsessions only for racists...
Again, she said something on social media that she wouldn't (and you wouldn't either) say to a black person about another black person.

That should tell you all you need to know. It was racist, mean, and nasty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Really, adults need to stay of social media, especially if it's a public page with their name & personal info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The bank had every right to fire her, IMHO, because employers should be able to terminate employees for practically any reason.

That being said, when did calling a black person black become racist?

She insulted her with the b term, but that's about it.
Same thing needs to be told to you apparently...

She said something about a black person that she wouldn't say to another black person, and neither would you. And why wouldn't you tell me that another random black woman is a black *****?

Because you know that would cause a major issue that would have to end in an apology, and the only alternative to that is you having to kick my ass because you DIDN'T apologize. There could be no other resolution.

So let's not pretend that this is something as simple as calling a black person black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
"Ugly black *****" isn't racist. Now if she'd written "Ugly, Gorilla, She-Boon" I would've questioned it. Somewhat.
No, you wouldn't have questioned it at all.

But at the same time, you wouldn't say it unless you were in sure company. Extremely sure company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Cry me a river. Actions, including "speech", have consequences. If this woman was so stupid as to post crap on FB that was offensive after all the publicity about FB posts being viewed by employers, then she deserves to be fired just for her stupidity.
You got that right. I don't know what's wrong with some of these silly posters.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:56 PM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
I would like to see her say it to Mrs. O. Face- let's see how that would go

Old 07-27-2016, 07:08 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
I'm trying to find the inaccuracy in the statement. She is ugly, she is black, and she is a b***h.

What's the problem? The order of the description?

Old 07-27-2016, 07:12 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
One great thing about social media, it allows a paper trail of peoples ugly, racist remarks. Glad they got this hag.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:14 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm trying to find the inaccuracy in the statement. She is ugly, she is black, and she is a b***h.

Post it up on your Facebook account then. Considering you live in a trailer in the woods, no one will care, but if you held a position of responsibility in your position at work, you could get called out on it and lose that position.

Something you clearly don't have to worry about.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

I'm no Obama fan, but she isn't ugly and I've seen no signs that she's a B.

I wish people would keep the wives out of the hate - they really aren't in a position of any real consequence.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:19 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
For all the loons who think "racism" permeates everything in the universe...

racism:

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

The remark was about an individual who was ugly and black. It didn't say that she was ugly because she was black. See the difference?

Curiously, I don't know why ***** is blocked...

A ***** is just a female dog, wolf, fox, or otter.
Quite correct. But a certain segment of the population will shriek racism whenever the word black is used. Especially the (B)owe(L) (M)ovement idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies