Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 12:18 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Godwin's in one - good job!
It is impressive.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:39 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,771,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Could't you say the same about Trump?
I'll put it to you another way. Trump is willing to answer spontaneously questions from the media both friendly, most unfriendly. Whens the last time Hillary did that?

Anyone can give a speech with a teleprompter and get a rise out of the crowd. Only Hillary is unwilling to answer questions spontaneously.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Obama is a good speaker. He controls the tone and tailors his messages. He's probably the best speaker we've had for a president in a long time.. I wouldn't compare his style to Hitler, that's going a little too far...
No, not really. Tune into the history channel and listen to Hitler give a speech, then listen to Obama. You'll see the same build up to the frenzy, the tactic is to whipped the crowd into a frenzy, getting them high on him.

So how many criers were in the crowd tonight?

Last edited by petch751; 07-28-2016 at 01:00 AM..

Old 07-28-2016, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
I don't understand why Americans are so obsessed with speech. I watched RNC and DNC, and most speeches radicalize the opponent, cherry pick their own experience, and make emotional, illogical assumptions. If such a person does that in my real life, I would refuse to be his friend.

I found the best colleagues of mine (in terms of job performance) do not talk much and usually do not impose their idea on others. American culture lets big mouths take advantage of others and values verbal skill way too much.
I agree. A crowd friendly to the politician gathers while the politician goal is to solidify their allegiance while demonizing the opponent. Being interviewed by a friendly media personality is not any better. Politicians want our vote and they'll spew the political sales pitches but of the three I'm more impressed with a politician who can stand before an unfriendly crowd and answer spontaneous questions.

I've seen Trump do this but yet to see Hillary do it. Why won't she is what we should ask.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:48 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,717,716 times
Here's obama's speech after the Orlando attack, just watch this video with the sound off and analyze and concentrate on his facial expressions, attitude and anger.

Than watch his speech from today at the convention....you know, with the sound off, and look at the anger and passion in his face, he looks a lot more mad than he did when speaking about the 'unacceptable tragedy'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RrCJascjdo

Old 07-28-2016, 12:55 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,489,582 times
Quote:
I don't understand why Americans are so obsessed with speech. I watched RNC and DNC, and most speeches radicalize the opponent, cherry pick their own experience, and make emotional, illogical assumptions. If such a person does that in my real life, I would refuse to be his friend.

I found the best colleagues of mine (in terms of job performance) do not talk much and usually do not impose their idea on others. American culture lets big mouths take advantage of others and values verbal skill way too much.
Interesting . Perhaps this is an American thing . I've only lived in America, but it does seem like some cultures aren't as loud and would perhaps be called more reserved .
Americans have the reputation of being loud mouths.

When I heard Bill Clinton speaking yesterday I thought if he weren't a politician he would of likely been some type of super highly paid salesman . That's basically what they are , salesmen or saleswomen .
Instead of selling a product or service they are selling ideas .

Old 07-28-2016, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
He faced unprecedented obstruction so he couldn't get many priorities done. One thing is for sure though, he will go down in history as a transformative figure. He will mark a positive turning point in American culture and trajectory.
You can't elect a dictator but it seems you expected Obama would get his way with everything otherwise in your mind he was obstructed. "Believe it or not" ... not everyone agreed with his agenda and when we didn't agree with something he wanted to do we are thankful that we have system that does not allow dictator powers. If someone you don't agree with is in power you'll be thankful for the system too.

Obviously Americans don't understand how our government is set up.

Last edited by petch751; 07-28-2016 at 01:05 AM..

Old 07-28-2016, 01:08 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,051,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Interesting . Perhaps this is an American thing . I've only lived in America, but it does seem like some cultures aren't as loud and would perhaps be called more reserved .

When I heard Bill Clinton speaking yesterday I thought if he weren't a politician he would of likely been some type of super highly paid salesman . That's basically what they are , salesmen or saleswomen .
Maybe it has something to do with the tradition of Christianity?
I'm not religious but I went to church a few times. Some pastors behave like politicians. The one in my local church is very articulate, good looking, and is able to attract a lot of followers. He also knows how to make personal connections. For example he often tells stories about his "adopted children".

But I can't bear listening to him because everything he said is ridiculous to me.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:10 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

Several years ago I worked with a woman who met Bill Clinton. She said she was not prepared for how magnetic he was. She wasn't a supporter but said she totally understood why so many women were attracted to him.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:14 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,489,582 times
Quote:
Maybe it has something to do with the tradition of Christianity?
I'm not religious but I went to church a few times. Some pastors behave like politicians. The one in my local church is very articulate, good looking, and is able to attract a lot of followers. He also knows how to make personal connections. For example he often tells stories about his "adopted children".

But I can't bear listening to him because everything he said is ridiculous to me.
Yes it could be for sure . Obama has a certain " preacher" style of speaking . Some of the famous speeches when he was running for President and the one he made tonight .
This speech definitely reminded me of when he was running. He used a lot of the same phrases too like " Yes we can "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies