Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 11:27 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Apparently they're blind to the racism being exhibited or excusing it away. I can't explain the behavior of loonies on the left.
There is quite a bit of 'white guilt' today. The media and certain groups are constantly telling white people that they should feel guilty for being born white.

This is a recent example
White Boy Privilege Poem, Royce Mann

CNN and other media outlets also covered this and praised this boy for 'shedding light' on the topic of white privilege ,blah blah.

I looked him up and discovered that he is actually an actor , with a pretty lengthy IMDB profile

Something the media didn't disclose...I'm sure they knew this fact..but didn't disclose it.

Royce Mann - IMDb

It's important because he's not just a 14 year boy, but rather someone trying to exploit this 'hot button' issue for commercial reasons to further his career and for monetary gain.
Most likely he didn't even conceive of this idea and was probably put up to hit by his agent ,manager or parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 04:44 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
At the DNC BLM was a disruptive presence "shouting black lives matter" but at the RNC part of the program was the shout "lock her up. "
Do BLM'ers have a clue as to what "moment of silence" means or is it over their heads?

Old 07-30-2016, 09:16 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
There is quite a bit of 'white guilt' today. The media and certain groups are constantly telling white people that they should feel guilty for being born white.

This is a recent example

CNN and other media outlets also covered this and praised this boy for 'shedding light' on the topic of white privilege ,blah blah.

I looked him up and discovered that he is actually an actor , with a pretty lengthy IMDB profile

Something the media didn't disclose...I'm sure they knew this fact..but didn't disclose it.

Royce Mann - IMDb

It's important because he's not just a 14 year boy, but rather someone trying to exploit this 'hot button' issue for commercial reasons to further his career and for monetary gain.
Most likely he didn't even conceive of this idea and was probably put up to hit by his agent ,manager or parents.
Well, as I've been trying to point out here, there is such a thing as black privilege, as well, so when everyone on both sides starts feeling guilty, perhaps I'll join them.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:10 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

This is a recent example

Royce Mann - IMDb

Most likely he didn't even conceive of this idea and was probably put up to it by his agent, manager or parents.
Without a doubt. His father is a professional storyteller, hence the teen's IMDB profile. Note that they are all low budget horror type movies. Ryan is listed as producer, director, etc. on several.

Old 07-30-2016, 01:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Without a doubt. His father is a professional storyteller, hence the teen's IMDB profile. Note that they are all low budget horror type movies. Ryan is listed as producer, director, etc. on several.
Well, there ya go! He's a special snowflake enjoying class privilege.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
From Royce Mann facebook page... They are probably laughing about how they got CNN and other media to pickup the story and NOT mention that the kid is an actor. No doubt most people would view it differently if they knew the kid was an actor looking to further his career versus some random 14 year old kid at a school.

___

"(a Mom note) Royce and I are enjoying the ATL Film Fest this year. One of the highlights was yesterday, when, on his first official day of Spring Break, he won First Place for the 2016 Pitch-O-Rama, and as the MC said to the sizable crowd and jury, "Grand Champion, and I'm sure you all already know it... Royce Mann!". At age 14, he beat out approx. a dozen adult competitors (including me) with his 90-second pitch of his feature film idea. He now has a high-profile mentor (a Jury member), the prize of an upcoming week at Screenwriter Class by the uber-talented/respected Michael Lucker and a Hollywood connection (Jury member) who offers any help needed and says they'll make sure it "gets read". Basically, as several said, he stole the show. "

Old 07-31-2016, 11:47 AM

It's funny how when you look at these 'stories' from the left wing. When you dig deeper, whether it's this story or the whole Black Lives Matter thing, you see that the reality is very different from the 'story'.

"Hands up ! Don't Shoot!" turned out to be a lie.
BLM has turned out not to be a peaceful group for equality, but one in which is actually racist with many members encouraging segregation and/or attacks on whites.

Here is a BET article trying to justify the blatant BLM racism...nuts!

Watch: The Story Behind This #BLM Organizer Telling White People to 'Get to the Back' of DNC Protest

Old 07-31-2016, 12:07 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
So what was reported by Fox news (and I have not seen video evidence that this actually occurred, just this "insider's" report) as scattered shouts of "black lives matter" during a moment of silence at the DNC meant to show respect for law enforcement and the fallen officers, and that the same insider reports were actually "waved off" by other attendees of the convention means that the Democratic Party is the party of hate and lawlessness. But Donald Trump's beyond-the-pale comments about everything from Megyn Kelly to Carly Fiorina to Muslims, Mexicans, speakers at the DNC who he wants to "hit," to his outrageous comments disrespecting the parents of a fallen soldier who criticized him are not hateful at all? The hypocrisy on this forum is beyond belief. I thought Trump loved veterans! But he has no problem saying awful things about the parents of a fallen American soldier who criticized him in order to suggest that they are actually un-American because clearly their Muslim faith = a repressed and obedient wife who is not allowed to speak. It actually is perfectly consistent with the contempt Trump has shown to those who have served their country in the armed forces, as exempified by his statement about John McCain. Meanwhile, Trump has served no one but himself, as he has used bankruptcy laws to shield himself from his own bad business decisions and have tax payers foot the bill for them instead.

He also wants American soldiers to commit atrocities by murdering the families of ISIS members — a violation of every international law and convention that the US is a party to, even though Trump is supposedly the "law and order" candidate — and legalize torture for detainees captured on battlefields. So apparently the members of this forum only respect certain kinds of law and order & certain American values. Certain kinds of hatred are just fine.

I see far more hatred coming from Trump's supporters than anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies