Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 08:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Don't get me wrong, I support your right...."

I don't agree with the SC ruling.

The Constitution CLEARLY says "freedom of Speach" NOT freedom of ACTIONS.

A liberal court made the ruling and "CREATED" a new definition of "speech"

To address your post, Many liberals are too ignorant about what our country is and have NO pride in it.

NO country is perfect.

Hopefully, one day when they grow up they will have different view of America.

Don't let them confuse you....
The constitution only chains down the government from reacting. It in no way restricts the people from reacting to anything said or displayed. That is the reason we are all to be armed and able to defend our words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 08:12 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
No, I don't need to look around more. The vast majority of people who vote democratic have never burned a flag and would never do so. Pssst. I vote democratic, and not only do I display the flag outside my house every day, I also respectfully stand at attention, put my hand over my heart, and recite the Pledge whenever occasion warrants it. There are 300-some million people in this country, at least a third of whom are declared Democrats. If this was really a trend, I wouldn't be able to walk down the street without seeing a burning flag, and I've never seen it happen in person. Where do you live around Democrats that this is an everyday occurrence?

Last edited by randomparent; 08-01-2016 at 08:37 AM..

Old 08-01-2016, 08:15 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,300 times
It is okay to slander an entire demographic these days. And the people who do it should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:18 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,179,733 times
The flag symbolizes the U.S. government or the establishment. By burning it, the globalist/collectivist far left burns a nationalist symbol. But its a good question OP -- the far right also stands against the government at times, but I don't get the impression that they try to get attention the same way.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:27 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
The flag symbolizes the U.S. government or the establishment. By burning it, the globalist/collectivist far left burns a nationalist symbol. But its a good question OP -- the far right also stands against the government at times, but I don't get the impression that they try to get attention the same way.
I don't get that. To me the flag represents all of us; our country, our freedoms, democracy, liberty... all those things that we're supposed to love, not stomp on. Does DC have its own flag we could burn?

On a related note, I do understand flying the flag upside down.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:31 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
I am surprised they didn't burn one on the stage at RNC. Since they had nothing good to say about the US, they might as well burn the flag to put the exclamation point to it.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:34 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
No, I don't need to look around more. The vast majority of people who vote democratic have never burned a flag and would never do so. Pssst. I vote democratic, and not only do I display the flag outside my house every day, I also respectfully stand at attention, put my hand over my heart, and recite the Pledge whenever occasion warrants it. There are 300-some million people in this country, at least a third of which are declared Democrats. If this was really a trend, I wouldn't be able to walk down the street without seeing a burning flag, and I've never seen it happen in person. Where do you live around Democrats that this is an everyday occurrence?
The leaders of the party need to tell the people to stop doing it......the leaders happen to meet with these same people. Occupy Wall Street, BLM and others. I was not talking about your personal flag or experience. Republicans are not seen burning the flag and if they were they would be stopped.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:38 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Republicans are not seen burning the flag and if they were they would be stopped.
So, you're against freedom of expression? Or are you just against expressions you don't like?

Old 08-01-2016, 08:42 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The leaders of the party need to tell the people to stop doing it......the leaders happen to meet with these same people. Occupy Wall Street, BLM and others. I was not talking about your personal flag or experience. Republicans are not seen burning the flag and if they were they would be stopped.
By whom? Does the right have some sort of security detail that ensures every declared member of the party abides by flag code? And when's the last time any member of either of those protest organizations openly declared their allegiance to the Democratic party? They're protestors! I did not think this thread could get any more ridiculous, but you all keep proving me wrong.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:44 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
One angry protestor burns a flag, and now everyone on the left has a flag-burning fetish? No, that's not how it works.
Apparently it is in RW FantasyLand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies