Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 10:21 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,124,410 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately many people are clueless and have little interest in following politics. Most people get bits and pieces of the whole story and become very bias in their thoughts about Republicans or Democrats. Because most of MSM is liberal that means the pieces of the political puzzle they hear cause them to become even more entrenched in their views without even knowing why.

We need more Fox news networks to truly make news fair and balanced, or hey, here's a novel idea.....How about a news station that gives both sides of the story instead of just slanting it the way their higher ups make them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 10:23 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,113,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
It's painfully obvious that main stream media, and even main stream social media platforms are incredibly slanted left.

Is this the type of brain-washing world you wish to live in, and call "progress"?
I take it you saw that Trump opened his mouth and said dumb stuff...

Wasn't Trump bragging about all the free media coverage he is getting?

Old 08-01-2016, 10:23 PM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Reality has a liberal bias. Conservatives can't recognize that.
"If reality wasn't so serious, liberalism would be mere comic relief for the thinking mind."

Old 08-01-2016, 10:28 PM

593 posts, read 1,377,685 times
Liberal bias like Trump verbally attacking women liberally in both parties? First he says rude nasty things about Ted Cruz' wife, then says mean spirited things about Mrs Kahn.

I did notice he has nothing to say about that hoochie mama on the cover of the NY Post? And she is what the conservative Republican party wants in the White House? I wonder what Mrs Nancy Reagan thinks?

Old 08-01-2016, 11:10 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,612,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
It's painfully obvious that main stream media, and even main stream social media platforms are incredibly slanted left.

Is this the type of brain-washing world you wish to live in, and call "progress"?
You prefer the bias talk radio media?

Old 08-01-2016, 11:32 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Do you realize that the majority of conservatives are not birthers?
Do you realize that the number of birthers is roughly equal to the number of Fox News viewers?

Old 08-02-2016, 12:32 AM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
I'd feel better if the question weren't so ridiculously loaded.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:35 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
I am quite left leaning and yes, the main stream media (no, AM talk radio is not MSM) is very left leaning. I have found that many liberals fail to see any liberal bias probably because the MSM is preaching to their values. Personally, I find many on the left absolutely intolerant of any other opinions, they can be quite vile.

As I said, I am left leaning but I am not a kool aid drinker. I consider myself a sensible liberal. Something that is quite rare today. It boggles my mind how you are called out as a right winger gun nut bible thumping xenophobic bigot if you have an opinion that is outside of the liberal narrative. As I said, many on the left are quite vile.
The truth of the matter is reality does have a liberal bias.

There are very few parts of this nation that dont have people of all races, sexualities and religions. People are anti Tax right up until they see how much local property taxes go into schools , or until they want a stop sign on a certain corner, or a speed bump,or pot hole fixed.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:44 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,779,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The truth of the matter is reality does have a liberal bias.

There are very few parts of this nation that dont have people of all races, sexualities and religions. People are anti Tax right up until they see how much local property taxes go into schools , or until they want a stop sign on a certain corner, or a speed bump,or pot hole fixed.
The way I see it is progressive movements always will triumph. The purpose I see for conservatives is to counter balance it so we do not stray too far from the constitution. There is merit behind keeping power with the states opposed to a giant federal government to keep checks and balances so that big fed doesn't become big tyrant. Think about it, if federal government gets too big, and too corrupt what do you do then? " It is important to have both progressive and conservative people in government for this reason. The press should be neutral as their job is to report on facts as a duty to the public. The line is so blurred now with the blatant left bias. I would think mpst reasonable people feel this way. As for all these social issues conservatives say people should be free but then oppose abortion and gay marriage and decriminalization of marijuana. Liberals say people should be free but think freedom lies with an enormous federal government. Us modern folks can't hold a candle to our founders.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:37 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
I admire you're willingness to appear a tool.

.................. and a glib, nasty response is all you can come up with. Of course, that demonstrates that you are unable to defend the massive left wing bias in the media with any rational statements.

Liberalism = Fascism

Think for just a moment, if you still can. Totalitarian governments:

1. Seek to eliminate opposition media sources- check

2. Seek to ban or disrupt public assemblies that disagree with thier philosophy- check

3. Seek a stronger and more powerful central government- check

4. Use propaganda, rather than objective information, to rally support- check

5. Believe in the "rights" of ONE INDIVIDUAL over the rule of law- check

6. Oppose the existing law enforcement structure (see Brownshirts)- check

7. Exert state control/influence over the balance of media sources- check

Libs simply do not understand that thier "leader" and the policies of the left REDUCE individual liberties under the guise of "fairness" and "social justice". "Progressive" and "Liberal" sound so much better than "Fascist" or "Nazi", such that libs can feel justified and happy with supporting initiatives which attack and erode the liberties of US citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies