Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 07:50 AM

5,768 posts, read 3,209,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Right, so we should literally rob Peter's hard earned money to pay Paul and somehow that's moral, just and ethical.

I found your comment offensive!
Did you see anything in my remarks about those who won't work?
If that rattles your cage, good. Now get back to work wage slave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 07:55 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Democrats: Do you feel good about liberal bias in MSM?-13920916_10209662905306658_4640777314266568738_n.jpg

Old 08-03-2016, 08:05 AM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
There is bias everywhere in the media. Conservative, liberal,etc. Someone has an agenda. What I worry about is getting into a political argument with someone, and then needing evidence to back my point up. I have to worry about where that source came from. I have to worry about if other people have an axe to grind.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:29 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Exactly!!

Media: There is no proof that Obama was born in Kenya.

Wing nuts: Lies!! Liberal bias!!!

Fox News: We have heard from our sources' friends' distant relative that a Kenyan nurse, whom we cannot locate, said that she delivered Obama while he was in Kenya. We have a photo of the delivery proving everything we are saying is true but we will not release the photo because our staff is still photoshopping it.... er I mean it's still in the process of being verified.

Wing nuts: OMG!! Why aren't the MSM reporting it???!! The MSM are so biased!!!

"The MSM are so biased"

I am GLAD YOU finally ADMIT IT.

"DOUBLE STANDARD: Khizr Khan Receives 50x More Coverage Than Pat Smith on ABC, CBS, NBC"

" Khizr Khan and his wife Ghazla’s DNC appearance earned 55 minutes, 13 seconds of Big Three network coverage, nearly 50 times more than Pat Smith, whose RNC speech honoring her son earned just 70 seconds of airtime."

DOUBLE STANDARD: Khizr Khan Receives 50x More Coverage Than Pat Smith on ABC, CBS, NBC

"
NBC Ignores the Resignations of High Ranking DNC Officials Over Hacked E-Mails

"NBC was the only network in the “big three” to avoid the topic all together. “And there is one more developing headline in the race for president before we move on here, and this one spells trouble for the Democrats tonight,” hyped ABC anchor David Muir on World News Tonight."

"While ABC dedicated 40 seconds to the story, CBS thought it only warranted 18 seconds. “There is more fallout from the leak of Democratic National Committee e-mails that reveal party officials favored Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders,” said Charlie Rose CBS Evening News, filling in for anchor Scott Pelley. Rose only mentioned “three top officials” were forced to resign, and that Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz was forced to step down from her position as the Chair of the DNC."

"Spanish-language network Univision also gave the story minimal air time, almost on par with CBS at 21 seconds. Univision was the only network to mention the names of the two other officials forced to resign, “Two of her collaborators Luis Miranda and Brad Marshall joined her resignation, which was announced through a press release.”

"Even with Univision’s short amount of time they still beat out their Spanish competitor Telemundo, who also gave the story zero air time. Telemundo is owned by NBC Universal which could explain why they, along with NBC News, did not cover the resignations."

On a similar note, NBC also failed to report about the lies Hillary Clinton told on Fox News Sunday about her truthfulness to the public about her E-Mails. Clinton claimed FBI Director James Comey vindicated what she was telling the public, when in fact he did the opposite.
Transcripts below:
[CENTER]
[SIZE=-6]Ad Feedback[/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
ABC
World News Tonight
August 2, 2016
6:36:39 PM Eastern [40 Seconds]
DAVID MUIR: And there is one more developing headline in the race for president before we move on here, and this one spells trouble for the Democrats tonight. More heads rolling at the Democratic National Committee, after the party's e-mail was hacked. U.S. authorities believing Russian hackers were behind it, but it's what's in those e-mails now leading to resignations. Party CEO Amy Daisy is out tonight, along with the party's chief finance officer and commune cases director. All three in those e-mails showing favoritism for Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders. The release of those e-mails already led to DNC chairperson congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz to resign from her post at the DNC.
CBS
Evening News
August 2, 2016
6:37:41 PM Eastern [18 Seconds]
CHARLIE ROSE: There is more fallout from the leak of Democratic National Committee e-mails that reveal party officials favored Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders. Three top officials, including the C.E.O., resigned today. The party chair, Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, announced her resignation last week.
NBC Ignores the Resignations of High Ranking DNC Officials Over Hacked E-Mails

looking AT THE unbalance IN COVERAGE, anybody WITH ANY COMMON SENSE CAN SEE THE UNBALANCE IN COVERAGE.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:40 AM

211 posts, read 113,657 times
Its amusing how some people are so angered and threatened by the existence of Fox News and a few A.M. radio talk shows, but have no problem that every other news network and newspaper is equally slanted to the left. Fox is on the right, while CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, HLN, MSNBC are all left leaning. In addition, there's blatantly left-wing shows all over the map -- garbage like The View on ABC, John Oliver and Bill Maher on HBO, The Daily Show on Comedy Central, Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyer, etc. We are constantly bombarded with left-wing news and opinions, and the only time most people see anything from Fox News is when they're nitpicking it on The Daily Show.

Most media is unapologetically left leaning. How could they not be when 90%+ of people in media self-identify as Democrats? Are you so naive to think that their political leanings won't taint their reporting? Many have completely admitted it, but who is going to hold them accountable? Other Liberals who agree that the narrative is more important than honesty and integrity?

If any Republican candidate with a fraction of the baggage Clinton has wouldn't be able to run for city council, but somehow Clinton has managed to deflect nearly all of the criticisms about her lies, deception and ineptitude. The only time they report on her scandals is to downplay them after they've been dug up by a Conservative source.

I'd like to say the good news is that people are less likely to get their news from old media and increasingly get it online, but as has been discovered, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Google and other massive new media companies are even more Liberal than journalists and suppress any news they don't want people to know about.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:49 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,522,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
If that rattles your cage, good. Now get back to work wage slave.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:55 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,467,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I watched them cover the RNC and they had four guests from both sides.
I didn't watch the conventions but either way the on-air ambush was pretty obvious. The white washing of Clintons misdeeds and the lambasting of anyone who brings them up is also getting to be an old shtick.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The MSM are so biased"

I am GLAD YOU finally ADMIT IT.

"DOUBLE STANDARD: Khizr Khan Receives 50x More Coverage Than Pat Smith on ABC, CBS, NBC"

" Khizr Khan and his wife Ghazla’s DNC appearance earned 55 minutes, 13 seconds of Big Three network coverage, nearly 50 times more than Pat Smith, whose RNC speech honoring her son earned just[b] 70 seconds of airtime."
LOL. Khan got his air time ONLY because Trump opened his mouth and created the controversy, which he didn't have to do. If Trump had left him alone, Khan would be forgotten already.

Trump is a self-destructor.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-03-2016 at 09:59 AM..

Old 08-03-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
I didn't watch the conventions but either way the on-air ambush was pretty obvious. The white washing of Clintons misdeeds and the lambasting of anyone who brings them up is also getting to be an old shtick.
I guess we are not watching the same broadcasts.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How does it balance out when 9 out of 10 MSM are hateful and lying liberal channels? One Fox News can't take one the other 9.
Your Fox News channel constantly bloviates about being "the number 1 cable news channel."

Then pretends not to be part of the mainstream media.

But it gives you the choice to watch biased, opinionated "news" and pretend that it's true.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies