Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 10:20 AM

13,564 posts, read 4,871,962 times

Advertisements

OK, I won't bother arguing with the premise, that the media has a liberal bias - ignoring the fact that Fox is the largest media company in the world - so let's assume you're right, that most of the media has a liberal bias. That would then imply that the majority of reporters, anchors, writers and editors are liberals. Why do YOU think that is? Is there some vast conspiracy afoot? Are liberal politicians using their unlimited power to force media companies to hire only liberals? Is there a secret society of media corporate managers that is hell-bent on stifling conservative thought?

I mean, the whole premise just never quite made sense to me. How can an entire industry be biased one way or the other, unless there is a financial incentive? So for me it comes down to two theories: The first is the Shoot the Messenger Theory - that the media just tells the truth and conservatives don't like the truth. The other is the Follow the Money Theory - the media gives the liberal side because that is what the people want to hear and thus pay for.
Which theory do you think is correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 10:35 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,500,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Which theory do you think is correct?
None. Those are baseless theories.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:15 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,293,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How does it balance out when 9 out of 10 MSM are hateful and lying liberal channels? One Fox News can't take one the other 9.
If you truly believe that and if you still have an oz of decency, you should excuse yourself from all votings possible.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Your Fox News channel constantly bloviates about being "the number 1 cable news channel."
"We distort, you believe." Or something like that.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:19 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,660,981 times
If Fox news and Limbaugh have the highest ratings, doesn't that make them the mainstream media?

Old 08-03-2016, 11:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
"We distort, you believe." Or something like that.
Fox News...

"We distort. You comply."

Old 08-03-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
If Fox news and Limbaugh have the highest ratings, doesn't that make them the mainstream media?
The funny thing is if they can control of the government they will be the "bad guys". However, I doubt they're introspective enough to grok the consequences of that.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:29 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,098,568 times
Fox News is by far the largest news channel and it focuses on a right wing spin.

Talk radio is overwhelming right wing too. Plenty of echo chambers to go around.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:12 PM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
LOL. Khan got his air time ONLY because Trump opened his mouth and created the controversy, which he didn't have to do. If Trump had left him alone, Khan would be forgotten already.

Trump is a self-destructor.
" Khan got his air time ONLY because Trump opened his mouth"

Millions of people would like air time at the Dem National Convention.

Why was KHan picked?

What did he have to say that was WORTH him being picked over the other millions? His son being killed there.

I find odd that he spoke out against the Iraq war and his sons death when Hillary voted FOR it.

He spoke NOT ONE SINGLE WORD against her vote.

Of course we know of the ties he has in his personal and career life.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:20 PM

13,564 posts, read 4,871,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
None. Those are baseless theories.
Then what is the real cause? I addressed my post to you, the OP, in all seriousness. What do you think has caused an entire industry to be dominated by liberals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies