Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 05:39 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times

Advertisements

Denied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 07:29 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
confirming this article from last week........

Is Black Lives Matter blowing it? - CNN.com

Instead of being like "PhilliesPhan2013" (see his post on page 2 of this thread), BLM is fastly becoming irrelevant.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:40 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Honestly it reads like something out of Mad Magazine or National Lampoon.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:49 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
I support reparations. I believe that it should be in the form of options. For example better reparations would be in the form of ending the war on drugs. This would lift a heavy heavy burden off of the black community, and it would give black people clear focus. Plus it could make legitimate businessmen out of black people who are involved in the distribution of drugs.

Secondly, reparations should also come in the form of an opt out clause. Black people should be given the option to opt out of all government services. If they opt out, this mean they pay no more taxes for public services, but this also mean that they won't be able to use them. I think this is a fair trade off and won't cost anyone money.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:53 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,212,399 times
BLM - take a hike.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:00 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I support reparations. I believe that it should be in the form of options. For example better reparations would be in the form of ending the war on drugs. This would lift a heavy heavy burden off of the black community, and it would give black people clear focus. Plus it could make legitimate businessmen out of black people who are involved in the distribution of drugs.

Secondly, reparations should also come in the form of an opt out clause. Black people should be given the option to opt out of all government services. If they opt out, this mean they pay no more taxes for public services, but this also mean that they won't be able to use them. I think this is a fair trade off and won't cost anyone money.
WTF? Only "black" people get to opt out of this train wreck?

Old 08-02-2016, 08:04 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Another example of how black people are just as capable as everyone else. All it takes is hard work. It helps to have a supportive family, which is what BLM should focus on.
YES! That is what infuriates me the most of all....it's these groups acting like black folks can't do for themselves - that all black people "need" help from the whites. How freakin' insulting is that?!

Old 08-02-2016, 08:06 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Black Lives Matter are anarchist, racist, hateful people who advocate killing cops and want special treatment for black criminals, in my opinion.

I disagree with Black Lives Matter and anyone who supports them.
Black Lives Matter are not anarchist by any definition of the word.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:06 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
That is a big list of demands. It seems that for the most part they are against police and prisons and want opportunity.

OK so the gang banger selling drugs on the corner goes unchecked by the Police and he goes on to gun down a rival drug dealing pimp and steals his hos to expand his business empire. He does all this without any fear of being arrested.
Is this what they want?

This may be news to BLM but the Police are not the cause of crime they are only there to clean up the mess and help the victims.

Here is a better idea. There is a movie called "The Purge" and the theme is that for one night every year all crime is allowed. People who want to steal, rob and murder are allowed to do so. People who don't secure themselves in their houses to wait out the night.

If society practiced the PURGE we would have far fewer people in prison because the bad guys would kill each other off.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:07 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
Damn right that's all it takes!

My mother got pregnant with me when she was 17 years old. She eventually had me when she was 18, on August 29, 1995. My father left the responsibility of raising me solely to her. I was raised in some of the worst ghettos in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Chester, PA, and Mill Creek, West Philadelphia. Although she didn't have a college education, she stressed the importance of school, the fact that I can be anything I want in life, and that I WILL graduate from high school and go on to college. I did exactly that. When I was in middle school, I was awarded 7 out of 9 possible honor roll awards. When our financial situation improved, my mom sent me to Catholic high school, which changed my life. For the first time in my life, I experienced diversity and what it is like to have a stable household. Those experiences helped me realize that white people don't automatically hate black people just because they are black (contrary to what my peers in middle school convinced me of), and that I WILL marry someone, purchase a home, and give my children a better life than I had. At the moment, I am a Finance major at Temple University in Philadelphia. I have connected with more business professionals than most juniors. After I graduate, I plan to start my own real estate development company, specializing in urban real estate development in the Philadelphia area.

Many of the people I grew up with are either in jail, dead, or living a stagnant life with little possibility of turning their situation around. Those were the SAME people who made fun of me in elementary and middle school, calling me everything from an "Oreo" to a "white boy". As long as one has parents who actually care about their child (my mom was present at EVERY student-teacher conference, showed up to the school in order to ensure my bullies were addressed by administration, etc.) and have self-confidence, a willingness to work hard, optimism, and the mindset that "I can be ANYTHING I put my mind to", then anyone of ANY race can overcome their upbringing. I am only 20 years old (I'll be 21 this month), but I am doing better a lot of people 2-3 times my age.
Your mom did a wonderful job raising you. Perhaps she can go around the country and hold seminars for all other parents out there who make excuses for why they can't be involved in their kid's life. (That doesn't matter the race.)

And happy early birthday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies