Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 07:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Freedom of Speech was enacted at a time when small business and citizens were the predominant forces of it at the time.

I support Freedom of Speech for small business and citizens.
Joe's Plumber is not going to be able to donate thousands each to a hundred politicians and millions to all the Media Outlets across the nation

Multinational Corporations, Pharmeceutical Industries, War Contractors, Big Wall Street Banks and so on do have that ability and do a lot of harm to citizens in this country. These corporations need to take a step off a high cliff.
They were not targeted with the law. All of the above could still give the parties as many millions as they wanted to.

It was the small guy that was targeted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 07:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Freedom of Speech was enacted at a time when small business and citizens were the predominant forces of it at the time.

I support Freedom of Speech for small business and citizens.
Joe's Plumber is not going to be able to donate thousands each to a hundred politicians and millions to all the Media Outlets across the nation

Multinational Corporations, Pharmeceutical Industries, War Contractors, Big Wall Street Banks and so on do have that ability and do a lot of harm to citizens in this country. These corporations need to take a step off a high cliff.

They are not giving thousands each to a hundred politicians and millions to all the Media Outlets across the nation.

They are producing and airing their own message. No different than advertising and marketing for the business.
The problem some are having with the commercial is, it is a political commercial, instead of for selling Depends Underwear.

Free speech has no limits.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:54 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Then lets get that amendment started.

I'm for what the constitution says. So let us actually make it say that. Self employed, small business, large companies, big corporations and unions, loose their 1st amendment and government gets to control their thought and words. Let's do this.
No, everyone gets Freedom of Speech, but it is freaking retarded to suggest millions spent on Media Campaigns vs Joe the Plumber spending a hundred bucks is the same.

It is not

Old 08-02-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You're better off just donating your money straight to the billionaire class instead of carrying the water for their interests.

You're better off not trying to deny people and business their 1st amendment right, because you don't like the message.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
The restrictions need to apply at the media level as well.
I have no idea what that means.

Quote:
They can do like every other citizen and hit the dam pavement with picket signs and bull horns, or is that too much below them?
McCain/Feingold restricted what one could say on a street corner, or a marquee, or on film or a book.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:56 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They are not giving thousands each to a hundred politicians and millions to all the Media Outlets across the nation.

They are producing and airing their own message. No different than advertising and marketing for the business.
The problem some are having with the commercial is, it is a political commercial, instead of for selling Depends Underwear.

Free speech has no limits.
It does with me when it effects me and mine and I will support a Candidate that brings equal representation for the people, by the people and to all the people.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
No, everyone gets Freedom of Speech, but it is freaking retarded to suggest millions spent on Media Campaigns vs Joe the Plumber spending a hundred bucks is the same.

It is not
The law came about because a bunch of Joe PLumbers got together to attack John Kerry.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
It clearly does and that was how it was interpreted for centuries. Your radical extremism is a parody considering you are a mere working stiff, and not part of the ruling class of America.
Yet I have asked 2 times now, to show me, where the constitution says government can restrict the 1st amendment.

What is extreme... How you do not know the constitution, but "think" you do.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:

It is not

Put up, or shut the F up. Crap or get off the pot!

Let's do this. Amend the constitution to actually say it. Come on. Everyone wants to deny the self employed their 1st amendment right. It is in the bag.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
It does with me when it effects me and mine and I will support a Candidate that brings equal representation for the people, by the people and to all the people.

If you don't like the message, change the channel or walk away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies