Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 05:02 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I agree

Trump is Hope and Change 2.0
He throws in some tidbits to string along the masses because this is what the Big Thinks Tanks that study what potential voters are thinking want to see.

But the fact they are even having to go this route with the masses of people is clearly a red flag they know it will only work until it does not anymore

Once Trump is in power, it will be business as usual and they will be prepping the American People for the next puppet, but more and more will see through the BS as is already happening
Agree. This whole self-funding campaign we see so often by wealthy business people is just a charade. Anyone can get a check of $5m (perhaps as "speaking fees" or some type of business sale) from a few well-heeled local businessmen who want zoning regulations or some other favor done. The person can then decide to run for office as a "self-funder". Its a charade. At least Seattle has managed to start the process of getting back our democracy. They managed to pass a system last year where all voters are given four "democracy voucers" of $25 to be donated to the candidate of their choice to make candidates less dependent on special interests.

Campaign finance reform is also a measure on the ballot in South Dakota in November:

https://ballotpedia.org/South_Dakota...asure_22_(2016)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Answer the question. Which billionaire bought your vote?
I have voted Stein and Sanders in the past and various grassroots candidates down the ballot. You refuse to address the question though. Why dont you care about the corrupt system of campaign finance? The ast majority of politicians take orders from their financial overlords and you're fine with this oligarchy??

Old 08-02-2016, 05:08 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
What good does it do if Trump funded his own campaign when there are hundreds of Corporate and Banking Puppets infesting DC along with him?
He is a private citizen now - there is a very good reason that ALL of the Elite Political Establishment FEAR him. None of the Elites want to "rock the boat", they don't want to deal with the 20,000+ page Tax Code that gives all these Perks to the Big Money that pay for those perks.

We've tried putting new people in Congress, we've tried the past Candidates that claim "elect ME" and I will do yada-yada. They get there and find that even if they want to do yada-yada .... they can't fight the massive system, Big Money Lobbys & the Careerists in Government that can't even be fired for embezzlement and obstruction of Justice (destroying evidence of their crimes).

Can Trump do it?? I don't know, BUT I do know that the situation has gone from really,really BAD to really,really,really WORSE and the Political Insiders care more about protecting their cushy rear ends and feathering their cushy nests, than they do the Constitution or "We the People" - who send them to Washington. It's a Pay to Play Corruption scam and we are $20 Trillion in unsustainable Debt.

Maybe somebody who has Nothing to Gain and isn't afraid of either the Corrupt Media OR the Big Money can get something done. Trump wasn't my first choice, but Hillary Clinton is a Double Down on everything that is wrong for this Country. She is simply not an option. I could NEVER vote for a person who LIED to the people and to Congress and who has total disregard for our National Security. I could NEVER vote for a person who sells a political office to Foreign Money and for gain to Personal Finances via Political position as Secretary of State .... a really serious position.

I've been FED-UP for a long while - I'm not the only one. We are the silent majority that's had enough.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And you're claiming Hillary isn't? She the lead puppet in the puppet show.
Seems like you are embarrassed by the fact that Trump promises to shut the people out of the political process for good with his supreme court picks. All I see here is just ...but Clinton....I am a progressive having supported Sanders and Stein.

Why are you so indifferent to the corrupt system of campaign finance?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:14 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
We need to thank the ultra wealthy for voluntarily footing much of the costs of providing information to the voters.

They are doing a public service.

Thank you, George Soros. Thank you, Koch brothers. Thank you to all the PACs for making us all more informed voters at no cost to us.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I've been FED-UP for a long while - I'm not the only one. We are the silent majority that's had enough.
Yet you refuse to fight for candidates that are beholden to no one but the grass roots donors with one strong message: move towards public funding of elections and bring back democracy to the american people. Its mind boggling to me. Why do you keep voting for people who are beholden to their financial overlords and special interests?

Joining campaigns like this is what must be done, not voting in corrupt billionaires and their friends to office:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXsf3ICgy50

Old 08-02-2016, 05:17 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Can Trump do it?? I don't know, BUT I do know that the situation has gone from really,really BAD to really,really,really WORSE and the Political Insiders care more about protecting their cushy rear ends and feathering their cushy nests, than they do the Constitution or "We the People" - who send them to Washington. It's a Pay to Play Corruption scam and we are $20 Trillion in unsustainable Debt.
See my Previous Post also...
So when it is Business as Usual in DC, will you cheer the next puppet you are presented that comes along?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:17 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Seems like you are embarrassed by the fact that Trump promises to shut the people out of the political process for good with his supreme court picks. All I see here is just ...but Clinton....I am a progressive having supported Sanders and Stein.

Why are you so indifferent to the corrupt system of campaign finance?
Will you be voting for billionaire funded Wall Street Clinton?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
We need to thank the ultra wealthy for voluntarily footing much of the costs of providing information to the voters.

They are doing a public service.

Thank you, George Soros. Thank you, Koch brothers. Thank you to all the PACs for making us all more informed voters at no cost to us.
Trump even hired a George Soros shill as his finance director for his campaign in order to beg money from the super rich financial world.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:21 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
If you ban "rich" people from donating, you must ban ALL people from donating. My neighbor is no more moral than the rich guy when he is trying to use thug government to impose his will upon me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies