Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 08:43 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times

Advertisements

A Dollar Tree clerk in Gary Indiana refused to serve a woman wearing a black niqab (only eyes showing). The woman took a video and is getting much support online, and on her Facebook account that is new and seems to be set up for this purpose. She has an American accent and appears to be a recent convert who doesn't know that Islamic law allows/requires her to remove her veil for identification purposes in business dealings.

Muslim woman asked to leave Gary Family Dollar store for wearing traditional Islamic garb - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Islam Question and Answer - When is it permissible for a woman to uncover her face?

II – Business dealings

It is permitted for a woman to uncover her face and hands when buying or selling, and it is permitted for the vendor to see her face when he hands over the goods and asks for the money, provided that this will not lead to fitnah – otherwise it is forbidden.

Ibn Qudaamah said: “If a person deals with a woman when selling or renting, he may look at her face so he knows who she is, and may go back to her when the money is due (a guarantee of the price when the deal is finalized). It was reported that Ahmad said this was makrooh in the case of a young woman, but not in the case of an old woman, and in the case where there is fear of fitnah, or where there is no need for this business deal. But in cases where it is necessary, and there is no wrongful desire, then there is no harm in it.” (al-Mughni, 7/459; al-Sharh al-Kabeer ‘ala Matan al-Muqni’, 7/348 bi Haamish al-Mughni; al-Hidaayah ma’a Takmilat Fath al-Qadeer, 10/24).
... This is the opinion favoured by our shaykh.” (Haashiyat al-Dasooqi ‘ala’l-Sharh al-Kabeer, 4/194).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 09:33 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
I'm 100% for private businesses having the right to turn away those wearing niqabs or burqas, especially since it could be a security concern.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:37 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,394 times
I'm 100% for private businesses having the right to do or not do business with anyone for any reason. Otherwise it is not a private business, but a business taken over by the thug government...

Old 08-03-2016, 09:42 PM

451 posts, read 465,342 times
How's that multiculturalism working out for you?

Old 08-03-2016, 10:32 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
I still can't figure out why she was kicked out. I don't even know what the commotion was about. FYI, I avoid stores where the sales clerk wears those nigabs. Had one of those at the local Kohls and Marshals. Didn't last long but can any business enforce dress codes any more?

Old 08-03-2016, 10:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I still can't figure out why she was kicked out. I don't even know what the commotion was about. FYI, I avoid stores where the sales clerk wears those nigabs. Had one of those at the local Kohls and Marshals. Didn't last long but can any business enforce dress codes any more?
A large portion of the stuff we are fed is simply made up to keep us separated. As long as we are fighting over stupid internet video's we aren't paying attention to the politicians behind the closed doors.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:37 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,913 times
Islam doesn't assimilate, it dominates. It's in its nature to do so.

Islam has no place in a civilized society.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:37 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Default Muslim woman kicked out of dollar store for wearing religious veil

I doubt there will be much, if any, sympathy for this woman, but it's the right of the store to refuse service to anyone.

The employee does make a point that it is a high crime area and anything covering the face in the store is not acceptable.

Muslim woman kicked out of dollar store for wearing religious veil (video) | syracuse.com

Quote:
A Muslim-American woman from Indiana was kicked out of a Family Dollar for wearing a traditional Islamic face covering known as a niqab.

In the video, she explains that the niqab and hijab she is wearing are for religious purposes, but the clerk wasn't having it.

"I understand, but you have to understand too this is a high crime area and we get robbed a lot. You need to remove that from your face or remove yourself from the store," the clerk says in the video.

Safi tries to argue that she has freedom to express her religion, but leaves after the clerk threatens to call the police.

"Do I wait for the police to come and let my children see this, or do I go head and just go and let Allah handle it how he sees fit?" she said she asked herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J84LL5Wop2c

Old 08-03-2016, 10:57 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,534 times
You cannot have people with covered faces coming into your place of business. There is no discussion here, you have no idea who or what is "behind the mask". Something happens, how on Earth are you to describe this person? No, sorry, remove it while in the store or you can leave. Done.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:58 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
"I understand, but you have to understand too this is a high crime area and we get robbed a lot. You need to remove that from your face or remove yourself from the store," the clerk says in the video.

I understand this muslim woman's anger. But seriously? she should just let it go. Move on and give her business to somebody who are willing to take her money. Move on move on move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies