Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2016, 01:39 AM

66 posts, read 39,418 times

Advertisements

I just watched the TYT video on this incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9DwFp9NZg8

Here's the problem as I see it: Tyt and other liberal news outlets go so far as to speculate that the outcome would have been different if the people were white. They promote the idea that cops are killing people because of the color of their skin. This woman, Korryn Gaines, was brainwashing her 5 year old son to think that the police are out to kill them. How do people not see that this is a cycle? Tell black people that the cops are out to kill them. And then more black people will fight with the cops, point guns at them, and make martyrs of themselves. These instances are then seen as further proof that the cops are targeting black people. And if anyone points out that this is a downward spiral, as I am doing here, they're called a racist. I consider myself a liberal. But my fellow liberals need to stop and think about what they're doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 05:07 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellow26 View Post
I just watched the TYT video on this incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9DwFp9NZg8

Here's the problem as I see it: Tyt and other liberal news outlets go so far as to speculate that the outcome would have been different if the people were white. They promote the idea that cops are killing people because of the color of their skin. This woman, Korryn Gaines, was brainwashing her 5 year old son to think that the police are out to kill them. How do people not see that this is a cycle? Tell black people that the cops are out to kill them. And then more black people will fight with the cops, point guns at them, and make martyrs of themselves. These instances are then seen as further proof that the cops are targeting black people. And if anyone points out that this is a downward spiral, as I am doing here, they're called a racist. I consider myself a liberal. But my fellow liberals need to stop and think about what they're doing.
This is a tragic example of mental illness coupled with brainwashing by Sovereign Citizen rhetoric & sophistry:

Quote:
...You can see the language of the sovereign citizen in the way Gaines talks to the police in the video. The cops are not impounding her car they are “stealing” it. She is not getting arrested she is being “kidnapped.” She claims the police have no authority to pull her over and thus throws her court summons out the window.

This Gaines video mirrors hundreds of other “sovereign citizen” traffic stops on YouTube, where unregistered drivers question the legal authority of federal law and argue with the cops. They usually end in a messy arrest.

Sovereign citizenry is most often associated with far-right white militias or anti-federalists like the Bundy family. The concept originated with the Posse Comitatus movement, a 1960s white supremacist organization that believed the county was the highest form of government and encouraged its followers not to pay taxes. They also stated that if the county sheriff did not obey the will of the people, he should be immediately taken to the town intersection and hanged. ...
The video this article refers to is here:

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/was-...reign-citizen/

Old 08-04-2016, 05:29 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
She was part of the Moorish Sovereign Citizen movement.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...eigns’-black

Old 08-04-2016, 05:31 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
I don't know what TYT is, and I'm not watching that video.

I learned all I needed to know about Gaines when I found out she was a Sovereign Citizen/Moorish Nation moonbat.

Old 08-04-2016, 05:33 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I don't know what TYT is, and I'm not watching that video.

I learned all I needed to know about Gaines when I found out she was a Sovereign Citizen/Moorish Nation moonbat.
They copied the Shriners symbol as their own.

Old 08-04-2016, 05:40 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
She was certainly nuts...now she is certainly dead

Will the cycle continue with her child...probably..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies