Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 10:59 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I noted early on that the prosecutor over charged and i wouldn't have found for murder. I most certainly would have a lesser charge.

No it didn't. We can assume we would have just ran if some pervert was following us but some are more defensive in their actions.

A grown man has no business creeping around following a teen boy home from the store.
The jury had the lesser charge of manslaughter as an option. 'Grown Man Creeping Around' wasn't among the charges. The jury accepted that GZ acted in self defense.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:04 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
People are furious that they can't provide a convincing argument for GZ's guilt. LOL
My argument was never that he's guilty. I don't care about that. I never wanted him to go to prison anyway. Too easy. He'd just be in PC the whole time.

No, I want him free and on the streets, where people like me who believe that he shot an unarmed minor while losing a fair fight can see him. Frankly, a short prison sentence for manslaughter would've been far too easy. He would've been seen as a man who paid his debt, and he would've been left alone. He'd have been forgiven for what happened...or at least forgotten.

No, I like it this way better. I knew all along that not getting found guilty and letting him go free would eventually be his downfall. One, because he's an idiot. Two because he's a magnet for trouble, and three, because he's soft as cheese spread.

I mean, he should be safe around white people for the most part, but even they've got no sympathy for him, as evidenced by that sock in the face. None of his post-trial altercations have been with black folks. Think about it.

And surely, you all swore up and down that blacks would go after him with a vengeance. But nope...we're letting his own people put that work in for us. They're doing a good job too.

A punch here, a gunshot there, an arrest from time to time...it's all working out pretty well. To me anyway.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The jury had the lesser charge of manslaughter as an option. 'Grown Man Creeping Around' wasn't among the charges. The jury accepted that GZ acted in self defense.
Only as a last ditch effort when the prosecutor and everyone knew she was going to lose. They did not make the case in trial.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:21 AM

52,246 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You are very racist.

Yeah... the guy called me a redneck... a personal attack if there ever was one. I'm about as un-redneck as it gets.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah... the guy called me a redneck... a personal attack if there ever was one. I'm about as un-redneck as it gets.
I didn't call you a redneck at all.

I'm talking about the guy who punched him.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:37 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My argument was never that he's guilty. I don't care about that. I never wanted him to go to prison anyway. Too easy. He'd just be in PC the whole time.

No, I want him free and on the streets, where people like me who believe that he shot an unarmed minor while losing a fair fight can see him. Frankly, a short prison sentence for manslaughter would've been far too easy. He would've been seen as a man who paid his debt, and he would've been left alone. He'd have been forgiven for what happened...or at least forgotten.

No, I like it this way better. I knew all along that not getting found guilty and letting him go free would eventually be his downfall. One, because he's an idiot. Two because he's a magnet for trouble, and three, because he's soft as cheese spread.

I mean, he should be safe around white people for the most part, but even they've got no sympathy for him, as evidenced by that sock in the face. None of his post-trial altercations have been with black folks. Think about it.

And surely, you all swore up and down that blacks would go after him with a vengeance. But nope...we're letting his own people put that work in for us. They're doing a good job too.

A punch here, a gunshot there, an arrest from time to time...it's all working out pretty well. To me anyway.
All is good as long as you are in your happy place, cupcake.

GZ received a fair trial and based on the evidence received the correct verdict. Doing the right thing (shooting thugs) doesn't mean your life will be perfect, but at least GZ lived to fight another day. I think everyone in the world would make the same choice he did given the situation. Like I said earlier, protect your life and worry about the fall out later.

Nothing you can do when irrational people want to convict based on their feelings. Thank God for the justice system.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
All is good as long as you are in your happy place, cupcake.

GZ received a fair trial and based on the evidence received the correct verdict. Doing the right thing (shooting thugs) doesn't mean your life will be perfect, but at least GZ lived to fight another day. I think everyone in the world would make the same choice he did given the situation. Like I said earlier, protect your life and worry about the fall out later.

Nothing you can do when irrational people want to convict based on their feelings. Thank God for the justice system.
Why do you keep trying to adjudicate the trial again with me. I already told you that I don't give a damn about that trial. Hell, I would've preferred that he didn't even go to trial. That would've made people even more furious. I was worried that they'd get him on a manslaughter beef, and he'd be out after only a few years in PC.

Forget it...he can do that standing on his head. That's nothing.

You all banked on him having white support since killing black teen boys isn't exactly unpopular in that segment of the population. But as it turned out, he doesn't. Most whites see him as a weasel who lost a fight that he started.

The only white support he has is with a few whites like yourself, that see the shooting as comforting. Zimmerman is the proof you needed that you could actually confront a black kid, get your arse handed to you (definitely what would happen), then you could shoot him and get away with it. Before Zimmerman, you weren't so sure if you walk on the charges...and because you can't do a bid without becoming merchandise in exchange for cigs and Top Ramen, you didn't wanna risk it.

But now, it doesn't seem so risky. And for that, you have Zimmerman to thank.

So I get why you support him. And I'm fine with it.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:01 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Zimmie changed the bar for cops.

They all get away with murder now days.
When did GZ become a cop?

And cops have been murdering folks since the beginning of time.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:04 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why do you keep trying to adjudicate the trial again with me. I already told you that I don't give a damn about that trial. Hell, I would've preferred that he didn't even go to trial. That would've made people even more furious. I was worried that they'd get him on a manslaughter beef, and he'd be out after only a few years in PC.

Forget it...he can do that standing on his head. That's nothing.

You all banked on him having white support since killing black teen boys isn't exactly unpopular in that segment of the population. But as it turned out, he doesn't. Most whites see him as a weasel who lost a fight that he started.

The only white support he has is with a few whites like yourself, that see the shooting as comforting. Zimmerman is the proof you needed that you could actually confront a black kid, get your arse handed to you (definitely what would happen), then you could shoot him and get away with it. Before Zimmerman, you weren't so sure if you walk on the charges...and because you can't do a bid without becoming merchandise in exchange for cigs and Top Ramen, you didn't wanna risk it.

But now, it doesn't seem so risky. And for that, you have Zimmerman to thank.

So I get why you support him. And I'm fine with it.
You seem to advocate vigilante justice based on your feelings. Luckily we have places for people that actually act on their feelings - it's called prison. Perhaps GZ is actually doing society a favor by getting some of these folks off the streets and adding to their criminal record for future sentencing.

Who is "you all" - are you inferring that white people are a monolithic race that will simply get behind someone because they're white? In a prosperous society, people get behind the law and the right to a fair trial - I believe the overwhelming majority of whites are in that camp.

Your posts are becoming more and more disturbingly racist. My opinion - you should seek counseling because you seem to be in a worse place than GZ.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
People are furious that they can't provide a convincing argument for GZ's guilt. LOL
They couldn't get him in a court of law so they need to harp on the case to make sure the court of public opinion stays anti-GZ.

All for a clear case of two morons meeting up on a dark rainy night and nature taking its course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies