Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 03:51 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
you answered your own response.

most blacks dont believe the country will be able to make changes needed to bring racial equality to begin with, so most would not believe blm is going to be a difference maker.

i dont see blm as that type of movement anyways.

So, let's see if I have this right -- if BLM fails to meet its agenda of demands, its not because its an ineffectual institution with an unworkable strategy, its because the rest of the country isn't capable of making changes in social justice?

If educated blacks, who are presumably in the best position to determine and advance what is in Black Americans' interests, don't have full faith in the Movement, should white liberals be so eager to take up the BLM banner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 03:54 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,433 times
Quote:
40 percent of whites support blm. stop twisting and contorting yourself.

strongly and somewhat support is still supporting at the end of the day.

what we do know is the only group in mass that opposes blm, are republicans.

republicans are white males.

white males, specifically conservative white males, do not like black people.

Republicans are white males? You mean like Bernie Sanders?

And conservative white males don't like black people? You mean black people like Dr. Carson? Or Larry Elder? Or Hermann Cain or Colin Powell or Condi Rice?

... Radio a message to us when you re-enter the Earths atmosphere.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:01 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
right.

and look at the break down of whites by party.

64-8 dems support blm.
42-25 independents support blm.

20-62 republicans against blm.

republicans are white males for the most part, and are the main ones who back cops, even when they are wrong most times and are the ones always downplaying criminal justice reform.

the truth is most conservative white males do not like black people, period.

i was convinced of that when not one conservative white male on here would admit dylann roof is a racist.
Dylan Roof is mentally ill. Is he racist? Those kinds of labels tend to hurt the actions we need to take to address mental illness in this country.

Blacks are treated unfairly in our criminal justice system. The mentally ill are allowed to fall through the cracks in the system and not get the treatment they need. Pointing fingers will not solve either problem. It only keeps people divided. Yes, this should not be but it is.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:03 PM

455 posts, read 283,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
So, let's see if I have this right -- if BLM fails to meet its agenda of demands, its not because its an ineffectual institution with an unworkable strategy, its because the rest of the country isn't capable of making changes in social justice?

If educated blacks, who are presumably in the best position to determine and advance what is in Black Americans' interests, don't have full faith in the Movement, should white liberals be so eager to take up the BLM banner?
one group alone isnt going to change whats going on.

i think blm focuses mainly on police issues and how white cops react when dealing with blacks vs whites, reiterating the fact that black lives matters.

major social movements like the civil rights era with king, etc. is something much more grandiose.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Dylan Roof is mentally ill. Is he racist? Those kinds of labels tend to hurt the actions we need to take to address mental illness in this country.

Blacks are treated unfairly in our criminal justice system. The mentally ill are allowed to fall through the cracks in the system and not get the treatment they need. Pointing fingers will not solve either problem. It only keeps people divided. Yes, this should not be but it is.

calling roof mentally ill is a form of white privilege as it humanizes roof.

when has anyone called a black murderer of white people mentally ill.

the black murderer is a savage, an animal, and worse.

whites, specifically conservative white males, coddle there murderers, try to humanize them and dehumanize the black victims in the process.

roof is not mentally ill.

roof is an animal. a savage white racist male who gunned down 9 blacks in church who should be dead already.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:14 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,121 times
I agree that the civil rights movement of the '60s was a much larger and more significant force. Don't get me wrong, there is value in peaceful public protest. But there is a point when tactics become so obnoxious that the group itself becomes the media focus, and the original goal of swaying broad public opinion is lost; the BLMers end up preaching to the choir, 'cause that's the only people left who don't hate them on sight.

I thought one of the more interesting conclusions of the Pew Poll was that racism was viewed by both whites and blacks as being more of an individual problem than a systemic one. If that is the case, then IMO mass "in your face" protests become less relevant.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I agree that the civil rights movement of the '60s was a much larger and more significant force. Don't get me wrong, there is value in peaceful public protest. But there is a point when tactics become so obnoxious that the group itself becomes the media focus, and the original goal of swaying broad public opinion is lost; the BLMers end up preaching to the choir, 'cause that's the only people left who don't hate them on sight.
there tactics get them national headlines and get people talking.

according to that poll, most people are ok with it.

as i said, the only ones you see complaining about it are conservative white males, who dont like blacks anyways so who cares what they think.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:21 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
calling roof mentally ill is a form of white privilege as it humanizes roof.
He is a human. You are no better than those you rail against. As much as you want it to not be so, he is human.

Quote:
when has anyone called a black murderer of white people mentally ill.
HOUSTON, Texas — The man charged in the shooting of a Houston sheriff’s deputy was found three years ago to be mentally unfit to stand trial on a separate case, and was ordered committed for evaluation, according to court documents.

Houston deputy shooting: Shannon Miles had mental evaluation | MSNBC

ACCUSED DEPUTY KILLER FOUND INCOMPETENT TO STAND TRIAL

Accused deputy killer found incompetent to stand trial | abc13.com

Quote:
the black murderer is a savage, an animal, and worse.
Unfortunately so for some very sad pathetic individuals. There may be some mental illness lurking there also.

Quote:
whites, specifically conservative white males, coddle there murderers, try to humanize them and dehumanize the black victims in the process.
Generalizations are a waste of time and never interest me.

Quote:
roof is not mentally ill.

roof is an animal. a savage white racist male who gunned down 9 blacks in church who should be dead already.
Sorry, I have to apologize to the others posting here. I thought you were serious and after serious discussion. You are only interested in trolling.

I've made my point and I will now leave it at that.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:36 PM

coddle away pknopp

Old 08-11-2016, 08:21 PM

39,843 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:

White liberals aren't as intelligent as educated, professional blacks. No surprise there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies