U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 08:42 AM

21,369 posts, read 12,810,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Mormon culture in UTAH?

people who throw stones?? we have our own issues and they are the same problems-- they say__ they want to destroy us !! yet you the first to pick up a weapon-- you have distaste for the people no different from them having one of ours. whose the radical?? because many of both sides-get along just fine and have for long time-

the fight is over resources, money, and power- seriously men's egos- and the dumb women that follow them,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 08:18 PM

5,722 posts, read 4,672,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This shows the value of women in Islam. But Democrats (and even some Republicans) criticized Trump for his comments about Mrs. Khan not being allowed to speak. Trump was right. Women have no rights in Islam.
Oh, many Muslims certainly (and unfortunately) have backwards views. Indeed, the problem is when one is making hasty generalizations about all Muslims.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:19 PM

5,722 posts, read 4,672,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
She was on the verge of being an old maid in that society.
Yep. Indeed, it's certainly an extremely massive shame that such practices still exist anywhere worldwide right now.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:25 PM

4,491 posts, read 1,749,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Why do we import these people into western civilization ???

I guess this is just repeating the story of Muhammad in the Quran ...

Girl, six, is forced to marry 55-year-old man in exchange for a GOAT being given to her father in Afghanistan* | Daily Mail Online
Are we bringing in many immigrants from Afghanistan? I've not heard that we were bringing in any more than we'd normally do, which isn't that many to begin with. Feel free to prove me wrong on that. But it's important that you understand that not every country in the Middle East is culturally the same. Just as the US and France are both liberal democracies in the Western world, no person would ever view them as being the same. No informed person, anyway.

Afghanistan is a ****ed up nation, though. I'd say it's among the absolute worst. Up there with Iran and Saudi Arabia (our allies...).

Old 08-07-2016, 11:05 PM

7,281 posts, read 9,137,605 times
U
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Why do we import these people into western civilization ???

I guess this is just repeating the story of Muhammad in the Quran ...

Girl, six, is forced to marry 55-year-old man in exchange for a GOAT being given to her father in Afghanistan* | Daily Mail Online
Because according to Hillary, girls aren't yet women and thus aren't entitled to women's rights?

Besides, Bill treated her like a dog and a dog is only slihhtly up from a goat so what is the problem?

Old 08-07-2016, 11:19 PM

14,666 posts, read 15,507,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This is what happens in cultures that consider female humans to be property. This is one of the fundamental changes that Islam will have to make if they have any desire to be respected.
Good point. Maybe in a hundred years give or take.

In the mean time, let them get up to date in their own nations. Or Europe.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:22 PM

11,087 posts, read 7,192,260 times
In Idaho, there's a case of 8 year Syrian boys attacking a 5 year old American girl.

The joys of Obama's policies coming to a neighborhood near you.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:29 PM

41,479 posts, read 52,377,338 times
I hope the 8 year old boys are in some form of juvenile prison at great cost to their parents.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:10 PM

8,232 posts, read 6,351,781 times
Was that a good deal? I'm rusty on my goatonomics.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:14 PM

5,341 posts, read 2,852,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Was that a good deal? I'm rusty on my goatonomics.
goat provides food and milk. The girl provides sex for old man. Dad was not benefiting from her. So he traded her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or