Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 07:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Our current generation of irrisponsible and uber sensitive college kids should learn the lessons that this student learned. In fact, Obama and Hillary could learn something from this kid. Of course if Obama had worked at McDonalds before becoming president he might have been a much better president.

https://www.prageru.com/courses/life...onalds-college
I learned more "life skills" working various jobs while I was in college so I agree with her.

[]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 07:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
You can learn to network and play politics on the job which will give you a FAR Greater advantage at promotions in the workplace than College will these days sadly. College will give you knowledge and education but won't get you hired or promoted or even INTERVIEWED. 9 times out of 10 you have to network your way even into a job interview

Networking/Politics are more viable skills today in the workplace than education, value, skills, knowledge etc.

I think I could have a Ph.D and still struggle to establish a large pool of job opportunities without knowing people/networking that could hook me up with a job.

Its a much different world today. The things that SHOULD matter comes last on the list when it comes to get hired. You're better off spending your time networking/buttkissing etc. Than you ar(e thinking gaining valuable skills will get your promoted or hired today.

For the most part, I don't even believe hiring managers/employers even care about the value you bring. They want drinking/Golfing buddies. Someone they can hang out with

It appears the *I've been wronged time and time again and only butt kissers get ahead club* from the Work and Employment forum is alive and well.

Like I've posted many times before - if a group of you feel you've been passed by at every job, maybe it's you, because most managers can see through the butt kissers and would never promote them.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:17 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Maybe the Republicans can run a McDonalds employee for president in 2020 - - a real outsider who has the real world experiences that those in ivory towers don't have.
Yes, that would be an improvement over Obama. Good idea.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:23 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:
Yes, that would be an improvement over Obama. Good idea.
For the average idiot Republican, I don't doubt for a second that they feel that way. Hell, it's basically what your side is running this year.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Which fast food joint do you apply to in order to learn open heart surgery?

That noted, my point is that while there is some validity to her point it's an incredibly simplistic one.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
For the average idiot Republican, I don't doubt for a second that they feel that way. Hell, it's basically what your side is running this year.
I'm not a Republican. But keep kissing Obama's ass if it makes you feel better.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:29 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,071,861 times
The only thing you learn at McDonalds is the importance of getting a decent education. It's the first job for a person interested in a life of menial labour, no matter how young and smart they think they are.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Which fast food joint do you apply to in order to learn open heart surgery?

That noted, my point is that while there is some validity to her point it's an incredibly simplistic one.
Which fast food joint did Obama work at to learn any business skills? None? Yes, it is simplistic but Obama missed out on that training.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Which fast food joint did Obama work at to learn any business skills? None? Yes, it is simplistic but Obama missed out on that training.
I support this sort of training but it's not a replacement for a good education. I'm not sure where Obama is relevant here.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I support this sort of training but it's not a replacement for a good education. I'm not sure where Obama is relevant here.
He is relevant because he has never had a real job. So he knows nothing about the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies