Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2016, 08:34 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,083,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
This is going to make you laugh, but you remember when you used to hang out on the current events forum? I didn't realize that you were actually assigned to a unit specializing in marijuana. I thought you were a regular beat cop that had lost his mind and developed an obsession
I am retired from road duty..thirty plus years..I went back as a retired annuitant specifically to work on marijuana programs because of what happened in our area last year. I was only too happy to do so...two years prior to that I worked in legislation successfully enacting the granny twelve plant law it has had a huge positive effect in my community. I heartily suggest any propoter get on board so that their sacred plant isn't legislated away from them.

Today we learn the kids aren't taking care of their hearts.. less than 50 percent of boys and 33 percent of girls get enough exercise ..maintain healthy weights, maintain acceptable glucose and chl levels... smoking and lack of exercise being a huge issue
Now we introduce a drug en masse into our world with the drumbeat by propoters that mj is so benign. So good for you...

Imagine ten years from now what it's going to be like as these children who are now young adults and have embraced mj as acceptable because of the din now.Before granny twelve plant was enacted it was growing right behind the baseball backstop at the local high school... Did the grower care ..heck no... After granny twelve plant was enacted the grow was pulled...and the renter grower fled... That's the kind of behavior I get to address . My area was selected as a test bed for a drone overwatch program because of need and airspace availability. My work now is focused on the MIS program. We no longer have to have a Blackhawk flying over our forest areas and risky residential locations to identify grows.. all outdoor grows are now illegal
The software I worked on the last year specifically identify marijuana and flags it as a hit. Using GIS and gps the locations are flagged for inspection and destruction.There is then another part of the process I'm no longer involved it..but suffice to say the results of my work..and the work of some very talented engineers... Is streamlining the process saving money and heartbeats and potentially lives. Real time video of evidentiary quality is captured for potential prosecution
Think mj users have any responsibility for this

You betcha... They are fully responsible for every reaction to their sick behavior

City data potproponents get their panties all balled up... I laugh.. real action is what I get to do and have great satisfaction in being good at

Last edited by notmeofficer; 08-13-2016 at 09:12 AM..

Old 08-13-2016, 09:55 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,677 times
I so look forward to legalization, when all that crap you just posted won't be necessary anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Imagine ten years from now what it's going to be like as these children who are now young adults and have embraced mj as acceptable because of the din now.
Cannabis was embraced as acceptable long ago. The problems you see in California are a result of prohibition, because the antiquated laws have not yet caught up with society.

As you already know, I have been using it for over 40 years. Please remind me again of all the physical ills I am supposed to be suffering, and all societal ills I am supposed to be causing? I will be sure to watch for them over the next ten years.

Last edited by Raddo; 08-13-2016 at 11:12 AM..

Old 08-13-2016, 10:33 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
Quote:
The software I worked on the last year specifically identify marijuana and flags it as a hit. Using GIS and gps the locations are flagged for inspection and destruction.There is then another part of the process I'm no longer involved it..but suffice to say the results of my work..and the work of some very talented engineers... Is streamlining the process saving money and heartbeats and potentially lives. Real time video of evidentiary quality is captured for potential prosecution

Think mj users have any responsibility for this
Actually, yes. Geographers - of whom GIS professionals are part - are big time pot smokers. The same is true for software developers.

And believe it or not, many of them can compose sentences as if they had some kind of education; not something you can say about the anti-weed crusaders.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:22 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,677 times
Quote:
Before granny twelve plant was enacted it was growing right behind the baseball backstop at the local high school... Did the grower care ..heck no... After granny twelve plant was enacted the grow was pulled...and the renter grower fled...
You know, for someone who is so pro-prohibition, you sure are good at torpedoing your own cause.

Look at what you wrote. It was illegal, and growing at the local high school. So then you partially LEGALIZED IT by enacting a law that enables people to legally grow their own. Then the grow and the grower went away.

As many, many others have told you, the kind of problems you love to fight will go away as legalization continues to spread.

Maybe that explains why you are so much for continuing with prohibition. You don't want to have to stop being a drug warrior.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:28 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
There will be "craft grows" like there are craft breweries
There already are thousands and thousands of craft grows in both legal and illegal states.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:

There is a negative story everyday in my community involving marijuana.
I have never seen
Potheads deliver care baskets to old folks home regularly
Mj folks donate to Peace officers memorial
Propoters fund after school programs for disadvantaged kids

As a matter of fact I have never seen any propoters do anything..ever..to improve their community
Wow! You really should move to a better community. I see all of those good things in my community. I was just talking with a "pro poter" friend yesterday that drives seniors to their doctor appointments.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Not all police are drug warriors. A good percentage are ok with it being decriminalized/legalized
Yes. More than just a few.

LEAP | Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Old 08-13-2016, 03:36 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I so look forward to legalization, when all that crap you just posted won't be necessary anymore...

Cannabis was embraced as acceptable long ago. The problems you see in California are a result of prohibition, because the antiquated laws have not yet caught up with society.

As you already know, I have been using it for over 40 years. Please remind me again of all the physical ills I am supposed to be suffering, and all societal ills I am supposed to be causing? I will be sure to watch for them over the next ten years.
California is voting this November on legalizing it recreationally. Will be interesting to see some of notmeofficers posts if it passes. And at a guess I would suspect its got decent odds.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:45 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,332 times
Quote:
A person doesn't need to damage themselves to determine a substance isn't good for them.
Getting high once in a while isn't damage, you ninny.
Quote:
For many people who are young there are watershed moments of clarity in life...
That is true. I will never forget watching Baby Snakes, high, at age 16 and realizing "anything can be music." I thought about that for weeks. It was a revelation that has informed my enjoyment of art for a quarter century.
Quote:
Perhaps you could have been an astronaut... President... a spiritual leader of great wealth to others in the world...
First of all, I'm pretty sure our past three Presidents partook of the splendor of cannabis here and there. Second, the most influential "spiritual" leaders for me include Terence McKenna and Alan Watts, who certainly were open-minded enough to at times revel in temporarily altered brain chemistry. Third, you're ignoring that perhaps those who abstained could have been more understanding, more genteel, more compassionate people had they opened their minds a little using the toolkit of exogenous molecules.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
My area was selected as a test bed for a drone overwatch program because of need and airspace availability. My work now is focused on the MIS program. We no longer have to have a Blackhawk flying over our forest areas and risky residential locations to identify grows.. all outdoor grows are now illegal
Sounds like spying. Must make you feel really good to spy on your fellow Americans. And all to fight a simple plant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies