Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 01:20 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,252,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
...the neurological effects of pot, exercise and yoga are nearly identical. It all comes down to dopamine and seratonin and their analogs with only marginal differences in the relative concentrations.
Bingo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
...no one would admit to doing exercise for altering their consciousness.
I do intense exercise mainly for the feeling. I could get by without it, physically, but I like the feeling of flying across the ground, wearing myself out almost to the point of chest-bursting, the heavy tiredness that sets in, and the refreshing feeling after re-carbing / re-hydrating and getting a good cool shower.

If I've been playing basketball at the park, I notice when I get in the car that music has slowed down to maybe 70% of the speed I "normally" experience it at (which also reminds me that we EACH experience music and time and color and taste and tactile sensations at different speeds and intensities). It is not unlike the sensation I get from a low dose of an Indica strain of cannabis.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:50 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,068,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
In your case a pathological need to control people, an extreme phobia about altered perceptions and the idea that 'reality' is a personal construct within each brain, and a maniacal need to fight a culture war against a perceived hated enemy. Probably the most memorable and enjoyable and blissful day my girlfriend and I spent together was when we tripped on 4-AcO-DMT. It was like traveling to a different dimension as partners, and it was unspeakably wonderful and achingly memorable. I would wish for the whole world to be able to experience such beauty and peace.

What I object to in your words is the totalitarian nature of them. You basically draw no distinction between a) somebody who over-uses cannabis, meaning it affects their life negatively, b) somebody who uses cannabis daily but doesn't let it become negative, c) somebody who uses cannabis once every 3-5 weeks as a way to relax and get away and enjoy the senses, and d) somebody who might use cannabis casually a few times a year. Nope, all the same to you. But the truth is cannabis is just a molecule that can be used as a tool. It can be used or it can be abused. There is a huge variety of strains, dosages, potencies, usage patterns, routes of administration, mindset and setting, etc. just represented by cannabis alone. Yet you cast your net wide to cover EVERYTHING.

Cannabis can be destructive and a negative and injurious to relationships (just like any number of activities, worldviews, choices, actions, chemicals, etc.). OR it can be positive and increase bonding and enchantment. Information is what is key. Give people clear, unbiased information so they can choose for themselves whether it's right for them, and so that if they choose to try it they're armed with facts. The spreading of fear-based propaganda and the preaching of relentless abstinence are anti-information and anti-intellectual pursuits. That is NOT what we need. On what basis would anyone believe anything you say on this topic? You're basically pulling platitudes out of the air here. It's laughable. I mean, it's not some great revelation that I've just discovered here, we've pretty much known this stuff for a very long time. Your flaw is in thinking (without any direct experience of your own) that cannabis somehow removes "specialness." No, no it doesn't, and I have no clue why you would think that. It's quite the opposite, in fact. Source: direct experience.Because it is an enhancer. Humans seek altered perception, and have been doing so for eons. Small children enjoy altered perception. So do many non-human animals. You don't win some kind of medal for gritting it out and never changing the way your brain processes information. Why are you so afraid? Now you're just making things up to suit your weird narrative. It's cannabis, not Zolpidem or Oxycontin. Strong Sativa is energizing and invigorating.

Attention to detail is something that over use of pot certainly affects users

Yes it's cannabis... Now ten to thirty times stronger than thirty years ago...and in the case of honey oil the cocaine of cannabiz

You might want to go back and reread my personal distinctions of pot users
Occasional user
Pothead
Doper
These are very distinct classes in my opinion

A user can function well..might make errors in judgement..but certainly is functional

Pothead.. a frequent user of mj ..whose use affects his/ her daily existence to some extent. Generally **** alcoholics they deny any affectation from their drug use.

Doper..the 10-15 percenters who are substantially affected by the mj use. . who have damaged their formative brains because of it ...with lower iq ...who are substantially psychologically addicted to it..experience withdrawal agitations..have altered blood pressures and heart rates ... have reduced respiratory function... have altered sexual function...Don't do well in work environments that require any input other than being a body standing there..there's a whole lot more..these are just some basics

So... In my description of pot users which one are you?...it seems to me you overtly express some pretty extensive drug use..and how positive it is for you..would that be a fair statement?

Old 08-19-2016, 03:23 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,252,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
These are very distinct classes in my opinion.
Really... yet you call everyone a "pothead":
Quote:
Sorry potheads...
You say any drug use makes one a "lesser being":
Quote:
The truth is your marijuana use... or any drug... makes you a lesser being...
You make sweeping absolutist statements:
Quote:
All drug behavior is damaging... check
All drugs harm the user in some way... check
All drugs remove the user from reality... check
You state that being associated with someone who uses cannabis makes somebody a "pothead":
Quote:
Swimming with potheads makes people one themself...
You imply anyone who uses cannabis is addicted and destined to become a ward of the state and suck taxpayer money for health expenses:
Quote:
Will we pay for your health issues because of drug addiction and use...
Here you are lumping any cannabis use into one "stoned" bucket:
Quote:
getting stoned is getting stoned...
Here's where you put "all drug use" into one "abhorrent behavior" bucket:
Quote:
...the abhorrent behavior that comes with drug use... all drug use...
You confess an absolute intolerance for the molecules themselves:
Quote:
I hate all drugs...
Here you are describing the fear that goes along with your paranoia (and ignorance):
Quote:
Most folks are afraid of people who seek a life immersed in drugs...
Here you make another absolutist statement:
Quote:
As a matter of fact I have never seen any propoters do anything... ever... to improve their community...
But of course you have -- they just don't wear it on their shirts. Lots and lots of people use drugs now and then or have used drugs, and they're often just normal people. And a lot of them don't seek to control everyone else.

Here you are claiming there's no such thing as responsibility and moderation:
Quote:
Responsible drug use... Oxymoron...
And finally, here's your classification scale, where you nevertheless try to paint a false dichotomy whereby anyone who is either a 1 or a 2 or a 3 on your scale could never practice "conscious living":
Quote:
Are you a user? Pothead? Doper? Or practice sobriety and conscious living?
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
So... In my description of pot users which one are you?...
I have sufficiently described what I do.

Quote:
It seems to me you overtly express some pretty extensive drug use... and how positive it is for you... would that be a fair statement?
I am a psychonaut. I am highly interested in theories of mind, neuroscience texts, explorations of our perception of energy and matter, the root of consciousness, the epistemology of conscious experience, brain-computer interfaces, virtual reality, dream states, cognitive theories and neural systems, the instantiation of general intelligence in "machines," anthropic mechanisticism, various transhumanist heuristics, digital physics and neurology, etc.

Neither my body nor my mind comprise a temple. I view various molecules as tools (have I said this before?) for achieving an effect. None are inherently good or evil, it's just chemistry. I view my use of various molecules as a form of limited empirical research. It is, after all, MY brain. I research the hell out of things prior to usage and document the hell out of my experiences. I can remain objective while experiencing ecstasy.

I have had terrifying experiences with, for instance, Salvia D, but I still use it from time to time, because a) whether it produces terror or delight, it's always fascinating, b) I'm able to view my experiences with a certain objective detachment, and c) I don't believe that everything that is good for you is pleasant. Salvinorin A (the active constituent in Salvia Divinorum) and THC are two different molecular constructions that produce markedly different effects on the chemistry of the brain. Neither is bad nor good. Neither, however, should be used in an ill-educated or callous manner. And, in my opinion, educated and responsible and moderate usage should not be punishable by theft or kidnapping.

It's hard to express, but there's always an intellectual element to my enjoyment of different states whether induced using just the enogenous chemicals in my brain or adding exogenous chemicals to the mix -- I enjoy experiencing what the brain has to offer in terms of its own new ways to perceive time and space.

I made this thread: Hallucinogenic Drugs - what do you think?

-------------------------------------------------------

So, there you have it. You and I are as diametrically opposed on a topic as two people could possibly get. We are natural enemies.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 08-19-2016 at 04:01 PM..

Old 08-19-2016, 03:43 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,750,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
to notmeofficer:
So, there you have it. You and I are as diametrically opposed on a topic as two people could possibly get. We are natural enemies.
...the difference is that only one of you is rational, while the other is being dishonest and deceptive, which makes his views diametrically opposed to anyone with a brain.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:58 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,627,497 times
Quote:
Well creeper... There you go following me around again...and there you are wrong again... But keep up your stalking.

I have the experience of several different agencies
And more time than the poser times three...

And yes I'm retired from patrol now... But after taking it easy for two years I'm back ( and guess what I was doing in my two years away) ..working directly on the MIS project supporting camp...getting my thirty hours a week... Still hold my 830 stalker so if youre a doper here I can absolutely hook you...but... There are plenty of young guns who would get their rocks off doing that and I'm ok sharing the wealth..there are more than enough dirtbags for a platoon of hard chargers

It just pisses you off that I'm successful targeting your magic weed while you chit chat on the internet... As a creepy stalker you also know I was one of the authors of granny twelve plant..and it frosts someone like you that someone like me was able to get it on the ballot and get it voted on by the vast majority of the voting public..after all I did invest two years of my life into it improving my community while someone like you perhaps just toked up and crept around..

Did you know granny twelve plant withstood successfully a challenge in front of the ninth?... oh yes it did... and that is incredibly satisfying that such a solid job was done legally writing it by very talented people that the most liberal court in the country upheld it.And do you know many counties in California have used it as a model for their own granny plant laws...go look..how about border to border
This is all on dopers...every single aspect of stoner behavior that created this law out of necessity .

To the poster whose voluminous answer about how great mj is for you ..and you sharing your drugged experience of living I can only feel complete sadness for you..it doesn't mean I should enable you or even try to understand your demons..
. For there are many..but you should seek professional help to get control of your life and your drug use ..it obviously affects you and by default those around yThts talk about the project I'm currently on..paid for by a grant of your tax dollars... The MIS system... When I first started on it months ago I knew very little about electronic monitoring... Now I know everything one would want to know... And with the fervor that I have and any expertise I can apply I look forward to it being used by many agencies in the West, especially cash strapped smaller agencies. It's currently has a program default for larger grows but the parameters are field changeable. It's accurate enough to spot just a couple of plants.. but again we don't use it for that. Your tax dollars also paid for me to go to drone school at a local air force Base..along with technicians from all over California.. I don't profess to be an expert drone driver compared to some extent mil operators but I can certainly get it over your field and do all the magic needed... I don't profess to be an expert in gis.. but I can make a map with all the layers bmnecesssry to withstand legal scrutiny... These documents and the MIS software which were beta I expect to be hardened and fully functionsl by early 2017... Just in time for potential legalization

I'm also working on a dial a snitch program..my description. ,( Similar to secret witness).to replace the written document currently used for mj complaints. In the near future this will all be done online. This came about because of cases of stalking and harassment of reporting parties.. similar to what creeper does on here.most people are reticent to complain about mj because getting targeted by dopers is a hassle at best and dangerous at worst.

Legalization of pot won't change any of this...except that we are projected to get vastly greater monies..enough that we will be able to fund several positions like mine...and a vastly expanded school resource officer program. The local departments which are currently test beds will get monies for permanent installations along with support and maintenance personnel.

I'm used to being targeted by drug fueled folks..goes with the territory...even creepy ones
So you admit to retiring and being approved for a disability pension with benefits, and then taking another leo position collecting a salary while also receiving your pension and benefits that went into effect back in 1994?

Folks, this guy is a excellent example of why states are having massive budget problems. He loves that big government teat.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:05 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,750,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I know he is a retired LEO. I am an active 10 year LEO. Yep he is a nut on the cannabis issue
Thank you for not being a power-hungry nutcase like the OP. Cops get a lot of hate out there especially these days and it's because of cops like the OP, and not cops like yourself.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:06 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,627,497 times
Quote:
I'm also working on a dial a snitch program..my description. ,( Similar to secret witness).to replace the written document currently used for mj complaints. In the near future this will all be done online. This came about because of cases of stalking and harassment of reporting parties.. similar to what creeper does on here.most people are reticent to complain about mj because getting targeted by dopers is a hassle at best and dangerous at worst.
Good for you. Go nuts. I live 3000 miles away from you.

Why do you think anyone here would care about that, LOL? California's legalizing in November.

Last edited by jburress; 08-19-2016 at 11:35 PM..

Old 08-19-2016, 11:15 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,177,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
So you admit to retiring and being approved for a disability pension with benefits, and then taking another leo position collecting a salary while also receiving your pension and benefits that went into effect back in 1994?

Folks, this guy is a excellent example of why states are having massive budget problems. He loves that big government teat.
He has no room to call anyone creepy when his almost cult like, fanatical obsession with a plant that has been on this Earth a lot longer than he has, or will ever be, is what runs his life. He'll never realize his full potential, as so much of it is caught up in what others are doing.

I bet there is a good sized group of the Mt.Shasta PD, and those of Redding are more down to Earth, more laid back, and I am sure that some secretly laugh at OP as an antiquated drug warrior, like a living exhibit of times gone by.

While I am all for the environmental controls, and I myself tread lightly, the fact OP NEVER acknowledges that 95% of the issues of the problems he drones on, and on, and on about, would be solved very easily by legalizing cannabis.

Horse with blinders.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:16 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,796,840 times
Quote:
.it obviously affects you and by default those around yThts talk about the project I'm currently on..paid for by a grant of your tax dollars... The MIS system... When I first started on it months ago I knew very little about electronic monitoring... Now I know everything one would want to know... And with the fervor that I have and any expertise I can apply I look forward to it being used by many agencies in the West, especially cash strapped smaller agencies. It's currently has a program default for larger grows but the parameters are field changeable. It's accurate enough to spot just a couple of plants.. but again we don't use it for that. Your tax dollars also paid for me to go to drone school at a local air force Base..along with technicians from all over California.. I don't profess to be an expert drone driver compared to some extent mil operators but I can certainly get it over your field and do all the magic needed... I don't profess to be an expert in gis.. but I can make a map with all the layers bmnecesssry to withstand legal scrutiny... These documents and the MIS software which were beta I expect to be hardened and fully functionsl by early 2017... Just in time for potential legalization

What? You best be joking although I know the way the police are I would not doubt something like that is true for someone at least. This is a waste of tax dollars. How about going on a project to help struggling people get jobs? But no you government workers are too worried about what people do with their own bodies. Where's this system to spot scammers? Where is this system to spot discriminatory employers? There are too many problems in this world and here you are ranting about something that shouldn't affect you?
People are going to smoke it anyway so what are you expecting to change? Or am I wrong? Is your boss giving you an ultimatum? They are forcing you to do this project yes? But you have disability benefits..either use those to find more work or just volunteer for something else.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:16 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,177,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Man are you sure... Because this is the second thread he's done. I swear he might just be the best troll of all time. I mean look at how long this thread went. And then go look at the other thread with the similar title. This guy knows how to troll.
While I would love to agree with you, I gotta stand by my statement.

Unless he's a glutton for punishment and/or looking like a buffoon, and that's what gets him off, I dunno, I guess there is that remote possibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies