Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 07:25 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,214,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Do YOU realize how much of the "war on drugs" is NOT marijuana but, HARD DRUGS.

To lump them together is not only disingenuous but, OUTRIGHT DECEITFUL.
I don't think that's what he was trying to do. He was pointing out the logical problem with prohibition and how much money is wasted on it (in reaction to the OP being mad that money was wasted treating people). These issues, while not exclusive to marijuana, do have relevance in this discussion, particularly the prohibition argument.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:39 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,323,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Do YOU realize how much of the "war on drugs" is NOT marijuana but, HARD DRUGS.

To lump them together is not only disingenuous but, OUTRIGHT DECEITFUL.
That is NOT true. It depends entirely on where you live.

The OP would do well in Oklahoma, where LIFE IN PRISON is the maximum penalty for growing it.

One guy in Edmond, OK lost his PAID FOR HOUSE to the thieves at the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics because ONE PLANT was discovered growing in his back yard.

Don't tell me there is no war on marijuana. They are making too much money from it. It won't go away until it is forcefully pried from the fingers of these corrupt organizations, by widespread legalization.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:49 PM

19,690 posts, read 10,028,189 times
One guy in Missouri was serving life for three counts of selling pot. The governor commuted his sentence and sent him home.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:00 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,627,700 times
The primary effect. if not the point, of the War on Drugs was to keep the drug gangs in business by supporting the price of illicit drugs by assuring scarcity. If we legalize all the currently illegal drugs starting with marijuana and proceeding the natural and artificial opiates and methamphetamines we will see the market provide more and better quality drugs for far lower prices. This will put most of the gangs out of business and reduce the need for anti drug police. The society saves both ways.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:21 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,070,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The primary effect. if not the point, of the War on Drugs was to keep the drug gangs in business by supporting the price of illicit drugs by assuring scarcity. If we legalize all the currently illegal drugs starting with marijuana and proceeding the natural and artificial opiates and methamphetamines we will see the market provide more and better quality drugs for far lower prices. This will put most of the gangs out of business and reduce the need for anti drug police. The society saves both ways.
Total bunk

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...marijuana-laws
Organized crime and cartels aren't going away...

More false narratives provided by pro dope folks

Old 08-08-2016, 06:26 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,323,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Total bunk

Yeah right. Just like they didn't go away after the repeal of alcohol prohibition in 1933?

Get with the program. Organized crime related to illegal alcohol is almost non-existent today.

Why can't we learn from history?

In the link you provided is the clue to the problem, in the very first sentence. I have bolded the key words.

Quote:
"If you combine the legalization of marijuana and you combine that there are no regulations for the legalization of marijuana outside Colorado, it becomes an attractive criminal enterprises," said Jorge Duque with the Colorado Department of Law.
Even your own quote points to the real problem: Prohibition!

Nationwide legalization will take the teeth out of the black market, including all the ills caused by the black market. Seems just about everyone except you knows that, including the Colorado Department of Law!

Last edited by Raddo; 08-08-2016 at 06:35 PM..

Old 08-08-2016, 06:30 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,255,086 times
Quote:
More false narratives provided by pro dope folks.
You've been trying to peddle your false narrative that anyone who uses any drug is some kind of immoral degenerate on the verge of mental and physical ruin for at least a couple of years now. I don't personally know anyone here in 2016 who would agree with that kind of sweeping generalization.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:20 PM

14,645 posts, read 14,554,802 times
Quote:
Sorry potheads and sympathizers

An inconvenient truth..

Drugs alter humans and diminish their existence

They create behaviors from abhorrent to criminal

Losers use drugs

Apologists seek to minimize their impact

The article is truthful

The suppositions are realistic

Yippee a whole new crop to market to at the detriment of everyone else

Potheads want everyone to think their behavior normal... The I'm ok you're ok syndrome

Surprise Colorado...your duid mj stats have gone up...who would have thought

Surprise Colorado your emergency room admissions for pot related overdoses .their language not mine..have spiked

Guess who pays..not the pothead... Joe citizen pays

Have potheads overtaken city data..no.. but most people understand the futility of talking to someone who uses and promotes drug use... The water down the hole concept...

Interesting I stayed out of this thread and the potheads, current poser drug warriors but future self proclaimed users, and apologists couldn't help themselves from attacking the truth

The truth is your marijuana use...or any drug.. makes you a lesser being and simply creates more excuses for your failures

1 800 not-dope ...get sober...even this bill is something others will have to foot

Kidnapping this morning in my area..pursuit .. crash..felony injury to others...suspect tested duid marijuana.. used it as an excuse for his criminality

Get real
Everything you state as "truth" is opinion not fact. You haven't brought any facts to the table. One fact is "drug" is a subjective term, which can be applied to any substance which alters your body chemistry. By this logic, being a coffee-drinker or sugar-addict makes you a "lesser being". I had a Mormon house mate once and even she would go straight for a bowl of ice cream after a bad day at work.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:33 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,096,916 times
Quote:
Sorry potheads and sympathizers

An inconvenient truth..

Drugs alter humans and diminish their existence

They create behaviors from abhorrent to criminal

Losers use drugs

Apologists seek to minimize their impact

The article is truthful

The suppositions are realistic

Yippee a whole new crop to market to at the detriment of everyone else

Potheads want everyone to think their behavior normal... The I'm ok you're ok syndrome

Surprise Colorado...your duid mj stats have gone up...who would have thought

Surprise Colorado your emergency room admissions for pot related overdoses .their language not mine..have spiked

Guess who pays..not the pothead... Joe citizen pays

Have potheads overtaken city data..no.. but most people understand the futility of talking to someone who uses and promotes drug use... The water down the hole concept...

Interesting I stayed out of this thread and the potheads, current poser drug warriors but future self proclaimed users, and apologists couldn't help themselves from attacking the truth

The truth is your marijuana use...or any drug.. makes you a lesser being and simply creates more excuses for your failures

1 800 not-dope ...get sober...even this bill is something others will have to foot

Kidnapping this morning in my area..pursuit .. crash..felony injury to others...suspect tested duid marijuana.. used it as an excuse for his criminality

Get real

Old 08-08-2016, 07:39 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,096,916 times
Quote:
Total bunk

Mexican drug cartels are taking full advantage of Colorado's marijuana laws - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

There's very little, if any, illegal alcohol operations. Send the marines in and squash the cartels. Put the military on the border and build the wall. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies