Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 11:27 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Again, by this logic, the only people qualified to criticize a politicians are former and current politicians. If someone who hasn't owned a business doesn't get to be critical of a business owner, then someone who's never held office can't be critical of a politician. Right?
Well you might actually be on to something there. I agree with your sentiment. If you've not walked in someone's shoes, perhaps it wouldn't hurt any of us to dial back the criticism and judgmental nature we all seem to be more than willing to hurl out.

I've heard that making legislation is kind of like making sausage. It's not a pretty sight, and not for the faint of heart, but in theory anyway, it's supposed to come out OK.

That doesn't mean I can't hold a contrary opinion to someone in business, or a politician, but let's just be aware that until you've actually accomplished/attempted something yourself, you don't always really understand what it takes to make it work.

If politicians, who've never run a for-profit business, are taking pot shots at another regarding their business acumen, perhaps that's not the role of a politician, who theoretically "serve" us....the citizens of the US. They are not our bosses, in fact, we're their bosses, and I'm not all that excited about taking business advice from someone who's experience perhaps is limited to spending someone else's money that was taken from them by mandated taxes. They are there to legislate, preferable good legislation, and then go home and let someone else take over after a few years. That hasn't worked out very well as we all know. Many, if not most politicians have been there for far to long (some for decades, both parties by the way) and have lost sight of what the private sector really is, and how "for-profit" businesses really work.

All government really is, is a huge "non-profit" enterprise. A necessary one, but none the less, let's call a spade a spade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 11:27 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I've literally been saying anyone can criticize anyone for anything so long as they understand that in doing so, they themselves are now open to criticism then you tell me this a few pages later acting like you're the one teaching me a lesson?
I couldn't care less about some silly debate on who's teaching who a lesson.

Quote:
No, Hillary's never created a job and I don't expect her to. Nor would I expect Trump to if he's elected.
Trump has already created jobs that have put thousands to work. Hillary is beholden to inept Obama policy.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:15 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
WE have a Canadian designer selling beautiful silk "Dump Trump" ties. They are made in Italy at present but he is looking for a US tie maker to produce these selling out ties!

Canadian clothier sells

As for HRC having never created a job, she has never claimed to be a business person. I have been listening to the right wing crow for years that politicians don't and should not create jobs!!! That is the job of the private sector, so they say over and over again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies