Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 12:59 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Are you saying his points in the threads aren't true?
You're saying it; not I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Polygamy is seen as oppressive to women.

In India, Muslims are the only communicate that can legally have upto 4 wives and brides below the legal age limit. Muhammad had like 9 wives at any one time, multiple sex slaves and a 9 year old child bride. A good Muslim follows the example of Muhammad.
Allah forgive me, but that last statement is bull****. A good Muslim follows the Most High. That's the same premise in any religion. Ever heard of a thing called "idolatry"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 01:04 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
You're saying it; not I.

Allah forgive me, but that last statement is bull****. A good Muslim follows the Most High. That's the same premise in any religion. Ever heard of a thing called "idolatry"?
The Quran says Muhammad is the perfect human being and an example for Muslims to follow for all times.

Old 08-09-2016, 02:52 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Just for this one religion and culture, the Democrats turn into rabid conservatives and Republicans become the liberals.

Instead of supporting the Women, LGBT, and Minorities within Muslim countries who want to have Gay Pride Parades, Sl*t walk, wear a bikini, etc., the Democrats find myriad excuses to support the morality enforcers.
I am one liberal extremist and Democrat who does not support Muslim restrictions on women, and don't agree that Muslim countries throw gay people off cliffs or dangle them from cranes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Not true at all. The Dems I've seen posting here, including myself, are object to a) people who want to force women to wear OR remove hijab as if they were children who cannot make their own decisions and b) people who paint an entire religious or ethnic group with a broad brush.
I am a Democrat that is critical of Islam for ducking its collective responsibility to reign in its violent elements. Their criticism of violence with a Muslim connection is typically but not always quite weak.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:00 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
That appears obvious.

Like you, I enjoy the games and don't care about attire.
They look as foolish as nuns wearing Habits, while playing volleyball.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:03 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
They look as foolish as nuns wearing Habits, while playing volleyball.
The German team like two prostitutes flaunting their assets.

Different culture, different view. Neither is better.

Respect their culture and respect yours!

Old 08-09-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
The Quran says Muhammad is the perfect human being and an example for Muslims to follow for all times.
Once again, I am not Muslim. Most people here aren't Muslim or subscribe to the notion of Islam. Go talk to a Muslim as it would be more productive.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:12 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The German team like two prostitutes flaunting their assets.

Different culture, different view. Neither is better.

Respect their culture and respect yours!
Can't respect an inferior culture that produces nothing but Islamic Republics lost in the 7th century. Have fun living in Saudi in thier equivalent culture. Some times you have to call a fool a fool.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Can't respect an inferior culture that produces nothing but Islamic Republics lost in the 7th century. Some times you have to call a fool a fool.
Once again, that's your opinion. Billions of people would disagree with you.

Personally, I don't care about their culture as long as they don't try to impose it on me.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:42 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
If the women playing beach volleyball made the personal choice to wear full body covering uniform to protect themselves from the sun or for personal modesty then I'd have no problem. However, this situation isn't the case. This is another case of Islamic men dictating how their property (women) should dress even if it restricts freedom of motion in an athletic competition.
Yeah men in western societies would never dictate how a woman should dress, act, reproduce, live...

Old 08-09-2016, 04:34 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,180 times
Well, for people wearing nothing in some African tribes, bikini is still too conservative and unnecessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies