Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 03:19 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

Kamau Bell
Everyone knows Bell is a comedian right ?

The link doesnt work from my phone, but i highly doubt he is being serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 03:23 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ooooooooh....somebody is butthurt.

Men commenting on the pulchritude of another man is suspect where I'm from...REAL suspect!

And the need to bring up his wife's race suggests some really strange hostility on your part. That miscegenation stuff really gets your goat, huh? I bet.

Aren't you from Texas? Oh yeah...I get it now.
Real suspect of what? Your stupidity or homophobia?

I brought up his wife's race because he has brought it up a few times in his show on CNN, I can't understand how this whole subject would upset you but don't let it get to you man.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Everyone knows Bell is a comedian right ?

The link doesnt work from my phone, but i highly doubt he is being serious.
He wasn't kidding and his show on CNN isn't a comedy show. Doubt all you want, you're wrong.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Real suspect of what? Your stupidity or homophobia?

I brought up his wife's race because he has brought it up a few times in his show on CNN, I can't understand how this whole subject would upset you but don't let it get to you man.
How is this man's wife even germane to the topic? And why is her race so important to you?

You brought that up because you don't like it. Dude...just come clean. Damn!

Old 08-08-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How is this man's wife even germane to the topic? And why is her race so important to you?

You brought that up because you don't like it. Dude...just come clean. Damn!
Jesus dude, can you not read?

"I brought up his wife's race because he has brought it up a few times in his show on CNN"

The guy only has 1 claim to fame in his entire life, he's got a show on CNN where he travels the country and points out how terrible white conservatives are. He never fails to mention his white PHD wife as if she's some get out of jail free card that excuses him from being a ignorant bigot.

He's just like you except he's somewhat wealthy and he doesn't lie all the time.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
This dude is having a Twitter battle right now over this.

Careful everyone. The last person to argue with a black person got banned! (Milo Yiannopoulos V Leslie Jones)

Old 08-08-2016, 04:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Jesus dude, can you not read?

"I brought up his wife's race because he has brought it up a few times in his show on CNN"

The guy only has 1 claim to fame in his entire life, he's got a show on CNN where he travels the country and points out how terrible white conservatives are. He never fails to mention his white PHD wife as if she's some get out of jail free card that excuses him from being a ignorant bigot.

He's just like you except he's somewhat wealthy and he doesn't lie all the time.
He's just like me how? And what did I lie about? That take my guns to work everyday and my job approves it?

Yeah...careful who you call a liar. I most certainly remember that oldie but goodie!

You didn't bring up his wife because he mentions it on his show. You really got butthurt over it! Why won't you just tell the truth?

Old 08-08-2016, 05:14 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
She's done a large number of interviews and is very active on social media. She and her parents (which is silly considering her age of 30) have been extremely vocal about her religious leanings and have actively molded her image as a Muslim athlete wearing a hijab. She was marketed and sold this way through her own participation in the narrative.
Well, given that there's a lot of Islamophobia around in society - I think it's great that she speaks out on it and calls out people who choose to denigrate and stereotype Muslims.

Unfortunately, the way your words come out is like asking a gay person to stay in the closet. Why CAN'T she say she's a Muslim?

Old 08-08-2016, 05:15 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Well at least I know who Bell is now thanks to the OP for digging this out, one nutty writer asks Phelps to give up his spot and it's the "Liburals".

Fantastic story for those that never heard this major story for the last 3 days, who knew. Get it all out of your system now.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:18 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Michael Phelps made a fine US standard bearer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies