Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 09:44 PM

50,398 posts, read 23,978,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Thanks for the info, as I don't know the demographics of his constituency, or what their feelings might be - and didn't look it up.

So he's saying this based on personal belief, on being Catholic, which is not representing what his people want. That's just maddening.

I'm Catholic and against abortion, but would never impose my beliefs on other people. I just hate that they misuse their position of power in this way.
I'm semi-Catholic, and I feel similarly. I think abortion is "not a good choice" in most situations, but I accept a woman's right to make such choices.

I just always laugh at politicians who say things like, "My constituency...", when often the constituency is split in half on an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 09:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Odd that in your view only Obama is a war time president. There are very few no-war presidents, senators, and members of the House.
I know you have read enough of my posts to know that is B.S.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:23 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,457,714 times
Quote:
I'm semi-Catholic, and I feel similarly. I think abortion is "not a good choice" in most situations, but I accept a woman's right to make such choices.

I just always laugh at politicians who say things like, "My constituency...", when often the constituency is split in half on an issue.
Well, at this point I consider myself a very lapsed Catholic - Stephen Hawking would be ahead of me in the line to be the next pope! What bothers me with Marco Rubio's statement, which even with Pope Francis in the Vatican, the church would most likely support, is that neither is willing to put their money where their mouth is. I don't see the church cutting checks to Catholic mothers who gave birth to Zika-damaged babies or Marco Rubio wanting to propose a bill to help mothers with the looming future expenses for keeping a mocrocephalic kid alive for the next 70 years. Nursing homes don't run on prayers and well-wishes! To keep a kid in a nursing home in NYC, somebody is going to have to shell out over $100,000 a year. Is the Vatican going to sell a few paintings to cover it? I think not! Neither will Marco! Pray, Pray for Rosemary's Baby!

Old 08-08-2016, 11:05 PM

50,398 posts, read 23,978,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I know you have read enough of my posts to know that is B.S.
You mentioned 1 man out of 1 president, 100 senators, and 435 members of the House.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:13 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,909,920 times
Can Marco Rubios mother still abort him?

Old 08-08-2016, 11:18 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,917,792 times
This is an extreme, extreme man.

Lets hope Alan Grayson beats this spineless empty suit for the Senate.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
You mentioned 1 man out of 1 president, 100 senators, and 435 members of the House.
In 1 Post.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:24 PM

15,483 posts, read 10,419,037 times
"Marco Rubio: women with Zika should not be allowed abortions"

Okay, apparently he's a really strict Catholic. His opinion isn't going to change the law though. It's only going to matter to one issue voters.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:46 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,457,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Marco Rubio: women with Zika should not be allowed abortions"

Okay, apparently he's a really strict Catholic. His opinion isn't going to change the law though. It's only going to matter to one issue voters.
Well, that ...and all the other issues he's wrong on! When all is said and done, Mr. "Small Hands" will pull the lever for Donald Trump. I just read a few minutes ago, Susan Collins, Maine's senator say she's not voting for Trump. She's got bigger cajones than Marco!

Old 08-09-2016, 01:16 AM

51,964 posts, read 52,413,583 times
I'm pretty fair about most things, but this subject gets me hot. Women should be allowed to do what they want with their bodies. I'm not a subscriber of that old school thinking.

I didn't know that Rubio was an idiot on this subject, I'm glad that Trump beat his dumbass. "Little Marco" is right. How dare this idiot tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies