Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 08:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
What right? Preventing the creation of massively powerful dynasties like we see in third world hellholes for one thing. People who defend crony capitalism and oligarchy in this thread claim they have the moral high ground but they are morally bankrupt. Slashing programs for the veterans, elderly people on home heating assistance programs, all to serve the super rich kids.

Ahhhh, The Jealousy Tax.

Maybe one day you too, will have super rich kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 08:19 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
People who believe there should be no inheritance tax on Americans who inherit billions simply because they were born into a wealthy family, could you please explain whats so great about creating a new aristocracy in America? Isnt America supposed to be about fairness and equal opportunities, and not economic royalists who didnt work for their wealth?
Hmm, confiscating money from her citizens simply because someone has decided that they have too much, is that what we have a government for?

Old 08-09-2016, 08:33 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Liberals worried about what happens to wealthy people's money when they die? How about focusing on what they do with it when they are alive? Like outsourcing jobs overseas? Like raiding pension funds and replacing it with worthless company stock while moving their personal money somewhere else?

Where were the liberals when all that was happening?

Old 08-09-2016, 08:35 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
The people who get this will pay zero percent in inheritance tax while you will pay 20-30 or maybe 40% on your income (both through payroll, income or sales tax). These people who did nothing to earn this wealth are laughing at people who defend this injustice. I simply dont get how ordinary working stiffs who are struggling to get by support people who laugh in their face.
The next time you go to a university or museum, you should thank the wealthy people who paid for the buildings.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:48 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
What is fair about inheritance tax?
Nothing given the person who died already paid the income tax when the money was earned. It's double taxation.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:56 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,748,737 times
One other question, where in the constitution does it promise to give everyone a fair chance at life? The constitution only promises equal treatment, and having progressive taxes and death taxes are not equal treatment.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:59 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Its very relevant. Taxed double is an absurd argument simple as that. Your money is taxed double and triple. Nobody cares. But as soon as people want to defend the donor class who buy your politician in order to amass ever more wealth, they use this nonsensical argument.
Relevant re the post you were replying to, not society in general. You chose to reply to his post, but you didn't address the point he made at all. Instead, you evasively talked past his point rather than addressing it.....like Hillary did in her interview with Chris Wallace. Chris Wallace asked her about the past public statements she made that Comey testified (see direct questions from Trey Gowdy that ended in his asking if each statement was true, with part of Comey's answer being no) ended up not being true. Hillary's answer to Chris Wallace was that everything she told the FBI was true. That wasn't what Chris asked her. Her answer was a non answer, same as your reply that I commented on. Your reply didn't answer at all the point the person you were replying to was making.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:02 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
All taxation is theft.

If confiscation of 100% of the fruits of your labor is slavery at what percentage does it cease to be slavery?
What do you propose to run the country with? Monopoly money?

Old 08-09-2016, 09:02 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
"Inheritience", generational hoarding, has the same effect as any "monetary scam" in existence, it is a method of consolidation of wealth. And when permitted it simply furthers consolidation of wealth by some at the expense of everyone else. Now, I personally do not condone the thug government confiscating anything from anyone. The violent criminal organization that we call "government" should not get any "funding" any more than anyone should "fund" a thug who abuses them.

People should only have "wealth" that is equal to the "wealth" that they have produced for others. All forms of consolidation of wealth (resources) is an abomination. "Profit", unbalanced "trades", with others, is simply exploitation of others. One acquires excess "wealth" only because they exploit others. One only has excess to give to others because they have exploited others for more than they have offered others.

"Money" is a mask to hide the immorality of exploitation. To make exploitation a virtue and to ensure that equal exchanges between people will not exist. Just as the money scams of usury, fiat currency, and partial reserve banking continually consolidate all of the people's "money" into the hands of those who create and "loan" the "money" to the people. The scam of profiteering continually consolidates all of the "money" into the hands of those with the most "leverage" while continually making those with less "leverage" become poorer and poorer.

The "rich" today, will be the even "richer" of tomorrow. The "poor" of today, will be the even "poorer" of tomorrow. Our "monetary system" and our market of exploitation can only work that way. As they are DESIGNED to work that way.

As long as there is "money", the system is rigged for the benefit of those with excess at the expense of those who do not in a downward spiral that leads to only one state. A small group who have everything and control everything and everyone else who have only what the elite grant them and who control no aspect of their own lives.

From this perspective, "money" IS the root of all evil.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:05 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
"Inheritience", generational hoarding, has the same effect as any "monetary scam" in existence, it is a method of consolidation of wealth. And when permitted it simply furthers consolidation of wealth by some at the expense of everyone else. Now, I personally do not condone the thug government confiscating anything from anyone. The violent criminal organization that we call "government" should not get any "funding" any more than anyone should "fund" a thug who abuses them.

People should only have "wealth" that is equal to the "wealth" that they have produced for others. All forms of consolidation of wealth (resources) is an abomination. "Profit", unbalanced "trades", with others, is simply exploitation of others. One acquires excess "wealth" only because they exploit others. One only has excess to give to others because they have exploited others for more than they have offered others.

"Money" is a mask to hide the immorality of exploitation. To make exploitation a virtue and to ensure that equal exchanges between people will not exist. Just as the money scams of usury, fiat currency, and partial reserve banking continually consolidate all of the people's "money" into the hands of those who create and "loan" the "money" to the people. The scam of profiteering continually consolidates all of the "money" into the hands of those with the most "leverage" while continually making those with less "leverage" become poorer and poorer.

The "rich" today, will be the even "richer" of tomorrow. The "poor" of today, will be the even "poorer" of tomorrow. Our "monetary system" and our market of exploitation can only work that way. As they are DESIGNED to work that way.

As long as there is "money", the system is rigged for the benefit of those with excess at the expense of those who do not in a downward spiral that leads to only one state. A small group who have everything and control everything and everyone else who have only what the elite grant them and who control no aspect of their own lives.

From this perspective, "money" IS the root of all evil.

So you think that what you earned should not benefit your children in any way? I disagree. I should have the right to do what I want with what I worked for my entire life. If I want to use it to give my children a leg up that should be my choice. I have a vested interest in my children.

What I work for and PAID taxes on should be mine to do with as I please both now and when I die. I've already paid the taxes on the income. There should be no difference between my spending it while I'm alive or my kids spending it after I'm dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies