Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 10:34 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,107,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Easily refuted given your faulty premise. Their answer would be government plays no role with a purely financial transaction, other than perhaps laws that govern securities. Garbage economics in , garbage economics out.
This isn't a discussion for anarchist-lites. I'm sure there's an "all taxation is theft" thread that's more up your alley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 10:36 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,590,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
It doesn't matter what they're selling. Should your paycheck be taxed?
If you have a company and you pay me a salary of $50,000, are you paying income tax on that or is that an expense that you don't pay income tax on?

Old 08-19-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you have a company and you pay me a salary of $50,000, are you paying income tax on that or is that an expense that you don't pay income tax on?
The recipient is paying income tax. I'm paying payroll taxes.

34,620 posts, read 21,590,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I dont think being born as a wealthy heir is something to brag about. One child is born blind and disabled to a poor family, another is given hundreds of millions through no effort of their own. The heirs can work like the rest of us. Its somewhat pathetic to listen to working stiffs submissively grovel people who laugh in their face.
"It's not fair!!!!!"

13,510 posts, read 17,023,102 times
Quote:
And there you have it, it boils down to jealousy and envy.
No, it boils down to the fact that you have to run a country, and that people who have disproportionately benefitted from the countries wealth are not being brutally repressed by being asked to pay a small percentage of tax on large amounts of inherited wealth.

9,267 posts, read 5,112,755 times
Quote:
I dont think being born as a wealthy heir is something to brag about. One child is born blind and disabled to a poor family, another is given hundreds of millions through no effort of their own. The heirs can work like the rest of us. Its somewhat pathetic to listen to working stiffs submissively grovel people who laugh in their face.
Here you admit your defective thinking. Life isnt fair, and those that deny this are just plain stupid.
You want government to equalize those that are less fortunate by confiscating money from those that are successful.
Thank you.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:40 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,112,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
No, it boils down to the fact that you have to run a country, and that people who have disproportionately benefitted from the countries wealth are not being brutally repressed by being asked to pay a small percentage of tax on large amounts of inherited wealth.
Ha Ha! It's not the country's wealth. It's their wealth! You fail!

Old 08-19-2016, 10:40 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,952,329 times
Quote:
Your pure envy and hatred of those with more than you prevents you from being objective.

This is why you want to tax unrealized capital that is addressed in "Myth 2".
You are the one who falsely claim that unrealized capital has been taxed before (not that it matters of course).

Old 08-19-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with being born into wealth, but we shouldn't be giving privileges to people who can afford to do what everyone is doing... Paying taxes on income.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:42 AM

20,699 posts, read 19,340,722 times
Quote:
If this were true, you wouldn't have the top wealthiest people in the US three generations or less into that group.
If what were true?

Quote:
It's a flawed theory from people who start their research believing the theory they then selectively support.
Adam Smith spewed flawed theories and the US was an economic basket case all through the 19th century?

That it?

Quote:
Not that long ago elite wealth was mostly in the hands of those with large farms. It then moved to those who developed industry. Now, it's those who develop technology.
You haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about and I say that generally liking you, Tex. We usually see eye to eye, but you didn't just confuse a horse for a zebra; you confused a mouse for an elephant.

Most large estates in early America were pure capital. There was almost no rent. Read the theory carefully, from Adam Smith to Ricado. Once you read it, you'd realize why the fops blotted it out as fast as they could. They hate capitalists. They loath the nouveau riche , unless they can keep them like angora goats in their stables.

Quote:
We also see people who lose extreme wealth.

People with very little money climb into wealth all the time.

Government shouldn't get to pick and choose who succeeds.
Oh Lord ,how do I save this lost, worthy soul? ?Its the rentier fops behind da guberment doing it. I know you've got the brains, you just did take the time.

Why don't you ask yourself why a libertarian that loathes the welfare state and identity politics with a hatred one has for their pimp jailer that turned me out for 5 bucks a pop , is digging up this fossil? That pass the smell test as someone who loves big government?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies