Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 09:01 AM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times

Advertisements

These two articles, Facebook Friendship Saves an Afghan Baby’s Life and Clash of Values Emerges After Afghan Child Bride Burns to Death illustrates the cultural gulf that makes Middle East peace or for that matter peace anywhere in that part of the world largely a pipe dream. In the first story an Afghan baby with a life-threatening congenital heart defect is taken to Israel for life-saving surgery, via a roiundabout route. The reason for the circuitous trip to Israel was the seething hatred of the Muslim world; the baby's family asked that its name not be printed.

Meanwhile "back at the ranch," i.e. Afghanistan, a 14 year old child bride, already fouir months pregnant, is burned alive since she refused to work the opium fields while pregnant.
As Afghan investigators tried to piece the episode together, the events once again brought to the fore the issue of child marriage and women’s rights in Afghanistan.

One wonders, parenthetically whether those demanding that the U.S . "stop the war" in Iraq and Afghanistan relish this kind of barbarism. Makes you wonder.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 09:11 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,967 times
Not my circus, not my monkeys. I have enough domestic problems in my own country. When racial divide is over, there no homeless veterans on the streets, college is free, unemployment is zero, borders are secure & healthcare is affordable, I will think about saving rest of the world. But with limited resources I have, I would like to invest the tax money domestically. Charity starts at home. I dont need this liberal kumbaya ideology based wars. I am sure the naive liberals mean well but we have problems close to home that need immediate attention & tax dollars. I would definitely prioritize those above international issues. If my kids are starving & I am giving away their food money to my neighbors, that would make me a kind neighbor but a terrible, abusive parent.

As for the barbarism, you need to understand that the victims & oppressors are usually the same people in these countries. For ex, in india if you are asking dowry for your son, you will have to give dowry for your daughter so you are part of the problem. The people who dont align with that barbarism try to leave their home country, like I did. Rest of them agree with the orthodox draconian laws. Trying to forcefully impose democracy on them results in rebellion & more attacks on your land. They created that mess so let them clean it up. The best way you can help them is to offer student, worker visas & eventually citizenships for liberal people in those oppressed countries who want to work hard & choose to align with western values. The misfits like me will work hard & find a way to escape that hell. Rest of them are happy in their own hell.

Last edited by theluckygal; 08-15-2016 at 09:27 AM..

Old 08-15-2016, 09:38 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
One wonders, parenthetically whether those demanding that the U.S . "stop the war" in Iraq and Afghanistan relish this kind of barbarism. Makes you wonder.

The United States can't stop barbarous Muslims from being barbarous in their own countries. Nobody takes that crap neocon rationale for war seriously anymore.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:14 AM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
What I really wonder is why so many support these hellholes over Israel.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:28 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
What I really wonder is why so many support these hellholes over Israel.
Muslims are the loudest shouters of; I am victim.

There are many pieces of land that are being argued over. The loudest voices are Infidels living or holding to the supposed Muslim land. There is silence on Muslim on Muslim land occupation or Muslims occupying Infidel land.

Muslims are always crying victim. The Leftists are always looking for a group that cries victim. It's an unholy alliance.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
One place has nothing to do with the other. They aren't even in the same part of the world.

Israel is a nation free to chart its own course. Their sovereignty is respected by most other nations, and no invasion of their country has ever been successful. Even with all of their wars, they're basically unscathed.

Afghanistan hasn't been left in peace for nearly 40 years now. European and American invaders have made a mess of the place, infused it with deadly weapons, destroyed its only cash crop, encouraged tribal warfare....all while trying to figure out a way to strip it of its resources.

If you wanna glorify Israel, go ahead and do so, but let the Israelis stand on their own merit.

But don't try to discredit the Afghan people that your country holds in NO regard, just to hold up Israel as some shining city on a hill.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Do you know that U.S. soldiers, slaughtered, raped and sometimes tortured innocent Japanese?

https://todayshistorylesson.wordpres...g/marpi-point/

Or so the Japanese were led to believe.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Do you know that U.S. soldiers, slaughtered, raped and sometimes tortured innocent Japanese?

They sure as hell slaughtered tens of thousands of Vietnamese people....unjustifiably.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:47 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

The thread is about how citizens are treated in their own country.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:48 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Hopefully they will commit genocide on themselves and cancel themselves from the human race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies