Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 07:22 PM

18,473 posts, read 7,128,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trickle down did fail with Q.E.
Q.E. isn't what most people think of when they talk about trickle down.

Printing more money doesn't put more money in anyone's pockets, in fact it devalues the money that they already have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 07:32 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,314,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Time and again you all tell us that trickle-down economics doesn't work and that a 39.5% take is too little. You all support the government's use of deadly force to confiscate as much wealth from the citizenry as possible, at least as much as possible without provoking violent resistance from the taxpayers. My question to you is this... since you all profess hatred of trickle-down economics is it a fair assumption that you don't participate?

When you file your income taxes, I assume you don't take any exemptions, because after all, trickle-down economics doesn't work.

When you purchase a sale item from a retailer, I assume you pay full list price and not a cent less, because after all, trickle-down economics doesn't work.

I assume you never use coupons for purchases because trickle-down doesn't work.

When you need to fill your car up with gas I assume you go to the station with the highest price seeing as trickle-down economics doesn't work.

When you go to buy a new car, I assume you pay sticker price and not a cent less, because after all, trickle-down economics doesn't work.

How about when your boss calls you into his office for your annual performance, tells you what a valuable employee you are and offers you a handsome raise? I assume you tell him to take that raise and stick it where the sun don't shine because after all, trickle down economics doesn't work.
I wonder if you meant to prove a point there.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:09 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,355,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Q.E. isn't what most people think of when they talk about trickle down.
Of course not because it makes them look hypocritical. On both sides of the equation.

Quote:
Printing more money doesn't put more money in anyone's pockets, in fact it devalues the money that they already have.
It's imaginary? It's used to make bricks? Yes it put a lot of money into the pockets of the few and devalued the money of the majority.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:34 PM

1,050 posts, read 507,641 times
Quote:
Time and again you all tell us that trickle-down economics doesn't work and that a 39.5% take is too little. You all support the government's use of deadly force to confiscate as much wealth from the citizenry as possible, at least as much as possible without provoking violent resistance from the taxpayers. My question to you is this... since you all profess hatred of trickle-down economics is it a fair assumption that you don't participate?

When you file your income taxes, I assume you don't take any exemptions, because after all, trickle-down economics doesn't work.

When you purchase a sale item from a retailer, I assume you pay full list price and not a cent less, because after all, trickle-down economics doesn't work.

When you need to fill your car up with gas I assume you go to the station with the highest price seeing as trickle-down economics doesn't work.

When you go to buy a new car, I assume you pay sticker price and not a cent less, because after all, trickle-down economics doesn't work.

How about when your boss calls you into his office for your annual performance, tells you what a valuable employee you are and offers you a handsome raise? I assume you tell him to take that raise and stick it where the sun don't shine because after all, trickle down economics doesn't work.
It's a childish and ignorant question revealing either a failure to grasp reality or a desperate need to discredit what cannot be discredited.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:40 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,461,161 times
Quote:

I bet you are a Trump supporter because what you wrote above is Trump's type of trickle-down economics. LOL. ... But as someone else pointed out, you don't have any idea what "trickle down economics" is.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:07 AM

7,191 posts, read 4,785,029 times
Oh yeah, supply side economics AKA trickle down economics was SO GREAT during GW Bush's years in the WH.

It was so fantastic we need another October 2008!!! Yippee!

And those rebate checks that Bush sent out....man we're going to be rich!

Old 08-10-2016, 12:43 AM

24,520 posts, read 33,390,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Oh yeah, supply side economics AKA trickle down economics was SO GREAT during GW Bush's years in the WH.

It was so fantastic we need another October 2008!!! Yippee!

And those rebate checks that Bush sent out....man we're going to be rich!
There was good GDP growth during much of the Bush years (unlike the poor GDP now!), unemployment was as low as 4.5% and after the two Bush tax cuts (2001 and 2003), government revenue grew by $785 billion between 2004 and 2007.. The 2008 recession was not due to trickle down economics.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
"Trickle down" never failed.

What the Left thinks trickle down should mean failed, because they have a false impression of how trickle down works.

The left thinks the economic benifits from trickle down should just fall into their laps without having to do anything for it.

In that sense, yes it's a failure and aways will be because that's not how trickle down works.

"Trickle Down" is just another way to describe the natural process of a capitalism based economy. But you have to stand up and grab your share of the trickle down.

You have to work for it.... fight for it if necessary.

Because if you don't reach up and grab your share.....someone else will.
No, it is not. You're mixing the concept of a strong work ethic with trickle down economics

Trickle down economics refers to a theory based on supply side economics. That theory has been pretty much discredited.

Please google "supply side economics" and read.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You mean when big government picks winners and losers?

Cronielism isn't trickle down, it's big government meddling and operating outside its scope.

Most fans of trickle down oppose it.

Please look at the above picture again. The ones at the top are doing well. The ones below are getting excrement aka crap.

The ones who get the biggest tax cuts are the winners. The winners may or may not invest their money to create new jobs that the losers are waiting for.

There is NO GUARANTEE that the fat cats who are getting the biggest cuts are going to invest a dime HERE. Chances are that money will go overseas. That's why the middle class has been running in place for decades

Old 08-10-2016, 06:53 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,355,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
No, it is not. You're mixing the concept of a strong work ethic with trickle down economics

Trickle down economics refers to a theory based on supply side economics. That theory has been pretty much discredited.

Please google "supply side economics" and read.
No it has not.......Trickle down is NOT simply one thing unlike how so many (you) want to portray it. Trickle down does not work when the government employs it. All the government can do is take from one to give to another. If they give a tax break someone else is going to have to pay for that at some point. As I've pointed out many times Q.E. was claimed to be a trickle down program but it failed miserably. Truthfully it's not even Trickle Down, it's Trickle up which is even worse.

Now Trickle down has worked in cases like Microsoft. Yes, Bill Gates has gotten incredibly rich off his company but many, many, many, many others have done very well down the line also. From wages, to those who have used his products to make their lives better, many have seen the rewards. Could Gates see that even more benefit? I suppose one could argue that but it doesn't discount the idea that it has worked.

Giving tax breaks to Microsoft doesn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies