Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 01:46 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times

Advertisements

Uncle Ruckus.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
It's easy to post inflammatory things when you're hiding behind a white sheet. I mean computer.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:13 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's easy to post inflammatory things when you're hiding behind a white sheet. I mean computer.

This sub forum is the worst for vile nasty stuff. Other sub forums aren't nearly as vicious as this one is, I'm for free speech and all, but man....

Old 08-10-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This sub forum is the worst for vile nasty stuff. Other sub forums aren't nearly as vicious as this one is, I'm for free speech and all, but man....
Yes, pretty disgusting. And yet if you disagree a little too strongly in other forums on c-d, you get your hand slapped or suspended for a few days.

People like this shouldn't even be allowed to remain on c-d. It's clear what his purpose for posting is.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:23 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,926,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
WTH are you going on about with not black enough??!!!!! Are you SERIOUS?

I'm saying it's easy to protest the war singing songs in a coffee house surrounded by 20-somethings. It's not so easy when you're performing in front of veterans.

He's likely surrounded by a lot of people who feel the same way he does.

GET IT???!!!!
How do you know who this man is surrounded by? Have you followed him throughout his life?

Old 08-10-2016, 03:35 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,926,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hell no.
Is it a genetic difference or what? Someone that isn't black couldn't possibly dedicate their life to understanding what being black means? What thoughts running through a black mind would prevent them from knowing "blackness"?

Old 08-10-2016, 03:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Is it a genetic difference or what? Someone that isn't black couldn't possibly dedicate their life to understanding what being black means? What thoughts running through a black mind would prevent them from knowing "blackness"?
They shouldn't dedicate their lives to it because there's no need to and as for what thoughts we have that would prevent them from knowing....

It's not thoughts per se...but it's other things that I'm not able to articulate properly or at least well enough to give justice to the topic.

I should revise what I said somewhat by saying that if you're white and grew up around nothing but blacks, then you MIGHT understand a lot better.

Otherwise, no chance

Old 08-10-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
How do you know who this man is surrounded by? Have you followed him throughout his life?
It's called common sense. Given his background and the jobs he's held, he probably knows a lot of people. And given the number of people he knows, he's likely to know a good percentage who are also Republican.

Some of you are like children. If I posted that I saw a million stars in the sky last night, you'd post, "How do you know there were a million? Did you count them?!!"

I gave my opinion that the words hero and courageous are not appropriate for someone solely based on their political party of choice. It's my OPINION.

DEAL WITH IT and stop BOTHERING ME with your dumb ass questions!

Old 08-10-2016, 04:22 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're right. It's well written. Too bad it's a load of bull though.

Actually, i have more of a problem with your words than his, and i highlighted it in your post:

1. The "why blacks should not vote Democrat" line is typical white paternalism at its finest. Blacks should vote for whomever the hell we feel like voting for, and you're in no position to say who that is in any given election. Even the writer of the piece doesn't suggest that, and he's BLACK!!!

2. Voting for the Republican Party isn't courageous nor does it connote that one has any particular great virtues. If anything, it often implies the opposite. Of course, i'm quite happy that you've affirmed my belief that white conservatives think that black Republicans are some special class of African American that should be held up as some shining example of what your model kneegrow should look like. That's why you guys put black Republicans at the head of the line no matter how silly they are.

Moreover, in the title of your thread, you imply that he might get shot for admitting that he's a Republican. I mean really...

Wanna give us some examples of black Republicans getting shot just because they're Republicans?

I swear, you folks are a trip.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Got something to say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies