Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 01:19 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
1. Honest and law abiding gun owners are not the problem. Work the problem. Identify it, find solutions for it, implement those solutions. The law abiding gun owners I know feel no obligation to find solutions to gun violence that they are not a party to. 300 million guns, 100 million gun owners. If honest and law abiding gun owners were the problem, this entire nation would be a war torn battle zone.

2. Most liberals will deny that they are trying to take guns away from people. Everybody knows its a lie, but liberals pretend that its not. So I would assume that many liberals on this site will insist that one of the basic premises of your thread is incorrect.
I never indicated that "law abiding" gun owners were the problem.
Guns in the hands of people who should not have them is the problem, and each and every citizen in this country should come together and come up with workable solutions to the gun violence.

As sure as I speak, the day is fast approaching when gun ownership in this country is going to be a thing of the past if this gun violence issue is not dealt with, and soon.
Gun advocates can bury their heads in the sand and pretend the problem doesn't exist because it doesn't involve them directly(after all they are law abiding citizens), but as responsible gun owners they should want to get involved in finding ways to curb the violence.

You best look around, there is too much killing going on in this country, and sooner or later those who write and make the laws in this country are going to take notice, and by then it will be too late for the gun advocates to do anything about it.

Gun advocates can say all they want about the liberal side of the battle, but facts are facts, and the needless killings need be stopped one way or another, and it baffles my mind why gun advocates won't get involved.
I know for sure that if something I owned was put in jeopardy, I would do all I could to see that it is addressed to my satisfaction, and the threat removed.

That is what you gun folks need to consider.
Your rights are being threatened, and you sit by and do nothing.

Trust me on this one, the government is a whole lot stronger than the individual gun owner, and you won't stand a chance if the government enacts laws to limit your rights to gun ownership.

So if the day comes when the government decides to take your weapons, and you decide to fight instead, remember Waco, and the other recent occupations by citizens that did not turn out in their favor.

Again, get involved in your community, and state to find a solution to the problem of gun violence, or you may one day find your rights stricken from the constitution.

Don't think it could happen?

Guess again.

Bob.

Last edited by CALGUY; 08-10-2016 at 01:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 01:27 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
CALGUY told me to assassinate Hillary.

()

Old 08-10-2016, 01:33 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
With all the shootings, including the killing of law enforcement officials, and some innocent people, the time is coming when serious proposals are under consideration to limit guns and ammunition.
All I am hearing from the gun owners is stupid comments("they will never take my guns").
To that I say, don't be so sure about that.

These people say and do nothing constructive to address the rise in shootings and killings.
Why have you gun folks not stepped up to the plate and help find solutions to this problem of gun violence?
After all, it is your rights to keep a gun that are going to be the main focus in coming months.
Don't for one minute think the 2nd amendment couldn't be repealed, if politicians really get into studying the gun violence issues in this country.
Why are the gun advocates, and members of the NRA not holding community meetings in an effort to discuss the issue, and find reasonable solutions to this growing problem?

My advice to the gun advocates is to listen up.
Get involved, or one day you may have absolutely no say in who does, and who doesn't have the right to keep guns.

Bob.
There's 30 million modern sporting rifles including AR15s, AK47s, etc. Theres 100,000,000 rifles total. There's 300,000,000+ guns.

The vast majority of people aren't going to give up their guns. 90 percent of the police and military will join the people and would never enforce gun confiscation. You're living in a dream world

Old 08-10-2016, 01:35 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
With all the shootings, including the killing of law enforcement officials, and some innocent people, the time is coming when serious proposals are under consideration to limit guns and ammunition.
All I am hearing from the gun owners is stupid comments("they will never take my guns").
To that I say, don't be so sure about that.

These people say and do nothing constructive to address the rise in shootings and killings.
Why have you gun folks not stepped up to the plate and help find solutions to this problem of gun violence?
After all, it is your rights to keep a gun that are going to be the main focus in coming months.
Don't for one minute think the 2nd amendment couldn't be repealed, if politicians really get into studying the gun violence issues in this country.
Why are the gun advocates, and members of the NRA not holding community meetings in an effort to discuss the issue, and find reasonable solutions to this growing problem?

My advice to the gun advocates is to listen up.
Get involved, or one day you may have absolutely no say in who does, and who doesn't have the right to keep guns.

Bob.
What type of weapons do you own, Calguy?
I just had a community meeting and we found the solution: Liberals back down with their anti-gun demands and everyone lived happily everafter.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:37 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Guns in the hands of people who should not have them is the problem, ans each and every citizen in this country should come together and come up with workable solutions to the gun violence.
You are close. We need "criminal control", not "gun control". Much longer and tougher prison sentences for those that commit both violent AND property crime. The vast majority of our crimes are committed by a small portion of our population. Make sentences meaningful (say 10 years for car theft, car break in or household burglary) and 20 years for armed robbery, live for murder, rape or sexual abuse. Put the animals in prison and KEEP THEM THERE. Our revolving door justice system is responsible for the vast majority of the problem.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:40 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Guns in the hands of people who should not have them is the problem, ans each and every citizen in this country should come together and come up with workable solutions to the gun violence.

As sure as I speak, the day is fast approaching when gun ownership in this country is going to be a thing of the past if this gun violence issue is not dealt with, and soon.
Gun advocates can bury their heads in the sand and pretend the problem doesn't exist because it doesn't involve them directly(after all they are law abiding citizens), but as responsible gun owners they should want to get involved in finding ways to curb the violence.

You best look around, there is too much killing going on in this country, and sooner or later those who write and make the laws in this country are going to take notice, and by then it will be too late for the gun advocates to do anything about it.

Gun advocates can say all they want about the liberal side of the battle, but facts are facts, and the needless killings need be stopped one way or another, and it baffles my mind why gun advocates won't get involved.
I know for sure that if something I owned was put in jeopardy, I would do all I could to see that it is addressed to my satisfaction, and the threat removed.

That is what you gun folks need to consider.
Your rights are being threatened, and you sit by and do nothing.

Trust me on this one, the government is a whole lot stronger than the individual gun owner, and you won't stand a chance if the government enacts laws to limit your rights to gun ownership.

So if the day comes when the government decides to take your weapons, and you decide to fight instead, remember Waco, and the other recent occupations by citizens that did not turn out in their favor.

Again, get involved in your community, and state to find a solution to the problem of gun violence, or you may one day find your rights stricken from the constitution.

Don't think it could happen?

Guess again.

Bob.
Again, your missing the fact that they won't be able to enforce any unconstitutional law anyway.

The police will give a big middle finger to the government and everyone will go about their merry way

Old 08-10-2016, 01:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
I suspect the war on guns will have the same effect as the war on terror, the war on drugs and the war on poverty. Do nothing to fix the problem and produce unintended consequences that put us in worse shape than we were before.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:02 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Again, your missing the fact that they won't be able to enforce any unconstitutional law anyway.

The police will give a big middle finger to the government and everyone will go about their merry way
The police may give the finger, but the national guard, who is sworn to duty, would ignore anyone who gives the finger.

Do you actually believe the 2nd amendment could not be repealed, or changed?
You can't possibly be that stupid.

Bob.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:05 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
As if that worked for Chicago.

Please stop being so senseless.

The complete lack of critical thinking skills among the gun control crowd is quite stunning. As if thugs, felons, terrorists, etc., who have NO problem violating laws to commit their crimes will suddenly be law-abiding persons when it comes to gun/amunition control laws.

Narcotics are controlled. How has that worked out? Have the drug dealers been eliminated? The addicts? ODs? No to all of the above. Guess why? They're completely ignoring narcotics control laws.

In fact, ODs cause more deaths than firearms.

Really good chart breaking down cause of deaths in the U.S.:

http://media.oregonlive.com/data/ima...86_post-01.jpg

Old 08-10-2016, 02:09 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
What's new?

The liberals say that police brutality is a huge problem and incites the public against them.
Then they want us to turn all our guns over to them ..

Leftist doctrine comes from inhaled fumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies