Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 12:35 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Our advice to you, Bob, is to move to communist China, or Australia, or the UK. You'll be much happier there.

Here, we have the Constitution which protects our rights from lawless government, and idiots who don't grasp the importance of those rights.

You want to change the Constitution? Fine. The Constitution provides the means to do that. You simply need to convince the majority in 3/4ths of the States to agree with such a change. But that's going to be quite difficult, given that 80% of the public believes in, and supports the 2nd Amendment.

So it would probably be better if you and your progressive liberal Constitution haters just go. Better for you, better for us, better for everyone.
Man, do you have it wrong.

I think it would be a good idea if you read ALL my post in this thread before spouting off at the mouth.
Nowhere in this thread have I stated people SHOULD have to surrender their guns, nor have I advocated that.
I merely stated that some form of gun control will be forthcoming soon, if this gun violence does not stop.
If you find somewhere in this thread that I advocated people give up their guns, then show me.

And just for your information, I am about as far away from being a liberal as we are from mars.
Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 01:52 PM

89,013 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

I think it would be a good idea if you read ALL my post in this thread before spouting off at the mouth.
Nowhere in this thread have I stated people SHOULD have to surrender their guns, nor have I advocated that.
I merely stated that some form of gun control will be forthcoming soon, if this gun violence does not stop.
Gun control is not a solution. Exactly WHAT is gun and or ammunition control supposed to do to prevent gun violence?

As if thugs, felons, terrorists, etc., who have NO problem violating laws to commit their crimes will suddenly be law-abiding persons when it comes to gun/ammunition control laws.

Narcotics are controlled. How has that worked out? Have the drug dealers been eliminated? The addicts? ODs? No to all of the above. Guess why? Dealers/users are completely ignoring narcotics control laws.

In fact, ODs cause more deaths than firearms.

Really good chart breaking down cause of deaths in the U.S.:

http://media.oregonlive.com/data/ima...86_post-01.jpg

Old 08-11-2016, 01:59 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:

If you find somewhere in this thread that I advocated people give up their guns, then show me.

And just for your information, I am about as far away from being a liberal as we are from mars.
Bob.
Of course you completely ignore that the homicide rate is dramatically lower than it was in the 80's and 90's.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:49 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:

Bob.
Well there is something off about you. The government isn't going to do ****. Were. Not. Giving. Up. Our. Guns. EVER.

Government needs to fix the culture of the thuggery, but they won't. Its like the one black guy said "it's the plantation" (https://youtu.be/ZxcAN0t6GrI) 1:55 Mark.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Well there is something off about you. The government isn't going to do ****. Were. Not. Giving. Up. Our. Guns. EVER.

Government needs to fix the culture of the thuggery, but they won't. Its like the one black guy said "it's the plantation" (https://youtu.be/ZxcAN0t6GrI) 1:55 Mark.
The only thing "off" here is the gun owners who for whatever reason fail miserably at allowing themselves to get involved and help find a solution that works when it comes to gun violence.

What is stopping any of you from walking into your local police station, or city council meeting and asking if there is any way we can collectively put our heads together and find a solution to the gun violence in this country?
It is amazing what community involvement can do, when enough concerned people join to fight a cause.

You leave me with the feeling you are all a bunch of blowhards.
Bob.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:50 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
The only thing "off" here is the gun owners who for whatever reason fail miserably at allowing themselves to get involved and help find a solution that works when it comes to gun violence.

What is stopping any of you from walking into your local police station, or city council meeting and asking if there is any way we can collectively put our heads together and find a solution to the gun violence in this country?
It is amazing what community involvement can do, when enough concerned people join to fight a cause.

Bob.
I'm a 10 year peace officer. There is a solution but the liberals (politicians, judges, community disorganisers) and their liberal utpoia will never change anything.

Gang member or felon caught with a gun. 30 years in prison. Not probation or having a case tossed by some liberal idiot judge.

Also maybe the government should stop giving more welfare for each kid. How about government paid for hysterectomys?

But the libs will cry "that's racist"

Old 08-11-2016, 05:51 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
These people say and do nothing constructive to address the rise in shootings and killings.
There is no rise in shootings, "gun violence" is the lowest it's been in 30 years. It's liberal media lies and glamorizing every shooting and leading with it 24x7 for days that makes people think there is a rise in shootings and killings.

Quote:
Why have you gun folks not stepped up to the plate and help find solutions to this problem of gun violence?
Why do you anti gun nuts continue to spew lies to push your agenda? "gun violence" drops every year, exactly what is the problem you want to "solve"? You want MORE shootings? Oh that's right, you want to ban guns.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:12 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Stop subsidizing the birthing of bastards and homicides will go down dramatically.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:06 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:

Bob.
Why is that up to me to try to stop some idiot? Why don't YOU walk in to your local police station and ask if there is any way you can collectively put your heads together to find a solution to the gun violence? Why is it always someone elses responsibility to change what you want changed. YOU do the work.

I don't like that people get behind the wheel of a car after doing drugs...should I demand that YOU "do something about it" because you own a car? Seriously, why can't car owners DO something about those who kill others with their vehicles? Why aren't they marching in to police HQ and devising a plan with the cops to put an end to deadly accidents on the roads by those who are operating their cars illegally?

Talk about a blowhard, Bob.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Why is that up to me to try to stop some idiot? Why don't YOU walk in to your local police station and ask if there is any way you can collectively put your heads together to find a solution to the gun violence? Why is it always someone elses responsibility to change what you want changed. YOU do the work.

I don't like that people get behind the wheel of a car after doing drugs...should I demand that YOU "do something about it" because you own a car? Seriously, why can't car owners DO something about those who kill others with their vehicles? Why aren't they marching in to police HQ and devising a plan with the cops to put an end to deadly accidents on the roads by those who are operating their cars illegally?

Talk about a blowhard, Bob.

I will answer "Haakon's post above, then your's.

I am not a liberal, far from it, and I DON'T WANT YOUR GUNS TAKEN FROM YOU.
What I want is people who are accustomed to handling guns take the time to get involved with others who are trying to find ways to curb the rash of gun violence.
Your experience with guns could be a valuable asset in determining the best course of action in dealing with gun violence.
It has to be an education process.

I have to admit, I do not know the first thing about guns, and I suspect there are many like me.
All I know is what I see happening here in Los Angeles.
Today before noontime, there were four shootings here.
This is becoming a daily thing.

Now, why should gun people get involved in this issue?
The answer is as plain as the nose on your face.
It is spelled, Hillary Clinton.
I believe if she becomes president (God forbid), the first people she is going to target are gun owners, not people who drive cars, and get into accidents, gun owners.
She has already stated that is on her agenda her first 100 days in office.
She didn't say the words "gun owners", but "we must limit the use of harmful weapons in this country".
That is a big red flag for gun owners.

I would say at this point, you people have a choice.
Do all you can to publicize you as gun owners want to do something to curb gun violence.
Even if the results are not forthcoming, the public will know you are involved.

Your second choice is to do nothing, and watch your rights go down the drain.
It won't happen overnight, but little by little the Clinton administration will fight you at every step, and by executive order, she will make it a lot more difficult not only to purchase weapons, but obtain the amo to use them effectively.

This lying turd stood up the other day and said, "I want to protect the 2nd amendment", obviously forgetting her earlier comments stating in her first 100 days she would take on the gun issue.
Be complacent if you want, it's not my position to dictate to any one.
I am just telling gun owners what lies ahead, and to be prepared for it.
Should Clinton be successful in her effort to limit gun sales, and amo sales, it would be best if you had the general public on your side listening to your side of the issue.
Putting yourself in the public eye by getting involved in trying to find solutions to gun violence is one way to let the public know you care, and are concerned.

I don't have a dog in the race, but I still want to get involved, and I plan on doing just that at our next community meeting first week in September.

Losing any of your rights is of main concern, and sometimes people need a little prodding to get them motivated.
That was my one reason in starting this thread.
If I were a member of the NRA, I would be on the phone tomorrow morning, asking them why they have not taken on this issue of gun violence.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies