Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 08:20 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

What would herr Goebbels say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 08:20 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
who cares. This country isn't worth all that hoopla anymore anyway.
I know when you consider who we are electing president these days.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:09 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The difference is obvious.
Cam Newton got the same treatment this year during the Super Bowl from the same crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It is a requirement - there's a flag code. Unless you're in the Armed Forces, or a veteran, you're required to put your hand over your heart.

People do the same for the pledge as a sign of respect - though it's not required.

If she had put her hand over her heart, the people complaining would have found something else to complain about.
I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Not to mention the racial remarks from the Italian gymnast made at gabbys teammate

Carlotta Ferlito sparks fury with racist jibe at new world champion Simone Biles | Daily Mail Online

Plus I didn't see anyone say anything when Trump didn't place his hand over his heart
Simone Manuel won the gold in swimming last night, so what does that dumb*** have to say now??

Old 08-12-2016, 08:46 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Loved Simone Manuel last night! It was so fun to see her realize she has won and get so excited and emotional. She is precious.

Totally disappointed in Gabby Douglas last night. She could have at least pretended to be happy for her teammates. She had a chance to make the finals and she didn't. Sure the 2 person rule seems unfair, but she knew it coming in and she didn't beat Aly. Now smile and cheer on your team.

Love Laurie Hernadez! She could have had a bad attitude after being cut out of the chance to compete in the all around by the team, but she was the first one up clapping.

Gabby has lost that happy spark that made America fall in love with her 4 years ago. She was lucky she made the team after her qualifying performance. Too bad they didn't give her spot to one of the girls who would actually beat her there. They would have appreciated it.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:48 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
The woman gymnastics team is the most PC in history. Two blacks, a Hispanic, a Jew and a WASP.
So what? Why it is a concern for you? If those are the best persons for the team, who cares? I'm not complaining that there aren't any Blacks on the U.S. swim team.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So what? Why it is a concern for you? If those are the best persons for the team, who cares? I'm not complaining that there aren't any Blacks on the U.S. swim team.
A black woman on the US Swim team won gold last night- Simone Manuel.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
A black woman on the US Swim team won gold last night- Simone Manuel.
I was thinking of the men's team. I should have clarified. If that is so, good.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I was thinking of the men's team. I should have clarified. If that is so, good.
You should go find the video. She wasn't expected to win and did at the minute. She didn't even realize she had won until she looked at the scoreboard. So you get to watch her check her time and then realize she just won gold. It's awesome video. She gave a great interview afterwards and cried with joy during the medal ceremony. She's one of my new favorite Olympians.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
You should go find the video. She wasn't expected to win and did at the minute. She didn't even realize she had won until she looked at the scoreboard. So you get to watch her check her time and then realize she just won gold. It's awesome video. She gave a great interview afterwards and cried with joy during the medal ceremony. She's one of my new favorite Olympians.
Ok. I will look it up later.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:26 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Loved Simone Manuel last night! It was so fun to see her realize she has won and get so excited and emotional. She is precious.

Totally disappointed in Gabby Douglas last night. She could have at least pretended to be happy for her teammates. She had a chance to make the finals and she didn't. Sure the 2 person rule seems unfair, but she knew it coming in and she didn't beat Aly. Now smile and cheer on your team.

Love Laurie Hernadez! She could have had a bad attitude after being cut out of the chance to compete in the all around by the team, but she was the first one up clapping.

Gabby has lost that happy spark that made America fall in love with her 4 years ago. She was lucky she made the team after her qualifying performance. Too bad they didn't give her spot to one of the girls who would actually beat her there. They would have appreciated it.
I have to agree here, watching Gabby sit there stone faced as her teammates achieved what she achieved four years ago really soured me on her. She didn't even pretend to be supportive. I wonder how she would have felt had her teammates behaved toward her four years ago the way she did last night. I was a very big Gabby fan and I was most disappointed in her behavior. That's not how a champion behaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies