Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 10:22 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,290,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Good for you. I wish I could be like the MMA tough guys. That is really great, you are around your family 24 / 7 to protect them as well. I'm quite envious, not only are you MMA worthy but you must not have to work as well. Very cool. While I'd like to say I could fight off any attacker, the reality of it is that it won't happen. And my wife, well she's only 105lbs and she is on her own for 8 hours a day so no one is there to protect her if needed.

A couple of red flags have shown themselves...you like to fight, and you think all cops want to shoot someone. You are one of the people that I am glad doesn't carry a gun.
I don't like to fight, I'm just good enough at it to teach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 10:23 AM

58,652 posts, read 26,945,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Because cars aren't "designed" to kill but guns are, and cars have practical use and guns don't. That's their argument.

Alcohol beverages would be a much better comparison as alcohol beverages have absolutely no practical use and are designed to kill but we have a constitution amendment to not ban alcohol.
"cars aren't "designed" to kill but guns are,'

Just goes to show your IGNORANCE about guns.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:25 AM

29,025 posts, read 14,371,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Sure it is your right. But then agree to better backgound checks and loophole restrictions so that the people you are defending yourself against are not more blood thirsty and sociopathic than you.

Do you really want it to come to a confrontation?

Is reading comprehension something that you aren't good with ? These are my direct quotes.

I had to pass a background check, takean 8 hour class , stand in front of a board (8 people) to get my license tocarry. Also have to take the class every 5 years to maintain my license. Justto purchase a handgun I have to pass a background check (not now that I have aCPL) , and at the moment of sale a call to the NICS is made. The call to theNICS is also made when I purchase a long gun. What more would you like me to do?

Wrong. I carry a firearm, and I hope Igo to my grave without ever having to pull the trigger on another human oranimal.

So can you explain what a "loophole restriction" is ? And what is a "better" background check as opposed to just a regular background check ?
And myself and my wife, and my dad are blood thirsty sociopaths because we embrace one of the rights of being a US citizen ? Wow, this country really is spinning out of control.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:25 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,321,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"cars aren't "designed" to kill but guns are,'

Just goes to show your IGNORANCE about guns.
The function of guns is to kill, other uses are incidental.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:26 AM

25,781 posts, read 16,408,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
This is not that hard. Guns are made to kill and cars are not made to kill. Easy, huh.
Guns are made to kill? You aren't biased at all are you?

Old 08-11-2016, 10:26 AM

58,652 posts, read 26,945,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You guys don't get it and obviously never will. But just for grins I'll point out again that gun control and assault rifle restrictions does NOT mean liberals want to ban all guns. I have no idea how many times we need to tell you this.
" does NOT mean liberals want to ban all guns. I have no idea how many times we need to tell you this.'

BUT, MANY liberals DO want to BAN all guns as has been pointed many times. I have no idea how many times we need to tell you this.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
I don't like to fight, I'm just good enough at it to teach.

You're the one that stated "I'd be in the fight and loving it" ... sorry I misinterpreted that as you liking to fight.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:29 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,781,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberals always, after any reported deaths involving firearms, are quick to shout for banning of guns, ammunition, and restrict the rights of those who have not committed any crime.

The analogy would be advocating the banning of all automobiles, as drunk drivers kill 27 people per day. Forget the fact that the vast majority of drivers do not kill anyone- we must ban all automobiles to prevent drunk drivers from killing people.
I consider myself more of an independent but my view is that although both can kill you, autos are designed for mobility. Guns are designed to kill. Even knives serve other purposes like cooking or camping out. Some guns are ok for personal protection and hunting. Many liberals I know don't want to ban guns entirely (although some do), but they do want to greatly limit guns that serve no other purpose except to kill people on mass proportions in an instant.

There are by the way many vehicles that were designed for war that are illegal as well as some foreign ones that weren't designed for war.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
The function of guns is to kill, other uses are incidental.

Just incidental....
Olympic Games | USA Shooting

Old 08-11-2016, 10:33 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,321,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Just incidental....
Olympic Games | USA Shooting
indeed, incidental. Point to all of the times that another function is carried out and it will still be incidental.

The core use, primary function, total design is to kill / injure period, the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies