Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 02:47 PM

100 posts, read 41,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Because America is surrounded by two major oceans and have no real competitors. Kinda mostly why America became so powerful...

Old 08-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Are you suggesting we are a theocracy? Thread fail. Attempt to hate on Christianity noted.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:14 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
By what measure are the Europeans doing better?

If it was so great then why are the Brits leaving the EU?

What is the measure, how many retired and ex police are called up to secure the countries there? The number of people killed by terrorists? Maybe the economy of Greece (yes, part of the EU). Maybe the austerity taking hold in France? Maybe the mass sexual assaults on women?

Like that?

Old 08-11-2016, 03:18 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
I prefer the republican form of government, where the people are sovereigns, and the government is their servant. I like it when government secures rights, but only governs those who consent.
But if folks want the democratic form of government, where the people are subjects and the government rules them, who am I to say they can't.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:25 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Europe is doing better....?

Bwahahahahahaha!
This is bout spot on to my reaction to this as well.Their doing better aye? Sheesh, I am so up to the hills with this "We nned to be more like Europe", bilgewater. And always, never fails, first on the list of things we "need" to emulate, is farging gun control. Following right on that's heels is all the touchy feely, warm and fuzzy , just wet the bed feeling stuff.

Cultural diversity and tolerance, to the point of losing all indigeouness heritage and values, an most nonexistent sense of individual thought and ingenuity, taking personal security, personally (deer in the headlights) ....self reliance in that aspect is as alien as a thought from Saturn.

Now that their sense of " social conscience" has allowed their countries to be inundated with "refugees" that have intention of integrating, setting violent crime and terrorism off like sweating dynamite, personal security is moving to the GOP or the European list. Citizens are wanting to arm themselves, as the body count rises, and have realized that being dependent on police for protection just isn't working. Truth be known, that's nothing new in Europe. The people just don't know anything else. Didn't learn anything from WWII? Apparently not. And that legacy has bout died off. Taking some very important historical lessons with it.

So, there's a few examples of things NOT to copy Europe in. Used to be, I sorta wanted to visit Europe. Couldn't drag me there kicking and screaming with an all expenses paid tour. May as well just visit Syria. In the next war, the loser has to keep Europe.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:40 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Secularism and statism replaced religion. Not always with good results( Nazi Germany, communist Russia, China, North Korea, Cuba,.....
Most of those countries pretty much banned religion even on a personal level, which also creates problems.

A happier medium is allowing people to practice their religion on a personal level as they wish (so long as they're not breaking laws, so no honour killings, etc), but keeping it out of the government completely. Easier said than done, but many countries in Europe have been able to somewhat strike that balance. Well, at least before they allowed radical Muslim migrants to swarm in.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:46 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Europe is doing a great job rejecting Judaism and Christianity.
Those religians are shrinking quickly, to be replaced by a much more aggressive violent religian which is growing.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:49 PM

100 posts, read 41,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Those religians are shrinking quickly, to be replaced by a much more aggressive violent religian which is growing.
Hmmmm I don't know... Christianity had to be pretty aggressive and violent to spread around the globe. But I realize you are merely talking about the 21st century as those Europeans in the 1700 and 1800s were pretty tired of the Catholics and Protestants fighting each other.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:51 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Europe is doing a great job rejecting Judaism and Christianity.
And embracing Islam. Europe won't be secular much longer.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:08 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
And embracing Islam. Europe won't be secular much longer.
It really doesn't matter if Europe was 100% Islamic. Islam is at a continuous state of war for 1400+ years with itself. Why else would a Heretic or an Apostate be worse than being a Jew, Christian or Hindu?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies